I am new to Lynsay Sand's Books...Help!

I am new to Lynsay Sand's Books...Help!

Postby lakinslow on October 2nd, 2014, 12:51 pm

Hello,

I have never read a Lynsay Sands book <gasp>...I know, I know. I found this site after I kept running into this common phrase, "If you like......you will love Lindsay Sands." So, I have been online researching different Lynsay Sands books, but can't seem to narrow down which one I want to read first (or should read first). So, I am asking for some help from those of you who love her books. What book should I read first that will absolutely get me hooked?

Thank you in advance :)

Laura
lakinslow

Re: I am new to Lynsay Sand's Books...Help!

Postby susan60625 on October 14th, 2014, 6:43 pm

Welcome lakinslow!

Well you have definitely found the right place to get the answer to that question! However, before I answer the question, I need to explain something to you.

My explanation concerns the length of time it took for you question to even appear on the forum. Unfortunately, because you are new to the forum, you postings have to be moderated. This is standard for your first 10-20 postings. This policy was implemented to prevent spam and advertisements from showing up. The postings are moderated by one of the two site administrators, either Lynsay (yes, Herself) or her sister/assistant, Terri. However, when they get busy, they don’t always get around to approving postings on a consistent basis. But, stick with it and your postings will all show up eventually.

Now, in order to answer your question, I have to ask you one. What kind of books are you looking for – Historical Romances or Paranormal Romances? Which ever you choose, you will find it to contain Lynsay’s trademark sense of humor!

If you are looking for Paranormal romance, you can’t beat her Argeneau Vampire series. This series is based on a vampire family named the Argeneau’s. This series has 20 books currently released with the next due out in February, 2015. You should start this book with the first book chronologically, A Quick Bite. The premise for this book starts with a vampire who faints at the sight of blood. After two hundred years of this, her mother decides to remedy this situation. How does she do this? She kidnaps a psychologist who specializes in the treatment of fears and phobias! Of course, it doesn’t hurt that he’s smoking hot!

Now, if you’re interested in Historical Romances, Lynsay’s “hysterical historicals” don’t come in a single series. There are several short series and many single books. My recommendation is that you start with her Highlander series. The first book in that series is Devil of the Highlands. This book starts with Evelinde’s truly evil stepmother marrying her off to a man with an absolutely horrible reputation – The Devil of Donnachaidh! Of course, names can be deceiving, or so Evelinde hopes!

I hope these suggestions help. However, any book you pick up by Lynsay (and I have read them all!) will be an enjoyable experience for you. Then, once you have read it, come back and give us your opinion. We always love to hear what new people think!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Return to Everything Else