Tell Us About Yourself

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Postby aggru on May 10th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Denise wrote:This is just informational so we can come here to learn about each other. We can do our "Welcome" on the other thread. Just share what you are comfortable sharing but please include how you got started reading Lynsay's books. I'll let someone else go first this time.

My name is Marisa, Live in Mexico City, read my books in english since I'm 18, I love to read several genres and I sing in a choir, we are now preparing the Carmina Burana by Carl Orff and the Polovetsian Dances By Alexander Borodin (from his Oper The Prince Igor). the concerts well be with the OFUNAM in June.

I met Lynsay in a chat in 1999, she was meeting regulary with other authore there as they working together in Five Golden Rings, a friend I meet there, send me one of the books of Lynsay, and it was one of her historical medieval, I think it was The Key and I did love it, so from there I was hooked, I have read them alsmost at the time they have been published, there I meet also Constance O'Banyon, Melanie Jackson and Christien Feehan, I used to buy them when I was working, but whem I left that job, I have been working freelance, so my money for books have been not much in the last years, but have wonderful friends that let me read from thier books.
aggru

Postby coltsfan16057 on May 15th, 2008, 9:35 am

Hello, I am new to the forum. My name is Tina, my username is Coltsfan16057. I live in Slippery Rock, Pa but I am not a Steeler fan ... I am a huge Indianapolis Colts fan. I have been married for just under 10 years, I have 2 boys and a whole bunch of animals. I am a stay at home mom but before that I was a social worker. I started reading when I was 4 and haven't stopped ever since. I always tell my kids they can have too many toys but NEVER enough books. I started reading Lynsay's books by accident really. I was at the book store to let my boys pick out a couple books and they asked if I could take them to the indoor playground at the mall (uggghhh) so I just grabbed the book sitting by the checkout at Borders and it happened to be Vampire Interrupted. I was hooked. Before I left the mall I went back and bought the other one they had sitting there which was Vampires are Forever. SO that is how I got addicted. My favorite is Bite me if You Can.. I love Lucian. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
coltsfan16057

Postby sin on May 15th, 2008, 9:44 am

coltsfan16057 wrote: My favorite is Bite me if You Can.. I love Lucian. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

I see I have another in my corner. As toy will see we have "discussions " on who is the best. Hope you enjoy the madness as much as we do.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby falyssashadow on May 15th, 2008, 5:14 pm

my name is actually Falyssa... im 21 and the mother of an awesome 2 yr old that hopefully one day will come back to live with me sad story there :cry: i read the accidental vampire and was hooked. i absoloutly love metal(so much that my little girl is named after one,kristal shadow = shadows fall)theres really not a whole lot to know about me other than that, oh and i live in sulphur,oklahoma
falyssashadow

Postby ceeceebullet on May 16th, 2008, 5:51 pm

*waves* Hello. My name is Kerrie, but everyone on the internet knows and calls me CeeCee. I answer to either, but I prefer CeeCee. I'm 27 years old and from Massachusetts. I just hit my 4 year wedding anniversary yesterday (May 15th) with my husband James. We don't have any children yet as we're waiting to build a house but we have 2 adorable and spunky little kittens, Sayde and Midnight.

I got into Lynsay when I was shopping at Roche Brothers in my supermarket back a couple months ago with my sister in laws. I just happened to walk by the book department and since I am facinated by the vampire world, the books stood out to me. I read the back cover and thought it was interesting. I was going to buy Vampire Interupted but my older sister in law said I should buy Accidental Vampire first as it looked to be in a series. Listening to her I did and I'm 270 something pages in and hooked. My God woman, you can write hot sex scenes! I haven't been able to put the darn book down even while at work and I went and bought Vampire Interupted and Vampires are Forever last night. I am a huge fan of Victor and Elvi...Mable and DJ are quite juicy too. LOL.

Other than that, I'm into music - performing, singing, and dancing. I also do craploads of band promotion for some bands from Finland, the biggest being The Rasmus. I help Coleman Bogey, Happiness, and WideScreen Mode as well. And on top of that, I am now a DJ for an online radio called Finnish Underground (finnishunderground.com). Life is busy, but exciting!!
.x. CeeCee .x.
{ Agent Squeakster of the Fiction Police }
"When you're sad and no one knows it...I'll send you black roses"
ceeceebullet

Postby gracebe on May 16th, 2008, 7:39 pm

My name is Gayla, I don't have a nickname. I am new to lynsay sands. i just read Vampires are Forever and I thought it was great. I intend to read the other ones. I don't have anyone else that reads like i do or the kinds of books I read. I have one hobby, beading jewelry, etc.... I also like music a lot. I don't get to too many movies. I have a big family, 3 brothers and 3 sisters, 30 nephews and nieces. I like meeting new people. Iam not very aggressive about though. I will stop for now. :D
Last edited by gracebe on May 19th, 2008, 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gracebe

Postby Gypsy on May 17th, 2008, 7:34 am

Angel, I can sympathize, I have had fibromyalgia for 17 years now. I have recently tried Lyrica, it might work for you also. Take care, Gypsy
Not all who wander are lost! J.R.R. Tolkien
~~~~~ SASSy ARGENEAUTS ~~~~~
**** AEA Sister of the Pixies ****
Gypsy

Postby Octavia on May 18th, 2008, 2:23 pm

Hi there. My name is Amy (user name Octavia). I'm 24 and I just graduated last year with my B.A. in English Literature with a minor in Latin Language Studies. I love antiques and anything old (hence the Latin), but I also like technology, even if I'm a little behind sometimes. I live in Maine so I'm just recently becoming reacquainted with greenery (we had a long long winter). I love to read all genres from Homer to Michael Moore, and of course Lynsay :) I'm also a big tea drinker, movie watcher, chocoholic, clothes lover (specifically shoes and handbags), learner (if I had the money I'd travel and take classes forever), and a bunch of other things. I have a new niece and Siberian Husky puppy who are both so cute.

Currently I'm going through what I like to call a mid-twenties crisis; What career path do I want to take? When do I want to go back to school and what for? What's my purpose in life? All that good stuff. Right now I'm narrowing my focus down to finding a job that I don't find disgustingly boring and tedious, or just not me; I taught high school Latin for a while, but that was a nightmare for several reasons. Now I'm the business manager for a small retail company (boring). My arch nemesis is the comma (I will know how to use if for a week it seems and then I forget and have to go through one of my grammar books again :x ). My other goal is to read up on my grammar. I've been slacking since I graduated.

Anyway, I started reading Lynsay's books when I was browsing in Borders and saw Love Bites. It looked good so I bought it and read it from cover to cover with only breaks for food and the bathroom :) Needless to say I loved it! I went out and bought TDAH and SWV, and now I buy the new ones as soon as they come out. I love her sense of humor and writing style. She doesn't make cardboard characters so every book is interesting. Vampire, Interrupted is one of my favorites. Bastien is my favorite male, but of course I love the rest. Anyway, enough about me. It's nice to meet everyone.
Octavia

Postby Alyssa321 on May 19th, 2008, 11:45 am

Hi,
My name is Jeannine ( user name Alyssa321 ), I live in Southern California. I am a single mom of two girls. Work full time, and then have my hands full at home with a quirky eight year old, and my five year old has cerebral palsy and other brain anomalies, there is never a dull moment, but it does create a very exhausted mommy! I started reading Lynsay’s books a few years ago, but I can’t remember which I started with, I do believe it was the anthology with Howells story as well, and the Argeneau books were recommended by Amazon because of that purchase; first book was Love Bites, and I have been hooked since.
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. ~Kahlil
Alyssa321

Postby Lazy Trainer on May 19th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Hi, first time here.
I read. A LOT. I don't like scary though and completely avoided vampire books until a friend shoved Single White Vampire under my nose and insisted I read it. What can I say? I loved the book. So much so I went out and bought my own copy. I bought each new book as it came out and then had to do it all over again when my daughter hauled the stash off to law school with her.
I have been an animal trainer for forty years and just closed my stables to the public two years ago. I am currently writing down all my hard learned lessons in the hope others will be able to skip some of the rougher ones. There's just got to be an easier way to learn to be a lead mare than having other lead mares try to kill you. Okay, they weren't really trying to kill me; just put me in my place, but the kick or bite that will make another horse go "ouch" is much more to a human.
My DH and I will celebrate our 33 anniversery next week. We have two children and two grandchildren. There are also six horses, five cats, three dogs (one is 21 years old) and a lot of wild animals that like to hang out around here.
Lazy Trainer

PreviousNext

Return to Getting to know you questions