eBooks - What does everyone think of them??

eBooks - What does everyone think of them??

Postby MsKitty on July 9th, 2009, 7:12 am

Hello Fellow SA's!!

I'm interested in finding out MORE about these contraptions (ANd if it comes in PINK - Of course I'm getting one Wren!! :lol: ).... & was happy to see that our fave books are available to be downloaded!! :D

I guess if you had one it would save trees & stop people from borrowing books (you bewdy!!) & I know how my book collection is growing (madly) so it would save space... & if your house was on fire it's easy to grab one 'book ' instead of dragging out the whole bookcase...

But I can't help but think I'd miss the smell of the book, turning new pages, my 9 yo book mark that is tattered & falling apart but I love it.... but I didn't want an iPod either & since Pete bought me one... there's not a day that I don't use it!!

Anyway, please let me know you're thoughts!!

Thanks Kat =^..^= xx
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Re: eBooks - What does everyone think of them??

Postby Caragh on July 9th, 2009, 12:11 pm

It would be interesting to see what people say about them. Personally, I can't imagine not picking up a book the old fashioned way but you never know. :-)
~Caragh~
Caragh

Postby MsKitty on July 10th, 2009, 7:26 am

I agree Caragh!!

But then I refused to get an iPod for the longest time... my husband bought me one for my birthday & I've been hooked ever since - downloading music is so much easier & I now have a mountian of CD's that are just collecting dust!!

I'm really looking forward to hearing what my friend thinks of hers.... will let you know!!
MsKitty

Postby Mabel48 on July 22nd, 2009, 6:32 pm

I wasn't sure how I would like it but now that I have an ebook reader I love it. More than once I've gotten so involved in what I was reading that I caught myself reaching up to the top of the 'page' to turn it.
Audio books are great too but it all depends on the person 'reading' it . I have a 45 min. drive home from work and I've been going thur the Amelia Peabody mysteries series. Some of the same books have been recorded by two different women. The one is great!! It's almost like what listening to what an old time radio shows must have been like. ;)
The other one 'reading' the same book would put me to sleep :cry:
I've listened to some of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter books too. It took a little getting use to because they didn't sound like what I had imagined. It sure makes that ride home quicker :shock:
Mabel48
Mabel48

Postby MsKitty on July 24th, 2009, 4:28 am

Thanks Mabel!!

*giggles* I would probably try & turn the page too!!

I don't think Audiobooks would work in my car... my 3yo is very specific about what we listen too!! (lol!!) & I think I have mentioned before that I would probably loose concerntration & run up the back of someone...

'No Officer... I haven't been drinking.... It wasn't my fault... It was Bastien & the trifle.... What do you MEAN drug test??"
MsKitty

Postby ~Linda~ on July 25th, 2009, 4:00 pm

Nope I like having a book in my hands. I have tried to read on the computer screen but it gives me a headache.
So I dont think they are for me.
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby JM_Luna on September 27th, 2009, 8:17 pm

I have some on my laptop but their inconvinient as I don't want to carry my a laptop everywhere and while it is portable it is still a bit bulky. I know some of these new small portable sony thigs are ut for ebooks but I'll buy one when it costs less than a laptop. It will be great when we use less paper.
JM_Luna

Postby sin on September 27th, 2009, 10:42 pm

I have them on a flash drive..That way when we go out of town I can read them if I forget to bring the books..no torn pages..:)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Mr Spice on September 28th, 2009, 9:58 am

I can't say I'm really a fan of the idea of an electronic book reader. It's the easiest thing in the world to stick a book in your pocket when you're travelling, With a book reader there's yet another electronic deice to pack, along with the power adaptor and it's cord and the cords for the computer, phone, music player and whatever else needs to be recharged at some point during the trip. Maybe if manufacturers of electronic devices actually used some common sense and made a single common adaptor that can be used with any type of unit then I might be a bit more amenable to the idea. The idea that my hand luggage has to contain yet another power cord to add to the mess of electronic spaghetti that I'm already carrying around is a definte turn off for me.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Denise on September 28th, 2009, 2:10 pm

Mr Spice wrote:Maybe if manufacturers of electronic devices actually used some common sense and made a single common adaptor that can be used with any type of unit then I might be a bit more amenable to the idea. The idea that my hand luggage has to contain yet another power cord to add to the mess of electronic spaghetti that I'm already carrying around is a definte turn off for me.

My sentiments, exactly. We have one bag that contains all the electronic accessories that we need to travel with. It goes everywhere with us.
Denise

Next

Return to Everything Else