Tell Us About Yourself

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Postby JM_Luna on September 27th, 2009, 7:34 pm

I'm Johanna from the US currently residing in the NorthWest but originally from the NorthEast. I started with Accidental Vampire, I was antsy for a new read and was at the book section of a store, the excerpt caught my intrest. I have no regrets and have now read and own every book I can find on the Argeneau Series.
JM_Luna

Postby Shienara on October 16th, 2009, 2:40 am

Hello everyone! :)

My RL life name is Tara; I'm a 31 yr old Early Childhood Educator living in British Columbia, Canada. I've been a big fan of paranormal romance for a long time, and was thrilled to discover Lynsay Sands about a year ago. I love her fresh and interesting take on the legends and myths of vampirism. I find it new, exciting and very different from alot of other authors out there.

I originally started with Bite Me if You Can...And then of course, I had to go out and purchase all the other Argeneau books that were out at the time. I also ended up making my very first Amazon.ca purchase because of Lynsay! (my bookstore didn't carry the first four books, and I was desperate to read them! lol) I have now read all the books, and am looking forward to Tiny's story. My favourite book is always the one I'm currently reading at any given moment, although I have a soft spot for Lucian and Leigh's story, as it was my first, as well as Marguerite and Julius' story, as it shared so much history and backstory.

I was very happy to find this forum through Lynsay's website, I love fan forums as they are a great way to connect with other like minded people who share a common passion. Looking forward to getting to know the members here; I have been browsing though boards, threads and posts, and I feel like the atmosphere here is friendly and fun. And of course, it's beyond amazing that we get posts from the author herself! :D
Shienara

Postby Heli on November 7th, 2009, 4:03 pm

Hi, my name is Heli, I'm 36 years old and I live in Finland. I'm teaching mathematics in the University of Joensuu.
I first found Lynsay's book when browsing Amazon's pages. I was looking for new books and until then I only read paranormals with magic or ghosts but I wasn't interested in vampires. I felt that there could only be one kind of vampires (glad I was wrong) and that was the kind they showed in Buffy. And who would/could love those creatures (Angel and later Spike were obviously exceptions...). Single White Vampire sounded interesting and funny so I ordered it and after I had read it I went back to find more... And Bite to Remember was immediately on my pre-order list. (Btw BTR is one of my favourites.)
Heli

Postby lynnzerben on November 22nd, 2009, 3:28 pm

Hi I'm Lynn and I'm in my 5th year at Southern Methodist University in Dallas Texas . I'm hoping graduate this Dec. with my BA in CTV (film, television, and media studies) and a minor in art. Yes it's taken me 5 and a half years to study art and movies. :roll: I'm hoping to get a job at a production or post-production house some where in Texas. So everyone keep their fingers crossed.

The first Lynsay Sands book I read was Love Bites. Finals were over and I went to Barns and Noble to treat myself to a new book, a mug of hot tea and a big comfy chair to enjoy it in. As I was looking through the book shelves I found Love Bites, the title and the the cover (the old one) were just so cute. I read the back and thought it sounded cool so I sat down and started to read. When I got to the part where Rachel wakes up after being turned and thinks that she's having a wet dream, I laughed so hard people were staring at me. A month or so later I was visiting my friend in San Antonio. We were walking around Boarders catching up on how things were going and we ended up in the Romance section. I ended up buying A Bite to Remember for her. About two days later I got a call from her. The first things she said was "I hate you." She was complaining about the fact the now she had to buy the rest of the series and it was all my fault. (Revenge is sweet. She's the one who got me into Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series :twisted: )

Funny story, Sherrily Kenyon came to Dallas and while I was waiting in line for her to sign my book I kept telling everyone about Lynsay Sands and how amazing her books were. Many had already read them and agreed with me and I know I converted several others. :D

Well I can keep writing but I think I should stop before this gets to long. So there you are, a little bit about me.
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

Postby vammpgurl on December 8th, 2009, 3:11 pm

Hi, my name is Danielle and am currently a stay at home mom!! Im 29yrs old and have 2 daughters.. Annamae who is almost 12 and Payton who will be 5 next month..Oh yes, and i forgot my husband Adam, lol..I love tattoos, as i have around 12 at the moment.. One being a vampire :) oh, yes, did i mention I had a Halloween wedding? AWESOME, might I add, lol. Anyway I have always loved reading but unfortunately for a little while didnt have much time.. I'm making it now, whether I have to stay up till 2am or not, which is usually the case! My husband and I were having problems for a while and I found reading again to be my getaway from real life and it helps me to unwind and feel for at least a little while that im in a perfect Vampire world!! Ive read all of the Twilight books several times as well as tons of sherillyn kenyon and Deans koontz and many others, but I am really diggin Lynsay!! I love that little bit of humor that is added in the books, and just makes u laugh out loud and than look around to see whos looking at u like your nuts, lol Anyway im addicted to the Argeneau/Hunter series right now and in search for all of the books!! Im lovn Decker, and Nicholas< for some reason there my faves at the moment!! Cant wait for Armands story, and cant wait to chat ore in the many forums!! tataaaa :)

Oh, by the way, how do i make my pics that small to add in as a avatar? Im lost!!
VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!! A girls best friend... well, in my dreams maybe
vammpgurl

Postby MysticFan on January 18th, 2010, 4:45 pm

Hello :D

Since I’m new and all I decided to tell a lil about myself. My name is Rhonda . . . I am a 27-year-old stay at home wife & mommy. I have been married for six years and we have a GORGEOUS 6 months old lil boy that is my absolute EVERYTHING. We live in a very small community in West Virginia and even though we live sort of deep into the country I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else in the world. Reading is a huge past time of mine, when I actually get a chance. I also love cooking, photography and life with my family. I’m a simple genuine down-to-earth gal that is very easy to get along with. I love meeting new people and making new friends and at times I love to talk...lol. The first Lynsay Sands book that I ever read was Single White Vampire. My hubby bought it for me as one of my anniversary gifts last year in December. I was going through a reading phase because there wasn’t much I could do with me being 10 weeks’ pregnant & high risk, but I actually didn’t get around to reading the book until just a few weeks ago and let me just say I am kicking myself for waiting this long. I finished SWV in like two days and immediately purchased Tall Dark and Hungry. I am now in the process of getting every other book that I haven’t read. I’m HOOKED in the worst way and very anxious to get started on the rest of the series. I’m not really sure on what else I should share so I will leave it here for now. ;)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby Denise on January 19th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Ah, to be newly discovering all the Argeneaus. It's a wonderful time, Rhonda. Have fun!
Denise

Postby MysticFan on January 21st, 2010, 11:40 pm

I just purchased "A Quick Bite,” "Love Bites," ( it was out of stock at the book store so I had to order :( ) "A Bite to Remember" & " Bite Me if you Can.” I am finishing up on AQB and I am hoping that "Love Bites" will be in the mail tomorrow. I am trying to do this in the right order, but I really don't know if I can wait days before starting on another book. . . . I think I have it badly for the Argeneau family :lol: I just can't put these books down!!!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on January 22nd, 2010, 8:39 pm

Duo-chan wrote:I'm so glad I found this forum. Because here are people to whom I can talk about the Argeneau series, cause nobody else I know reads them. Especially not my friends cause they don't read english. So I'm glad to be here and hope you guys will forgive me my 'bad' grammar. Sometimes I mix grammar up or write words a bit wrong ^^

Welcome Duo-chan! The forum here is really a fun place to be! Everyone here is friendly and don't let you remain a "newbie" for very long!

As for your English, don't worry! We have members from all over and really don't care too much about correct grammar! In fact, there is a thread here for "English as a Second Language". If you're unsure how to say something, just head there and we'll try to help you out.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby seashell on April 7th, 2010, 1:57 pm

I'm seashell & I'm baaack...sitting on the back porch, chatting with wren on the phone, having her type for me, talking over philosophy & that my politics are liberal-conservative...I'm somewhat a contradiction in terms! :lol: Thinking it's time for a reread of the Argeneau books...btw, for those of you newer here...I'm seashell, and my actual biological sisters are Gypsy & the chatty one you all know as wren...although in real life, Gypsy is chattier by far...the only reason I'm not an Immortal yet is I can't type. I'm technologically challenged. :cry: Hello, house elf Terri...do I nano-points for that? If not, I'll be really old before getting officially turned! I might not survive it...

wren 'turned' me to the Argeneau books...then I 'turned 'the rest of the family with her help, and now we all read everything Lynsay! Nice to meet y'all. Don't always have 'puter access, cause as I said before, I don't do keyboards...and I just learned to turn my daughter's computer on or I would be here more often!

I love all of Lynsay's books, including the historicals...they crack me up! My fave historical is The Brat and my fave Argeneau...after giving up fighting over Bastien with my twin sister Gypsy-Terri (funny, irl we never fought over any man as we have totally different taste, except when it's Bastien) so I decided to join big sisters sin and GiGi and fellow AE sister Copper in the "Grumpy Old Vamps" club! Give me a Greek god or a Greek god's little brother anytime! Image I'd have to say TAV is my fave Argeneau book...think about it...it has five hunky vampires...count 'em, FIVE, all with their unique descriptions...and abilities :oops: ...first thing I noticed! ;) :lol:

With sissies wren's & Gypsy's help, along with my niece & daughter, I'm on facebook & the forum...one day I might even be truly Immortal & see my name in navy blue...if I'm not too old to survive the pain. :shock: Oh Lynsay & Terri...how about a little mercy for the techie turtle SASSy? :D
Life is full of cherries, and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~ Auntie Mame
~~~~~ SASSy ARGENEAUTS ~~~~~
** AEA Sister of the Seven Seas **
seashell

PreviousNext

Return to Getting to know you questions