Tell Us About Yourself

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Postby Razzbaby on May 28th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Hi -My name is Robin, my user name though is Razz or Razzbaby. About me, I love to travel and have traveled extensively in the continental U.S. I've been out of the country twice now and have enjoyed it immensely. I love to read. I got hooked on Argeneau series and then also found Erin McCarthy's series to. But I read a lot of others too. I have a masters in library science even though I'm not a working librarian. But hence all the books I've got and carry with me through the many moves I've made. It's too hard parting with so many of them. It's like they're apart of me. Currently living in Minnesota but have lived all over Illinois. :)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by. Doug Adams
Razzbaby

Postby the newbie on July 8th, 2008, 6:09 am

hello..im the newbie... i think we should keep my name at that because im a bit younger than you all....im an aspiring writer.. just trying to get my foot in the door.. you know make a name for myself... i think thats what every person my age wants.. just to be somebody... i currently live with my godmother... we have a few pets... but only one is mine and thats an orange cat named Joker... to be honest i havent actually read any of Ms.Sands work..this is due to the fact that it's probably a bit too mature for me... but from what i've heard she is a very good writer...and i cant wait to read her work... so you're aLL probably wondering why im here.. it's mainly bacuse i get along with adults better than people my own age... and this seemed like a safer place to try to make friends.. so thats all for me
the newbie

Postby DarkLilac on July 9th, 2008, 6:38 pm

My name is Melanie, I am a 27 year old stay at home mom of 2 boys. They are 9 and 6(soon to be 7 in August). I've been married for 9 1/2 years to my husband Dean. We live in upstate South Carolina where Dean works for a BMW supplier. I love to read, and I write as well although I'm too self conscious to have anything published. I write horror though. I was once approached by a magazine to write something after they read my work, but I just couldn't write what they wanted. They said I was too graphic for them. LOL.(It was a horror short story)
Um...so much I could tell you about myself,but I wont' go on forever.
DarkLilac

Postby alabaster on July 12th, 2008, 10:37 am

It was a dark and gloomy night, no wait... sorry. Lemme try again

It was a bright and glowing mornign... oh hell.

Heh. Yea i'm a nut. I'm Kristi I'm in arkansas. I'm 28 years old, not married, no children. I am a nonprofessional, unpublished author. I do a lot of poetry and short fiction as well as the novels that i've begun, and the one that i finished, that needs a complete overhaul before I decide if I want to chuck it or keep it.

I have a miniature schnauzer named Hatchet. he is in dire need of a haircut. :D But he's a bundle of love and fluff and I love him. I have 2 siblings, both younger. The older of the two is My brother, and he recently became a wedded man to a wonderful woman. So i guess I could say I have three siblings.. sorta.

I'm a fanatical reader, I find an author and latch on. Currently I have about six that I just can't seem to get enough of. From Nora Roberts/Jd Robb, to Lyndsay Sands with at least four thrown in for good measure. I love paranormal romances, and I will say that Lyndsay was my first foray into the vampire fiction that i've grown to love.

My Younger sister, is 20 and has too fallen into the family of the Argeneaus. If we happen to stumble upon a book in the series and I've yet to procure it, she will flash it before my eyes and giggle. YES giggle. the following scenario is one of a major repetition.

"YES! Look what I'm going to read!"
"Oh nice. The new lyndsay sands book." (thats me btw)
"Yep, and I'm going to read it first!"
"Ok. Go for it."(Me again.)
"And you can't read it til I'm done."
"Ok."
She will read until she falls asleep, and I'll grab the book and have it done in about two hours, she never even knows i took the darn thing :D

Happens everytime :D
alabaster

Postby love2read on July 28th, 2008, 6:30 am

ok this is how i found out about lynsay sands.....barnes and noble.com, while i was looking for something interesting to read (vampires) i found the book the accendental vampire (yay) and that is how it all started. after that i got every one of the series and am now collecting the other title by LS.
i love her books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
love2read

Postby AmberGriffiths on August 2nd, 2008, 6:00 pm

Hi, well I'm Amber and I am 17 years old. I am still at school in sixth form and am studying ALevels because I want to be a doctor. I am the only one in my family who enjoys reading, my room is filled with books and I have no room for anything else! My mum is currently resfusing to buy me any more books but I am sure I can sway her! I want to volunteer in Africa within the next couple of years in a school and a wildlife shelter, so I have and am saving money for that right now.
I first bought AQB last year from my local charity shop and loved it. I hadn't realised it was a series and a couple of months ago Lynsay Sands' name popped into my head and I looked her up and found the other books in her Argeneau series. I have already bought Love Bites which I also loved and today I ordered SWV. I will have to wait for another month until someone buys me the next one lol. Or I will dive into my savings, which I really don't want to do!

Erm... Dunno what else to say.. Oh yeah Im from England (yes, it is boring and cold and wet..) lol.. I talk too much..

Byeee
Brad - Look it's a falling star
Me - Dont you mean shooting??
Brad - No. I looked at you and meant fallen though.

Love Yu Perv
AmberGriffiths

Postby wren on August 2nd, 2008, 9:48 pm

Hi, and welcome AmberGriffiths! ImageThis is a wonderful forum, and we have a a lot of fun together.

When you get a chance, please fill out the "Getting To Know You" questions. It helps us find out things we each have in common! Also, our very own Mr. Spice (who is our moderator, but also Lynsay's in real life dear husband, Dave) is from England, although The Spices, as we affectionally call them, now reside in Lynsay's home country of Canada. We have a few others from the UK and from around the world on the forum! It sounds like you have some wonderful goals for yourself! So, jump in and join us in discussions whenever you have time, and I'm sure a way will come about for the next book. Each one is a treasure you will keep and reread many times!

wren Image
wren

Postby Mr Spice on August 5th, 2008, 7:24 pm

AmberGriffiths wrote: ... boring and cold and wet

Ah. How I miss the old country when I hear that... Or perhaps not.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby wren on August 6th, 2008, 3:47 am

Mr Spice wrote:
AmberGriffiths wrote: ... boring and cold and wet

Ah. How I miss the old country when I hear that... Or perhaps not.

Ah, but you wouldn't be happy in the old country without your dear Mrs. Spice...so better to stay in the "new world" with us! :lol: Besides, you can always go home for a visit when you get too lonely for the old one! If I remember correctly, you had plenty of cold and snow to shovel and to keep you busy last winter in Canada, and mean monster-sized mosquitos to deal with this summer while househunting. It doesn't sound as if your life is ever boring, and you have such a wonderful lifemate to take care of you!

And then there are all of the SASSy ARGENEAUTS, Mr. Spice! Admit it, Dave, what would you do without us to keep you happily busy on the forum in addition to your real life? ;)
wren

Postby hazel595 on August 13th, 2008, 5:13 pm

Hello,
My name is Julie I currently live in Western MA in a little town called South Hadley (if you call a town of about 7,000 small, which I do because my hometown has a population of 120,000). I grew up on the east coast of FL, about 45 minutes south of Cape Canaveral so as a child I could watch space shuttle launches from my backyard. I decided to go to college in MA and then stayed put. I am currently working as a 911 emergency medical dispatcher for the city of Springfield. There are days that I love what I do and there are days where I am all set and ready to just leave. Except for the fact that I am not a fan of job hunting. I am oldest of four in a blended family, two sister and a brother. All of them are married and two of them have two children apiece. I love my nieces and nephews but they still live in FL so I only see them about once a year. I have a incredibly fat cat named Thomas O'Malley, but his girth is not my fault my roommate likes to give him cat treats.
As for how I started reading Lynsay's books, I first read a short story by her in a Christmas Anthology. I like it but didn't pick up anything else by her at the time. Then this past January, I was visiting my Dad and step-mom and was at Wal-Mart looking for something to read because I was bored. I saw Accidental Vampire and became completely hooked on the series and by February I had purchase and read every book in the series (what can I say I am quick reader).
On an end note, I am really looking forward to chatting with all of you. I have been reading all of the comments posted in the different discussions and I am so amazed at all of the different angles that are hypothesized. This seems like a really dynamic group.
Ok, so I am going to stop typing now, sorry for being so chatty.
hazel595

PreviousNext

Return to Getting to know you questions