everything else topic

Re: everything else topic

Postby lynnzerben on December 14th, 2009, 5:47 am

Okay hope this is the right place to post this. So here's the insanity that is my life right now. On Dec 19,2009 I am planing on finally graduating college (it's taken me 5 and a half years to get here). The only thing in my way right now are the two finals that are both on Dec. 15, one is at 8am :cry: . I have to get a B in both these classes or no graduation for me. I am completely freaking out right now!!!!! I have to let off some steam and rant about this to someone or I going to explode!!

The two classes my future depends on are International Film History and Film Theory. Guess my major. I haven't been on the board lately because I've been writing my papers for these classes. My first paper was a Postmodern analysis on the Emperor's New Groove. The other paper was about the cultural impact of Jaws. Yes those really were my paper topics. Over the course of my college career I've written about Robocop, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and even one about how Sci Fi movies reflect the fears of society. While doing the research for these was fun, I absolutely suck at writing essays. So writing essays is a form of torture for me.

I won't know what grade I got on my papers until after the finals :cry: . I have my grandmother calling me wanting to know if their five and a half year investment into my future will at long last come to a head and should they or should they not get hotel reservations? I honestly don't know. When midterms came around I got a B on one and a D on the other. Both of my professors I've had before and like me as a person and know about this crazy mess I'm in. But I'm still freaking out.

Sorry if this went to long, but as I said, I need to get this off my chest and if I posted this on facebook it would worry my family. Thanks for listening, send me your good thoughts and prayers.
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

Postby lynnzerben on December 14th, 2009, 5:55 am

PS Thanks to those who wished me a happy B-day. I spent it staring at my computer screen resisting the urge to rip out my hair. After finals a friend and I are going out to a bar dressed in our Renaissance Fair outfits. I'm pretty sure I've finally lost it and gone crazy but I'll have fun none the less.
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

Postby Denise on December 15th, 2009, 3:06 am

Rant away any time you like. We all need to from time to time. I'll even send a few prayers up for you that you'll be able to concentrate and excel while studying for and taking these important tests. You can do it!
Denise

Postby wren on December 15th, 2009, 10:15 am

I also will pray for you, lynnzerben! I remember how hectic and uncertain things were close to graduation in college! It will all work out! Feel free to call on us for any 'ranting support'...we even have a thread called 'having a bad day' so we all share when we need each other! {{hugs}} You are going to do well! :)
wren

Postby lynnzerben on December 16th, 2009, 10:55 pm

Thanks guys. Finals went well and when I finished my last one I got in the car and cried. I was just so overwhelmed and a little bit in shock (and flying on 4 hours of sleep). Because of my ADD college has been soooooo hard for me and at times it seemed like this wouldn't happen. After I calmed down, I finally gave into temptation and read the first 6 chapters of Tiny's story. OMG can't wait till i can read the whole thing!

Today all the stress of the last couple of weeks finally caught up with me. My throat hurts, I'm sneezing, coughing, and have absolutely no energy. At least it waited until the day after the finals to strike. Hopefully I'll feel better by the 19th, but even if I don't it doesn't matter because I am walking across that dam stage.

Thanks again.
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

Postby Denise on December 18th, 2009, 6:51 pm

You made it through, Lynn! Take extra vitamin C and drink lots of fruit juice and water. Glad it's all over, now.
Denise

Previous

Return to Everything Else