Other Suggested Reads

Re: Other Suggested Reads

Postby Decibels on October 21st, 2008, 11:50 am

alabaster wrote:Oy I had a whole list comprised of my fave authors, but apparently they are already all of your favorite authors.

Jd Robb (For mysteries cop romance)
Nora Roberts (her fantasy/supernatural stories are the best :D)
Christine Feehan (love her! the dark series is amazing (carpathians are OH so sexy)
Katie MacAllister (Love love love her sense of humor, I've read nearly every story)
Dean Koontz is ok just dont care for Odd
I would have said the entire Harry Potter series (but i do not like the final installment)
The acorna novels are great (course they are just mystical and scifi)

yesh is that all i have in my room are JDRObb? lol i really like that series :D

OMG the first 4 are AWSOME! The Dark Series is one of my favs! There is a trilogy by Nora Roberts. It's the Key Trilogy. Nothing dealing with vampires or anything, just witches and gods, and suspense. That one I like too
Decibels

Postby OnceBittenTwiceShy on January 17th, 2009, 1:36 pm

MY favorite authers are:

Tamora Peirce all of her books
Anne McCaffrey dragon riders of pern
Stephanie Meyers
P.C. Cast romance and house of night
J.K. Rowling
and mercedese Lackey
OnceBittenTwiceShy

Postby RayWolf on January 19th, 2009, 9:34 am

Nora Roberts has a couple paranormal series...the sign of seven trilogy...blood brothers.......Three sisters Island trilogy.....and the circle trilogy...they are all good...

there Is also Angela Knight, Amanda Ashley, Christina Dodd, and Deborah Cooke....i so far love her Draggonfire Novels...and Laurel K Hamilton....
RayWolf

Postby Chelle on May 14th, 2009, 1:53 pm

I have read the Lords of Avalon, they are just as good as the DH, But these are set around King Arther and Merlin, with acouple of twists of course. Well worth trying out. :lol: :lol: 8-)
Chelle

Postby Denise on May 19th, 2009, 1:40 pm

For all of you Twilight fans: I think you will like Kelley Armstrong's new YA Paranormal series, Darkest Powers. The first book is "The Summoning", second book just came out in hardback "The Awakening". And if you already read her Women (and Men) of the Otherworld series, you'll recognize the setting, though so far no characters have crossed over to the YA books.
Denise

Postby Chelle on May 19th, 2009, 4:30 pm

I have also read The women of the other world, they are brilliant. A couple of other ideas
JR Ward - Black dagger brother hood ( A MUST READ, Vampires) series
Christine Feehan - Dark Carpathians ( a must read Vampires), Leopard people series
LA Banks - vampire
Jaquline Frank - Demons, warlocks, Druids, Vampires, Werecats
These are just some of the grat authors I have found over the last few years with the first two being my favroites, couldnt live if I didnt have them in my Stacks. :D :D :D
Chelle

Postby Caragh on June 9th, 2009, 6:32 pm

OMG the first 4 are AWSOME! The Dark Series is one of my favs! There is a trilogy by Nora Roberts. It's the Key Trilogy. Nothing dealing with vampires or anything, just witches and gods, and suspense.

I love all of NR's trilogies but I loved the Sign of Seven trilogy.

I read 'Time of My Life' by Allison Winn Scotch, I liked the premise of it - the whole 'what if?'/taken a different route idea
~Caragh~
Caragh

Postby MsKitty on June 10th, 2009, 5:07 am

Hiya!

I love Katie MacAlister - Her 'Dark Ones' novels are sooo funny & the Vamps are soooo grumpy!! Love it!!
Stephanie Meyer - Twilight Series sigh.. Edward.. I know, I know - I'm going to jail!!
Sylvia Day - I've read 'Pleasures Of The Night' & 'Heat Of The Night', I've hopefully got 'Alluring Tales' coming my way soon... Some of the language is a little crude but still a good read!

And of course you CAN'T go past Dr.Suess!! My daughter loves it when I read it out loud for her 'Green Eggs & Ham' is a favourite!! & My Husband is amazed that I CAN read it out loud!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby Caragh on June 18th, 2009, 7:45 pm

John Saul good suspense.

In all honesty, i've only been able to make it through one of his books, and only read a third of another book - it was hard to get into it.

I just finished reading Tribute by Nora Roberts, a little slow to start.
~Caragh~
Caragh

Postby marebear_2000 on September 25th, 2009, 4:34 pm

i only have 1 other favorite author...catherine coulter. i prefer her historicals to the contemporary settings. if a book falls into the romance category or is right there on the edge, i'll give it a shot. i tend to read multiple novels in single days. so if i like a story, there's a good chance i'll be reading it at least 10 more times in the future. i noticed that a lot of people have mentioned other paranormal authors. is it weird that i can't get into other vampire series? what is with the recent influx of vampire everything?
marebear_2000

PreviousNext

Return to Getting to know you questions