Tell Us About Yourself

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Postby AmberGriffiths on August 13th, 2008, 5:23 pm

Hi Julie!

You don't need to be sorry for being chatty.. It's a GOOD thing! I'm new here too and everyone has been really friendly and welcoming (Thanks guys!) I'm sure you will fit right in. Which I don't because I have only read three of the books, with the fourth coming to me in the post any day now...
But, you will have fun with all of the games, the random but lovely conversations everyone has on this forum!! =)

Amber
Brad - Look it's a falling star
Me - Dont you mean shooting??
Brad - No. I looked at you and meant fallen though.

Love Yu Perv
AmberGriffiths

Postby booboolizzy on August 13th, 2008, 5:27 pm

Hi Julie! Welcome to the forum! I also stumbled upon The Accidental Vampire last month and then fell in love with the Argeneau series, bought all 9 books, and read them all in less than a month. I have only been a member of the forum for a short time and everyone here is so nice and welcoming. It's the best forum I've ever encountered, plus I think it's really neat that we are graced with posts from Lynsay and Mr. Spice when they have time! :) Oh, and don't worry, I'm really long-winded so you won't be alone in chattiness!
"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." - Dean Karnazes
booboolizzy

Postby booboolizzy on August 13th, 2008, 5:31 pm

After reading Julie's post, I realized that I haven't filled this out yet.

My name is Elizabeth, I'm 27 years old, and currently work for the state of CA as a project manager for special grants. I was the first in my family when I graduated college a few years ago. I am currently in a relationship, but have never been married and have no children, with the exception of my crazy cats Mr. Marshmallow and Mr. Crackerjack. I have always loved to read, but I have become addicted to Lynsay's books! Besides running and reading, I also am interested in drawing, photography, camping, swimming, laughing, weight-lifting, watching movies, computers, live music, church, rollercoasters, margaritas, San Francisco 49ers, statues (long, funny story), lilies, tattoos, vegetarianism, cats, dogs, and spending time with my friends and family. I have a real silly side and can giggle about something for hours. Oh, and like some of you, I am also addicted to smilies, but I'm trying to limit myself to one or less per post. :D
"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." - Dean Karnazes
booboolizzy

Postby Banditcat on August 17th, 2008, 12:26 pm

Hello, My name is Ann Marie, I am from Montana. I am a Stay-at-Home Mom with 3 kids (2,5 almost 6,and 8 ). Thank goodness school is starting soon! I love my kids very much, but for the sake of my sanity, they need to be out of the house for a few hours everyday! Along with my 3 children I have a loving Husband (that doesn't get as much computer time now that I have discovered the web), 4 cats, 3 frogs, 2 dogs, and a 45 gallon fish tank full of fish! I have always loved animals and if I could I would have others, but our house (and my Husband) can only take so much. One of my fav things is to take the dogs for a 2 mile walk in the evening. I have lost 10 pounds since I started doing that. It's also nice to let my Husband spend time with the kids while I go. He works 12 hour shifts at the hospital as a respitory theropist and doesn't get much time with them.
I am happy to have found this site and look foward to visits and posting!
Banditcat

Postby Denise on August 17th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Banditcat, how'd you get started with Lynsay?
Denise

Postby wren on August 19th, 2008, 4:15 am

Welcome to all of you to the best forum anywhere! We love making new friends!Image

Image Yes!! Thankfully, there are now others almost as chatty as me!
I have been known to post essays...Image...very long essays!lol

wren (aka Renee aka W2ofAE4 for the newbies)
wren

Postby shaashaine on August 19th, 2008, 4:36 pm

Welcome everyone!
and truth be told....we are all chatty in our own way :D
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Postby Banditcat on August 19th, 2008, 7:52 pm

I got started reading her books when we were moving. It was last Feb. and there was a few days that the kids and I stayed with my parents. I always like to either read books or crochet when I'm there and since everything was packed up I decided to pick up a few books at a Wal-Mart we stopped at. I saw The Accidental Vampire and giggled. I read the back of the book and thought that the story sounded interesting so I got it. When I sat down and started reading it and relized it was a romance ( I had not seen that when I bought it :oops: ) I wasn't sure I would like it . I was NOT a romance girl, I like scifi and mysteries! But I got caught up in the story ( I giggled a lot! :lol: ). Before I knew it I had read the whole book and wanted more. First chance I got I went to a book store and grab some more of the books. I read all of the Argeneau series and I am excited for the next one!!
Banditcat

Postby Goodhoney on August 19th, 2008, 8:29 pm

I my name is Misty and my husband started calling me Goodhoney right after we started dating nearly nine years ago and the name has become my trademark so to speak. I've been married eight years and have no children I have one dog which is my baby and her name is Cleopatra. I have been reading since i was a young child and couldnt imagine never being able to pick up another book and losing myself in the the world the author created. I also love to write my own romances which I havent published yet but maybe someday i'll get brave enough to put my self out there. I have several authors that are within my five top favorites and Lynsay Sands is amoung that list; i love the humour she brings to the vampire world and trust me after reading a serious christine feehan lynsay's books bring me back to the light and makes me laugh. I also have most of her historicals which are great as well and i look forward to all her future books that are sure to come my way.
Goodhoney

Postby thaliazander on September 6th, 2008, 2:16 pm

Hi!! I'm awful about these things so I'm sorry! Anyway, I got hooked on Lynsays Argeneau series after my sister left her copy of Bite me if you can, at my house. I picked it up out of the need to escape reality for a while and just fell in love! I spent the next few weeks scouring around to find everything I could! Happy to say I am in fact caught up, and Im so happy that it's finally September so I can get my hands on Rouge!! :D
About me? I love to read. I don't do it as much as I'd like to anymore. I have two children who make it pretty hard!! 4 and 6 year olds! I really do love chatting on boards. I belong to a few. I actually moderate on one. So between that and working overnights and kids, my reading has slipped big time. I do hope to get to know my fellow Lynsay lovers though! I have been recommending her books on other threads! :D
Veni, Vidi, Velcro- I came, I saw, I stuck around.
thaliazander

PreviousNext

Return to Getting to know you questions