Move over Edward.... Helllooo Argeneau men!

Re: Move over Edward.... Helllooo Argeneau men!

Postby Jewelz on September 15th, 2010, 1:55 am

She's just a little bit naughty! But hey, I like her. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby wren on September 15th, 2010, 4:06 am

I must say, Lynsay, I wasn't too keen on the idea of a possible spin-off into YA books from our beloved Argeneaus...but I do like our naughty Stephanie, too! :lol: Stephanie would be a wicked teen heroine, especially with her special skills, and I mean that in the best way! I guess I just wanted to keep her within the Argeneau series, but she will always have that "tie" to Dani, and be able to come in & out of the adult stories, if you & your editor decide to go for the spin-off. The teasing excerpt is great...I hope your editor keeps it in the book! :D

What I don't care for in Twilight (granted I've only read the first book & I haven't watched the movies) is that the love story and the hero/heroine are so "sappy." (No offense to any Twilighters here on the forum! Thing 2, my younger son, evaluated it the same & I had not told him my opinion, because I wanted to see what he had to say first...he has read the entire series & says Eclipse is the best of the saga. I've had various opinions from different teenagers and some adults about the Twilight Saga, with the only agreement being that it's a "love story." There was no agreement on the "paranormal" characters of the stories...everyone is vehement about their opinions regarding that aspect of the books, regardless of their ages! :) )

Something tells me I'm going to love Drina & Stephanie and The Reluctant Vampire...now I'm wondering about the title of the book...just who is the reluctant vampire? Could it be Harper, after his recent tragedy of losing Jenny during the turn...or is it Drina, the Spanish cousin come to Port Henry? Inquiring wrens want to know! *grin*

Denise wrote:Agreed, Mrs. W. And even though I have enjoyed the movies, I'm not that much into ogling youngsters like the guy playing Jacob, even though he does have a mighty fine physique. Give me a man over 35 with a bod like that and I'll admire much more!

tkw5002 wrote:I agree with you Denise!!!!! I love how all of the teeny boppers think Jacob is the "****" because of his body. The plot of the movie is totally forgotten when he takes off his shirt. Blah! LOL, I'd rather imaging Lucian's fine physique!!!! ;)

Ditto, ladies...I'm too ancient to ogle young actors playing characters around the same ages as my sons...well, technically, Edward is over 100yo, but he is perpetually stuck at 17, kwim? I do remember my "teen idol" crushes & the posters I had on my teen bedroom walls, but I will not mention their names, as many of our younger Immortals either wouldn't recognize them or would think "ewwww!" :lol: ;)
wren

Postby jill on September 15th, 2010, 5:53 am

tkw5002 wrote:
I agree with you Denise!!!!! I love how all of the teeny boppers think Jacob is the "****" because of his body. The plot of the movie is totally forgotten when he takes off his shirt. Blah! LOL, I'd rather imaging Lucian's fine physique!!!!

Hmmmm Sin would agree lol....for my part I love the Twighlight books I will put that out there for all ya to make fun of ;) but I don't even compare them to my first love Lucern.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby wren on September 15th, 2010, 6:31 am

jill wrote:
tkw5002 wrote:
I agree with you Denise!!!!! I love how all of the teeny boppers think Jacob is the "****" because of his body. The plot of the movie is totally forgotten when he takes off his shirt. Blah! LOL, I'd rather imaging Lucian's fine physique!!!!

Hmmmm Sin would agree lol....for my part I love the Twighlight books I will put that out there for all ya to make fun of ;) but I don't even compare them to my first love Lucern.

little sis, we have several Twilight fans on our forum...so you are not alone!
wren

Postby sin on September 15th, 2010, 11:55 am

Lynsay wrote:
sin wrote:Lynsay you are just wicked..bawhahahahaha I can just picture it already in my mind. If Steph is anything link how she was in BBC then look out Port Henry..**evil cackle**

Stephanie is WORSE than she was in BBC and much better at the same time. My agent is reading The Reluctant Vampire now and says she loves Stephanie. I think you guys will too. And because I'm a horrible tease, I'm going to quote a bit of the book, just a tiny bit so you can see for yourselves what's in store with Stephanie
I'll set the scene for you. Stephanie, Drina and the hero are heading to walmart to pick up some more winter worthy clothing for Drina and Stephanie. This stories follows on the heel of BBC and if you'll recall Stephanie was taken in the clothes on her back, which were switched for joggers. Tiny has since picked her up a bomber jacket but it's too big. Anyway, they're driving to Walmart and Stephanie has been asking Drina questions about being a rogue hunter in Spain and it led to this... OH! And Stephanie can read Drina and everyone else.

“Have you bitten mortals?” Stephanie asked curiously.

“Of course,” she said stiffly. “I was born long before there were blood banks.”

“But since blood banks have you bitten them?” Stephanie persisted.

Drina grimaced, but reluctantly admitted, “Only consenting adults.”

Stephanie’s eyes widened and then she squealed, “She means during sex.”

Drina blinked. That hadn’t been what she’d meant at all. She’d been thinking of the occasional formal dinners at the homes of council higher ups, which sometimes included willing bitees for the guests to feed on. It was something she wasn’t very comfortable with anymore, but was expected to participate in when forced to attend…and Stephanie should know that. She could read her mind. And she’d read it earlier so knew it had been eons since she’d bothered with sex. Drina eyed Stephanie quizzically wondering what the girl was up to.

“I don’t know why everyone thinks it’s so hot to get naked and sweaty and sink their teeth into each other,” Stephanie was saying with disgust, and then she glanced at Harper and said, “I mean, imagine you were alone with Drina getting busy. You’re both naked and hot and she crawls onto your lap, her naked boobs jiggling in your face…Would you really want to plunge your fangs into them?”

“Er…”

Drina swung her gaze to the rear-view mirror to see that Harper looked quite overset. His face was flushed, his eyes glazed, and then he suddenly swung the steering wheel and brought the car to a halt with a jerk.

“We’re here,” Harper choked out, practically throwing himself out of the vehicle and slamming the door with a resounding thud.

“You little devil,” Drina muttered watching Harper stagger toward the store.

“Yeah, I’m good,” Stephanie said with a grin. “Now he’s thinking of having sex with you.”

Drina turned her gaze to the girl, eyeing her thoughtfully. “You’re kind of evil.”

Stephanie took it as a compliment and grinned as she got out of the car.

Shaking her head, Drina followed.

I should mention this is unedited and untouched by the editor. It could even be cut out if she chooses, but it gives you an idea of how Stephanie is doing. (grin) I really think you guys will like her.

Lynsay

Oh My Stars Lynsay... I was laughing so hard I was crying. I love Stephanie.. Glad you shared this tidbit with us.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby tkw5002 on September 15th, 2010, 12:51 pm

OMG, I love it!!!!!! I love how Stephanie has such a "sassy side"!!!!! Oh I can't wait to read the book!!!!!!! I hope this portion stays in the book!!!!!! It's so much fun!!! :mrgreen:
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby susan60625 on September 15th, 2010, 2:53 pm

Well, Lynsay, I gotta say that I LOVE Stephanie! She's naughty in an adorable way. I must say, though, that you just shot my theory down and proved everyone else right! I had a feeling that our hero this time would be Teddy. I guess it's just a little streak of meanness in me - wanting to see a man go through the "turn" again, instead of always women having to suffer! So far, Greg is the only male who has turned. Every other female heroine has found her life mate among the immortals. No complaints, but just sayin' .....
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Lynsay on September 15th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Oh now Susan, you'll get to see Tiny turn in Reluctant Vamp. And Teddy is the anthology I'm finishing after Christian's story so there are two more mortal males turning. And Jeanne Louise has a mortal mate when I get to her, so...there are plenty of males to torture yet.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby susan60625 on September 15th, 2010, 3:21 pm

Wow! I had completely forgotten about Tiny! One good thing is that I got a few new tidbits! The anthology is Teddy! Jeanne Louise's life mate is mortal! Good tidbits!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on September 15th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Lynsay wrote:Oh now Susan, you'll get to see Tiny turn in Reluctant Vamp. And Teddy is the anthology I'm finishing after Christian's story so there are two more mortal males turning. And Jeanne Louise has a mortal mate when I get to her, so...there are plenty of males to torture yet.

Lynsay

Lyns I think I know who will be Jean Louise's life mate..bauhahahaha :twisted: :twisted:

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else