Tell Us About Yourself

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Postby Lynsay on April 8th, 2010, 11:46 am

Welcome Seashell, or rewelcome or welcome back, lol.

I got on here today and saw that you'd posted yesterday after I approved posts and they were waiting all this time and said, "Terri, can you fix it so seashell doesn't have to wait on me to approve her?" and she said, "I already did." Hmmm. Ms Super-efficient. She's great. She really is. I'm lucky to have her. But then you and your sisters know about that kind of thing. LOL

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on April 9th, 2010, 6:55 am

Lynsay wrote:Welcome Seashell, or rewelcome or welcome back, lol.

I got on here today and saw that you'd posted yesterday after I approved posts and they were waiting all this time and said, "Terri, can you fix it so seashell doesn't have to wait on me to approve her?" and she said, "I already did." Hmmm. Ms Super-efficient. She's great. She really is. I'm lucky to have her. But then you and your sisters know about that kind of thing. LOL

Lynsay

Oh Lynsay...will you turn seashell's name to Immortal blue now? 8-) Terri is great! I'm glad that you have sisters that you are so close to also. I know that the three of us stick together no matter what happens! :D
wren

Postby seashell on April 9th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Lynsay wrote:Welcome Seashell, or rewelcome or welcome back, lol.

Lynsay

Thanks for the welcome back, Lynsay! :)
Life is full of cherries, and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~ Auntie Mame
~~~~~ SASSy ARGENEAUTS ~~~~~
** AEA Sister of the Seven Seas **
seashell

Postby october on April 23rd, 2010, 1:15 pm

Hello im stephanie,I am 35 and have three kids.We are all book worms.I read all the time and really like vampires.I had seen love bites and tall dark and hungry in the book store a few times,they kept calling out to me.I would read the back and think it sounded good but for some reason i would put it back down.Finally a few years ago i got my head on straght and bought all the books that was out.Well of course i was hooked.Now they are on my much loved book list.
october

Postby cgsdesigns on August 31st, 2010, 12:54 am

Who Am I?
My real name is Kristi, people usually call me "cg" online. I get to live with fibromyalgia, degenerative bone disease, neurological disorder, and rheumatoid arthritis. I also get the added bonus of problems with my short term memory when combined with pain. It's a fun life. I have to laugh about it, it's just my payment for living a life like I was an immortal until I was 35.... I thought I was invincible I think.

I grew up dancing, square dancing and clogging, then eventually waltz, two step, swing, and line dancing. I used to dance daily for about 2 hours every day from age 7 until 15. Then when I hit 31 I danced 4 nights a week from bar open to last call until I was 39.

I graduated #13 in my class in 1984. I was only 17, the youngest in my class. I was married the fall after graduation at 17,... I had to have my parents sign that it was okay at the court house! I had my daughter at age 19 after they told me I would never get pregnant! LOL I remained married to Renee's father for 10 years and then divorced him. It was an abusive marriage. At 27 I was single and living life to the fullest. I rode quads, snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, jet skis, and anything else that went fast and got me dirty. I knew how to fix my cars thanks to my dad and his little trick to try to keep me home after I got my license... he would disable my truck and I had to figure out how to fix it to take off... and how to put it back to how he broke it. LOL

I also started college during that time! I started out in classes for radiology but ended up in computer information systems. I’ve always had a computer, even back when I had to write my own program to play a game! Of course it was a simple game of adding numbers between 1 and 9. LOL It took forever! I still dabble in computers. I have my own website that is a total wreck right now after I disassembled it to build a huge wedding site for my daughter.

At 31 I married again and made a move across state. I'm still on the other side of the state from my family but I like it here. That was another 10 year marriage that ended in divorce. But that is kind of misleading. We were married for 10 years but only actually lived together for 2 years. We learned we could not live together without trying to kill each other so we both had our own houses. After 8 years of that, and numerous marriage councilors, we called it quits. We are best friends now and encourage each other a lot, even in the dating scene!

I have always had a fascination with vampires. I always used to joke that I would become one if I could. Dracula was my first crush as a kid. Strange I know. Then God got the last laugh! I was put on 3 medications that react badly with the sun. I could not go out in the sun for 5 minutes without burning bright red. As a result, I turned pale white. Then I ended up with dentures (the dentist wouldn’t put fangs on them like I wanted though).

How did I start reading Lynsay Sands’ books?

Back when Eclipse came out, I started reading again. I’ve always hated reading because once I start a book nothing gets done until I finish it. Even sleep waits until I close the book at the end. I was surfing the web one day and found the Twilight books in audible format and fell in love with audio books! I could listen to my stories and still get stuff done. I could even listen in the truck which was great since I drive across state once a month. Then I found one of the Sookie Stackhouse books and fell in love with them. I took out a membership at audible.com because I wanted to read/hear rest of the books. Well, after going through all those and then a few other shorter series of vampire stories, I was searching Audible.com for just “vampire” and seen A Quick Bite. It wasn’t in a series, it sounded pretty cool, so since I had a few credits built up and was looking to spend them, I took a chance and bought it. From then on, I was hooked! I have fallen in love with the Argeneau’s.

I collect vampire show memorabilia and have many Twilight Saga posters as well as True Blood and Vampire Diaries posters framed and hanging in my house. I also own a bunch of other collectors stuff as well as hard cover, paperback and audio books for all of my favorite series. I’m sure it baffles my friends since if you were to look at me, you would think I was a true redneck. And yes, I basically am a redneck that loves vampires.

Me in a nutshell?
I love vampires, I love to laugh and joke around, I’ve lived a lot and experienced many things growing up as a Navy brat. I love to dance even if I can’t do it much at all anymore. I love my ferrets and my dog. I love my daughter who is 24 and am very proud of her. I love to play NeoPets and can be found there as cgsdesigns as well.

Why cgsdesigns?
Back in 1997 when I started chatting online, I had a favorite site to go to to chat since YIM wasn’t around on the college computers. To log in you had to either pay or try to get in as a visitor. Sometimes it would take several tries to log in as a guest and I always went in as “Country Girl”. Eventually I got tired of typing that over and over and started just using “cg” . It stuck. Then I started designing graphics and needed a name for my graphics site. Of course the simple answer… cg’s designs. The C and G stood for Country Girl in the beginning, but after the graphics started and a few years went by, I would always get asked if it was “Computer Generated” or Computer Graphics. Nope, simply Country Girl because that has always been the best way to describe me.
cgsdesigns

Postby susan60625 on August 31st, 2010, 7:16 pm

Wow CG! You've had an interesting life! Plus, it looks like you can give our dear Wren a run for her money. We tease her ceaselessly about her long, wordy posts. Don't get me wrong! We all love to talk and we all have our moments of verbosity. I see you've been jumping in. Good. We're a fun bunch here and look forward to getting to know you better!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on August 31st, 2010, 8:34 pm

susan60625 wrote:Wow CG! You've had an interesting life! Plus, it looks like you can give our dear Wren a run for her money. We tease her ceaselessly about her long, wordy posts. Don't get me wrong! We all love to talk and we all have our moments of verbosity. I see you've been jumping in. Good. We're a fun bunch here and look forward to getting to know you better!

I saw that cg & I had quite a bit in common, and that cg also has a lot in common with my irl sisters Gypsy & Seashell...oh, & cg...I've needed someone around here who can write a few good essay posts along with me! Sue is right...they do tease me...but then, I admit that I'm "chatty!" :D
wren

Postby Gothic Vampiress on November 28th, 2010, 2:50 am

Hey, not sure if I've already introduced myself but......hello anyway

Well, I was banned from a forum for a stupid rule that they made and then the next forum I posted something really stupid and did not mean it and I just left from embarrassment .

I hope to make good company here
Gothic Vampiress

Postby wren on December 6th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Gothic Vampiress wrote:Hey, not sure if I've already introduced myself but......hello anyway

Well, I was banned from a forum for a stupid rule that they made and then the next forum I posted something really stupid and did not mean it and I just left from embarrassment .

I hope to make good company here

Awww...Gothic Vampiress....hon, Lynsay's forum is laid-back, and she or Terri discreetly handle it if you break a rule or are unaware of a policy. Mostly it's just kindness & respect around here! We treat each other as if we are sitting in Lynsay's "cyber-home" and try to act the way we would if we were guests at her home in Canada. We don't post fan-fic due to Lynsay's contract. Let's see...we can post links, but we have to copy & paste to check them out, and you get the privilege of posting without moderator approval after you are "turned" Immortal (your name will then be navy blue)...so Welcome to the best forum anywhere. Image

If you haven't done the Getting To Know You or Quirky Questions, please do & read over ours, as they help us get to know one another better & see what we have in common. Plus, they're just fun! Jump into the games & discussions. Don't worry about what you posts or making mistakes here...we've all posted something that didn't come out right (it's hard to get the correct tone in text sometimes) and been embarrassed, but we just apologize and move on since we realize we don't have nanos yet, and none of us are perfect. I've had bad experiences on other forums too, but I've been with Lynsay for three years. For good company, you have come to the right place. We are a close group that always welcomes new friends!!!! 8-) :D

wren

Postby TomEC on December 7th, 2010, 6:46 pm

Hi everyone. The name’s Thomas. And yeah, I’m a guy. I haven’t had time to look things over too much, so I’m not sure if I’m the only one here. I do feel like an intruder and I’m not sure if I’m welcome. I do like women a lot. So much, in fact, that I married one and, after thirteen years, I still consider it one of the best things I’ve ever done. My Theresa is the sun and... Okay, okay back on track.
I’m not so much a romance fan (hope you don’t mind) but more of a science-fiction, fantasy fan. Good stories and books are an important part of my life and have been for as long as I can remember. I work two jobs: one I love, photography, and one I don’t much care for. The second one involves spending a lot of hours going about a mind numbing routine that requires very little thought. If it wasn’t for podcasts and audio books from Audible.com, my brain would have melted and leaked out of my ears by now. I don’t think it has yet. I found myself listening a lot of books with vampire themes because there are so many of them that they’re hard to avoid if you enjoy contemporary fantasy like I do. Besides, if they’re done well, they’re almost irresistible: romance, immortality, cool superpowers, what not to like. When I bought my first Lynsay Sands book, Love Bites, on Audible and listened to it I was hooked. I listened to one after another until I ran out and now have to wait patiently for the next one (crap!). I love the Argeneau family. No stereotypical brooding vampires here, just good people we would love to be friends with. A breath of fresh air. And set in Canada! You have to be from here to understand what that means. True, Southern Ontario is a world away from my little town in Saskatchewan, but it’s set in Canada and not the United States. Wuhu! Nothing against Americans, they’re fine people, but they get plenty. So there you go, an up close and personal look at the Canadian National Inferiority Complex and yes, we need therapy.
So I hope you ladies don’t mind a guy hanging around. I’ll try not to ogle... much.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to Getting to know you questions