Questions for LS can be found here

Questions for LS can be found here

Postby love2read on July 30th, 2008, 1:38 am

Lynsay,

I wanted to ask you how long were you thinking about being a writer, or did you just decide on impulse to write a book because you couldn't find anything you liked? ( i read an interview once and i was wondering if it was impulse)
love2read

Re: Questions for LS can be found here

Postby lisa on August 16th, 2008, 9:26 pm

Lynsay I have seen on other websites that some authors options on series to turn them into movie/tv series. Is there any chance that will occur to our fav fanged family? It probably is a thrill to think of seeing your characters come to "life" but I have never seen a tv/movie that matched the book. It would mean letting go of your characters to the whims of a director, and I think that your books are perfect just the way they are. Your sense of humor is hilarious and I dont think they would leave it alone to shine on screen the way it does in your writing. That being said, I would definity watch any and all of your work that happens to be translated into the screen.I am one of your biggest fans and have enjoyed the game on the old forum that was trying to match the current actors to portray your wonderful whacky family and their friends. Thank you for all your hard work!!! :D
lisa

Postby Denise on August 17th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Okay, peeps, I took the initiative to post your questions in their own topic. I think this part of the forum will be much easier to manage if each question is in it's own thread. It would become difficult to find answers if everything is burried in one thread. Hoping no one will take offense. If you want, go ahead and start your own thread topic with your question and I'll delete the ones I made, no problem. Just trying to make things easier down the road.... :mrgreen:
Denise

Postby Mr Spice on August 18th, 2008, 9:32 pm

Denise wrote: I think this part of the forum will be much easier to manage if each question is in it's own thread. It would become difficult to find answers if everything is burried in one thread.

If the questions are something that can only be answered by Lynsay then she's said she would rather have them all in one place. If they are general questions about books, characters, etc then they can go in the appropriate thread where anyone can answer them.

If the specific questions for Lynsay are spread around all over the forum she simply won't see them and therefore they probably won't get answered. If they're in one place she has a chance of seeing them and dealing with them at one sitting.

Dave
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby aggru on September 24th, 2008, 12:11 pm

hello, I'm having problems to friend Lynsay in MySpace, how I do it correctly??
aggru

Postby Lynsay on September 24th, 2008, 12:43 pm

Well hell, even with them all in one place I didn't see them until now. I had no idea this was even here. I always hit view new posts when I come on and this has never popped up. Must mean it only posts the last half a dozen newest posts or something. Makes me think I've missed a lot by not checking every day. Hopefully, once this book is done I can come more often.

Love2read, I didn't really choose writing, it kind of chose me. I've just always done it. From the minute they started assigning writing in school english classes and I wrote my first story its just gone from there. As a teen I used to write in the closet, literally. When my sister moved off to University, I got her room and my father built a wall length closet in front of the tiny, original closet under the stairs (It was an old house.) Well, they used to bug me about getting out and going places when they caught me writing. So I moved a very small table, a lamp and a chair into the tiny space and wrote in the closet under the stairs with both closet doors closed. They couldnt' find me to interrupt me and I could write in peace (grin) Of course, that wasn't the only place I wrote, I wrote on the cliffs at our cottage, on buses, planes, in coffee shops. It's what I do. I write.

However, the first book that I wrote and got published (The second book I sent in) was written a year after my mother's death. That one was written because I needed to laugh. I was tired of being depressed and weeping over her loss, went looking for something to make me smile and when I couldn't find anything, thought "screw it! i'll write my own. And I did. I sat down and wrote The Deed.

Hope that answers your question
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Lynsay on September 24th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Thank you Lisa, glad you're enjoying them.

As for a tv or movie option . . . who knows. I'd let them give it a go and then probably cringe afterward, lol, but I've been told they don't have enough explosions and car chases to be translated to film, that they're too character driven. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Lynsay on September 24th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Misha honey (aggru) Dave is the one who handles the myspace stuff. He'll have to answer this one for you. Sorry, but I'm a techno-idiot. Didn't used to be, but my brain is so crammed with stories anymore there's no room for more technical stuff.

Hugs
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby aggru on September 24th, 2008, 5:37 pm

so then Dave resoved it, was very confusing, but it's resolved now, how I miss our chats.
hugs
Marisa
aggru

Re: Question from a newbie!

Postby Mr Spice on March 4th, 2009, 7:46 pm

anji4062 wrote:Hey Lynsay,

I was just wondering. Have you ever thought about having your books made into audio books?

Hi Angie,

That's something which is down to the publisher and they will only do it if they think that there will be sufficient sales to make it worthwhile. I don't know if Lynsay's sales figures would merit the audiobook treatment.

On a slightly different, but related subject, I have tried to persuade Lynsay to consider podcasting as a way of promoting her books. I've suggested having her reading sample chapters, doing real interviews and other such stuff and I do have the necessary equipment to produce broadcast quality audio. My only problem is overcoming her reluctance to commit her voice to tape. It's a little like early photography and the response of savages to being photographed - I suspect she thinks it's stealing her soul.

Any suggestions for changing her mind?
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Next

Return to FAQs