How did you two decide on Canada as home?

How did you two decide on Canada as home?

Postby Denise on August 19th, 2008, 2:09 pm

I know Dave is from England, so what made you agree on Canada?
Denise

Re: How did you two decide on Canada as home?

Postby Lynsay on December 16th, 2008, 1:44 pm

I'm so sorry, Denise. Once again, I didn't think to check here and it didn't pop up in new posts.

Anyway, I went to England for two years. However, I am close to my family and missed them. I also kind of missed the sun. England seems to live under a perpetual cloud, kind of like that cartoon character. . . hmm, can't think of the name, but I can picture the image in my head of the guy with the cloud following him around. Anyhow, between the two things I just wasn't very happy there and wanted to come home. Mr. Spice's company was folding shop and moving to another town so he said, "Well, I know you aren't happy here. I can look for a new job here, or we can go to Canada and I can look for a new job there. Which shall it be?" So here we are. . . Funny thing is, I used to visit my gran every week, I mean a full afternoon at her place every week before England, lunch and then the afternoon and I'd leave at dinnertime. That was one of the things I missed. But once we got back, I was so busy with deadline after deadline I still didn't get to see her like I used to. Life is one big ball of irony sometimes.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby love2read on December 16th, 2008, 2:50 pm

I vistied Canada about 6 years ago. It was a family vacation to Nigara Falls. I recommend it as a great place to go if your ever in the mood to travel. I had a great time up there it was so beautiful and i even a saw one of those double decker tour buses, it has a great shops and gardens and reaturants. the Falls were so amazing and there is this revolving resurant in the sky. you get in a elevator to get to the top of the building and the seating area slowly revolves giving you a great view of the Falls and the rest of the land. There was this main street that had haunted houses and a guinness world record museum ( loved the musem it was so cool!) I a wonderful time. oh and i just remembered at night they light up the Falls with these different colored light, read and green and it was so pretty!!! :D
love2read

Postby sin on December 16th, 2008, 11:11 pm

love2read you are correct. Last year in May we went there for our Anniversary. Went to the Skylon Tower. It was a breath-taking view. The fire works at night were awesome. Our hotel was in walking distance from the falls. I bought a bag of Maple Kisses. I had maybe 4 out of the bag. Hubby ate the rest. Need to go back just to get another bag. *grins* We do plan to go back in a couple of years. We were not able to visit Clifton Hill for the attractions there. Maybe next time. *sigh* It will come after our Pairs & England trip in 2010.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Denise on December 18th, 2008, 2:43 am

Lynsay wrote:I'm so sorry, Denise. Once again, I didn't think to check here and it didn't pop up in new posts.
Lynsay

That's quite all right. I was in no hurry and knew you'd find it eventually. Thanks for the answer.
Denise

Return to FAQs