Top 5 Monkeys (LOL!!)

Top 5 Monkeys (LOL!!)

Postby MsKitty on June 17th, 2009, 5:42 am

Sorry!! With all the monkey talk & the suggestion to have a Top 5 Monkeys... Couldn't help myself!!

1. Swingin' King Louie (The Jungle Book) I just LOVE that he skip ropes with his arms!!
2. Wally Walpamur (Dodgy Paint ad here in Aus - very funny!)
3. Bear from TV show 'BJ McKay & his best friend Bear' - cute truckie who drives around with a chimp or an urangatan...
4. Ape from 'George Of The Jungle' ... Mostly because Brendan Fraser wears a loin cloth - but Ape is funny!
5. Curious George - Coz my 3yo likes him!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Re: Top 5 Monkeys (LOL!!)

Postby Mr Spice on June 17th, 2009, 9:32 am

I'd have to go with...

Cheetah - from the old TV Tarzan series - the one with with Johnny Weissmuller and not that weird French Canadian/Mexican co-production that airs on some cable channels late at night.

Urco - from Planet of the Apes. Again, I'm choosing from Roddy McDowell version rather than the later re-make.

Dr Zira - - The nice lady ape from Planet of the Apes.

Cheeky Monkey - I don't really know his name but he's the puppet Craig Ferguson sometimes uses to open the first segment of The Late Late Show.

Monkey - The lead character in a very bizarre, but highly enjoyable Japanese series, dubbed into English, based on a Chinese legend, about a journey from China to India to fetch some holy scriptures that would save the world and which was shown on British TV in the late 70's. DId you get that?

Nice call on KIng Louie, Kat. The world needs more jazz singing apes.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby MsKitty on June 18th, 2009, 12:07 am

Nice Top 5 Mr. Spice!! I forgot about 'Monkey', used to watch that show on ABC!! I believe that there is still debate about whether Tripitaka is male or female!! (I believe female... I'm pretty sure Monkey got an eyeful of boosies in the last ep??)
MsKitty

Postby Mr Spice on June 18th, 2009, 10:01 am

I recently looked at getting the Monkey series on DVD. I've done that with a few things I used to watch on British TV when I was growing up - The Avengers (the TV series, not the awful film), The Flashing Blade, the original version of Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased), The Clangers (awesome kids programme) and the wonderful, inaginative and very funny Catweazle (the story of an inept 11th century wizard who inadvertently travelled through time to the present day - or the present day as it was back in 1970). But not Skippy, though. Once you get the Skippy theme tune in your head it won't leave for days.
"A heavy snowfall,

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Denise on June 18th, 2009, 4:47 pm

Okay, here goes....

5)Clyde the orangutan (wasn't that the name) from "Every Which Way But Loose"
4)Monkey from "The Monkey's Uncle"
3)Gilligan's monkey friend on Gilligan's Island
2)Joe from "Mighty Joe Young"
1)Bonzo from "Bedtime for Bonzo" - loved that movie
Denise

Postby MsKitty on June 18th, 2009, 6:06 pm

Nice list Denise!! I forgot about Clyde!!

Oh I loved watching Catweazle Mr.Spice!! Did you ever watch Worzil Gummidge (not sure of the spelling sorry!) I'm pretty sure he was a scarecrow?
MsKitty

Postby Mr Spice on June 18th, 2009, 6:43 pm

MsKitty wrote:Nice list Denise!! I forgot about Clyde!!

Oh I loved watching Catweazle Mr.Spice!! Did you ever watch Worzil Gummidge (not sure of the spelling sorry!) I'm pretty sure he was a scarecrow?

Great list, Denise, and one which proves that there is a lot more monkey business around than might be first imagined.

I watched a few Worzel Gummidge's but it was really the wrong time for me - 1979 was when the series started in the UK and that was when I was at the height of my 'wild' period and television wasn't high on my list of my priorities...
"A heavy snowfall,

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby MsKitty on June 19th, 2009, 7:47 pm

In 1979 the wildest I got was prob pretending to be a monkey up whichever tree I climbed.. or a bird... or a crocodile! When we were watering the vines, my brother & I would crawl on our bellys through the muddy furrows all around the block!! Great fun unless you found a prickle!
MsKitty

Return to Everything Else