Quirky questions

Re: Quirky questions

Postby MysticFan on January 15th, 2011, 11:33 pm

tkw5002 wrote:Thanks Mystic! I think I got it fixed now. At least I hope :)

Yayyy! you got it fixed... I see it! :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby TomEC on January 15th, 2011, 11:41 pm

Hay tkw5002, Nice eye. Is that yours?
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby tkw5002 on January 16th, 2011, 9:57 am

Thanks guys!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!! I got it fixed!!!!!! Woot woot!!!!! Thomas, no, unfortunately it's not my eye, but I wish it was! I thought it was really pretty!!!!!! I do have blue eyes though!!!!! ;)
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby Goober on January 16th, 2011, 12:42 pm

aww yay! I'm glad you got it fixed, it's cute :)
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby tkw5002 on January 16th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Thank ya thank ya!!!! I like yours to!!!!! RAR!!!!! :D
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby Denise on January 20th, 2011, 12:01 am

........and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.... ;)
For any newbies, here's the list again. Just copy and paste to a new post. We look forward to hearing from you.

1) Favourite animal and why?
2) Least favourite animal and why?
3) Favourite food?
4) Favourite person?
5) Favourite word?
6) Favourite Lynsay Sands book?
7) Name of the street you live on?
8) Favourite country other than the one you live in?
9) Your real or imaginary pet’s name?
10) Coffee or tea? Black or not?
11) Favourite time of the day?
12) Favourite TV/movie character?
13) Favourite cartoon? (on TV or in the paper)
14) Your ideal vacation?
15) Your idea of the worst vacation?
16) What is 42?
17) If you were a bug, what would you be?
18) Tinkerbell or Tonto?
19) Can you fly?
20) What colour would you make the grass?
21) Is you could bring back one extinct animal, what would you choose?
22) If you could have one incredible ability (x-ray vision, mind control, levitation, flying, bending metal, invisibility) what would it be and what would be the first thing you’d do with it.
23) If you could be anyone for a day, whom would you choose?
24) If you could see anything on your porch/in your backyard, what would you like to see? (a tree, Austin Powers, an elephant, the circus, tower of Piza)
25) If you got a gorgeous pair of heels, boots, dress shoes, etc., what colour would they be?
Denise

Postby Mina C. Lobo on May 21st, 2011, 7:37 pm

1) Favourite animal and why? Doggie-woggies.

2) Least favourite animal and why? Slugs/leeches are pretty dang gross, yo.

3) Favourite food? Probably pizza.

4) Favourite person? ::mind goes blank::

5) Favourite word? Groovy.

6) Favourite Lynsay Sands book? So far, LOVE BITES.

7) Name of the street you live on? Fifth Avenue.

8) Favourite country other than the one you live in? England.

9) Your real or imaginary pet’s name? When I actually live somewhere I can *have* doggies, I plan to name them after fictional characters (for example, I want a Siberian Husky and plan to name him "Kostya," short for Konstantin, from Anna Karenina).

10) Coffee or tea? Black or not? Coffee w/half and half.

11) Favourite time of the day? The hour or so leading up to/including sunset always feels magical and full of promise to me...

12) Favourite TV/movie character? Hmmm...for some reason the only one to spring to mind at the moment is Mr. Bean. Oooh, oooh - or Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy! Or Jeremy Northam's Mr. Knightley! Or Alan Rickman's Col. Brandon! 8-)

13) Favourite cartoon? (on TV or in the paper) Futurama.

14) Your ideal vacation? Exploring a historical city and its culture.

15) Your idea of the worst vacation? Having to seriously "rough it." Blah.

16) What is 42? I'm pretty sure all the hoopy froods on this message board don't need *me* to tell 'em - y'all know where your towels are. ;)

17) If you were a bug, what would you be? Lightning bug, maybe?

18) Tinkerbell or Tonto? Tonto. (Cos he's hot. *Woof*)

19) Can you fly? With or without medication???

20) What colour would you make the grass? Like, I dunno...teal?

21) Is you could bring back one extinct animal, what would you choose? ::mind resembles dry-erase board::

22) If you could have one incredible ability (x-ray vision, mind control, levitation, flying, bending metal, invisibility) what would it be and what would be the first thing you’d do with it. I'd like the ability to eat whatever I want and still have an hourglass figure. But if I have to choose from the list, I reckon I'd go with invisibility so I could stay under folks' radar.

23) If you could be anyone for a day, whom would you choose? I dig who I am, but I wouldn't mind having Oprah's money. Just sayin'.

24) If you could see anything on your porch/in your backyard, what would you like to see? (a tree, Austin Powers, an elephant, the circus, tower of Piza) The Atlantic Ocean (cos I want a beach house, baby).

25) If you got a gorgeous pair of heels, boots, dress shoes, etc., what colour would they be? Red.
I'm hungry like the...well, you get the picture.
Mina C. Lobo

Postby lindithium on July 21st, 2011, 12:56 pm

1) Favourite animal and why? Horse. They are so beautiful, and powerful looking.
2) Least favourite animal and why? Possums. Those hideous faces they have
3) Favourite food? Chinese
4) Favourite person? My husband
5) Favourite word? Frak
6) Favourite Lynsay Sands book? Single White Vampire
7) Name of the street you live on? 15th
8) Favourite country other than the one you live in? UK
9) Your real or imaginary pet’s name? Apollo the dog, Kiko, Pepper, Sam, Max, and Jagger Jack the cats. Mama and Poppa for the hamsters.
10) Coffee or tea? Black or not? Coffee with cream and sweetener
11) Favourite time of the day? twilight
12) Favourite TV/movie character? TV Mike Rowe, favorite movie character Scarlett O'Hara
13) Favourite cartoon? (on TV or in the paper) Garfield
14) Your ideal vacation? Going to Ireland to see the castles, or to a place with clean oceans and white sandy beaches.
15) Your idea of the worst vacation? Theme park
16) What is 42? The answer to life the universe and everything.
17) If you were a bug, what would you be? Ladybug
18) Tinkerbell or Tonto? Tink
19) Can you fly? unfortunately no
20) What colour would you make the grass? blue I live in Texas and every Spring the Bluebonnets pop up making entire fields blue. It is soooo beautiful.
21) Is you could bring back one extinct animal, what would you choose? the Bali Tiger
22) If you could have one incredible ability (x-ray vision, mind control, levitation, flying, bending metal, invisibility) what would it be and what would be the first thing you’d do with it. Mind control. I would use it to make our governments do the right thing for a change.
23) If you could be anyone for a day, whom would you choose? Kiera Knightly
24) If you could see anything on your porch/in your backyard, what would you like to see? (a tree, Austin Powers, an elephant, the circus, tower of Piza) the Paris skyline at night.
25) If you got a gorgeous pair of heels, boots, dress shoes, etc., what colour would they be? black
No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit-Hellen Keller
lindithium

Postby dawnfire on July 28th, 2011, 9:14 am

1) Favourite animal and why?wolf because of the power and bunny because it's cute
2) Least favourite animal and why?spider because they are creepy
3) Favourite food? fried rice
4) Favourite person?tough my partner Jack and my boys
5) Favourite word?
6) Favourite Lynsay Sands book? A quick bite, it started me on this great journey
7) Name of the street you live on? Gardenia place. (my town has alot of plant names as street names. We have fir,beech,laurel.walnut.lime,elm and forest)
8) Favourite country other than the one you live in? Ireland or USA
9) Your real or imaginary pet’s name?no imaginary or live pets.
10) Coffee or tea? Black or not?prefrer coffee white. tea I'll drink any way
11) Favourite time of the day? later night (the kids are asleep and the house is quiet)
12) Favourite TV/movie character? Ivanova from babylon 5
13) Favourite cartoon? (on TV or in the paper) bugs bunny
14) Your ideal vacation? anywhere warm (winter here has been long and cold)
15) Your idea of the worst vacation? anywhere there's contant rain
16) What is 42? answer to the ultimate question to life,the universe and everything
17) If you were a bug, what would you be? lady bug
18) Tinkerbell or Tonto?tinkerbell
19) Can you fly? no without a plane :D
20) What colour would you make the grass? blue
21) Is you could bring back one extinct animal, what would you choose?something silly like a dodo
22) If you could have one incredible ability (x-ray vision, mind control, levitation, flying, bending metal, invisibility) what would it be and what would be the first thing you’d do with it. flying . my first thing I would do is fly over the peak hour traffic
23) If you could be anyone for a day, whom would you choose? queen
24) If you could see anything on your porch/in your backyard, what would you like to see? (a tree, Austin Powers, an elephant, the circus, tower of Piza) Sean Connery (hubby hubba)
25) If you got a gorgeous pair of heels, boots, dress shoes, etc., what colour would they be? black
dawnfire

Postby Shennee on June 24th, 2012, 9:14 pm

1) Favourite animal and why? DOG, because they love unconditionally and are affectionate
2) Least favourite animal and why? Snakes, because they're scale-y
3) Favourite food? A tie between pizza and pasta
4) Favourite person? Me and myself agree: I is our favorite person
5) Favourite word? Why settle for one?
6) Favourite Lynsay Sands book? The Accidental Vampire; so much fun, so much win!
7) Name of the street you live on? Manansala
8) Favourite country other than the one you live in? Italy
9) Your real or imaginary pet’s name? DOG; we couldn't agree on a name, so we chose... Dog. Like Pig, in Babe.
10) Coffee or tea? Black or not? Tea!!! I'd take coffee if its decaf and frou-frou
11) Favourite time of the day? sunset, with the sky tinted pink-orange
12) Favourite TV/movie character? Obi-Wan Kenobi
13) Favourite cartoon? (on TV or in the paper) Bleach; and no, this is not what you use for your whites.
14) Your ideal vacation? Food trip in a very temperate and cool country
15) Your idea of the worst vacation? Anywhere muddy and anywhere too hot and sunny because I live in a tropical country where we only have two seasons: summer and monsoon
16) What is 42? Everything!
17) If you were a bug, what would you be? Do fireflies count?
18) Tinkerbell or Tonto? Tinkerbell, coz she GLOWS
19) Can you fly? I'm a very grounded person...
20) What colour would you make the grass? a very bright pink
21) Is you could bring back one extinct animal, what would you choose? A chivalrous man (at least where I come from they're hard to find)
22) If you could have one incredible ability (x-ray vision, mind control, levitation, flying, bending metal, invisibility) what would it be and what would be the first thing you’d do with it. Teleportation; then I'd go around the world without having to ride a plane! Plus it'll be great to not commute to work for once. HOWEVER since you gave options, I'd take mind control, for the only reason that its the least I don't like. I'm not sure if I'd plan on using it though. It'll be great to have the option for emergencies. But it would be nice to be like a Jedi or an Immortal and have the mind whammy...
23) If you could be anyone for a day, whom would you choose? If I became someone for a day, do I get his/her abilities or what makes him/her special (i.e, money) AFTER I'm myself again?
24) If you could see anything on your porch/in your backyard, what would you like to see? (a tree, Austin Powers, an elephant, the circus, tower of Piza) A tree; hopefully a fruit-bearing one. Any of the rest would get me in trouble with the local and foreign authorities - I mean if I had the leaning tower of Piza that could cause a diplomatic incident! How would I explain that I didn't steal it?
25) If you got a gorgeous pair of heels, boots, dress shoes, etc., what colour would they be? RED
Shennee

PreviousNext

Return to Getting to know you questions