Martine Argeneau Pimms

Details and biographies of characters in the Argeneau series.

Martine Argeneau Pimms

Postby susan60625 on May 21st, 2009, 12:28 pm

I am in the midst of a total re-read of the Argeneau/Rogue Hunter series, and I came across something that I can't find as being addressed in this forum.

In The Rogue Hunter (pg. 30), Mortimer refers to Martine as the "eldest Argeneau daughter." Is this an error or an intentional slip? As far as we know, Martine is the only Argeneau daughter. If that is the case, why refer to her as the eldest? Is there some other family member out there that we don't know about?

I'm sorry, but this has piqued my curiosity and maybe I'm reading something into nothing, but I just wanted to know if anyone else caught that.

Sue, Chicago
susan60625

Re: Martine Argeneau Pimms

Postby sin on May 21st, 2009, 1:38 pm

Lynsay stated that Martine is the eldest living daughter..will have to do a search to find her exact quote..We also have heard that the Notte's have had all girls except Julius like the Argeneau's having all sons except Martine.
Last edited by sin on May 21st, 2009, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby sin on May 21st, 2009, 1:41 pm

found it:

Re: New family tree

Postby Lynsay on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:52 am
Martine is the oldest still living Argeneau gal of all the wives, children, grandchildren etc.

Lynsay

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on May 21st, 2009, 2:24 pm

sin wrote:found it:

Martine is the oldest still living Argeneau gal of all the wives, children, grandchildren etc.

Lynsay

OK, Sin, thanks!

But I guess that can be taken two ways, though. It could mean that there was another Argeneau daughter who died. Or, it could mean that there is still a living YOUNGER Argeneau daughter floating around somewhere that we no one knows about yet. That would fit with Lynsay's statement, too.

And, I know that Nicodemus Notte did say that everyone knows that the Argeneau's had all boys, except for Martine, but the family could be harboring another secret. Stranger things have happened!

Sue, Chicago
susan60625

Postby wren on May 22nd, 2009, 8:15 pm

susan60625 wrote:

Lynsay

OK, Sin, thanks!

But I guess that can be taken two ways, though. It could mean that there was another Argeneau daughter who died. Or, it could mean that there is still a living YOUNGER Argeneau daughter floating around somewhere that we no one knows about yet. That would fit with Lynsay's statement, too.

And, I know that Nicodemus Notte did say that everyone knows that the Argeneau's had all boys, except for Martine, but the family could be harboring another secret. Stranger things have happened!

Sue, Chicago

It's possible, Sue. But at this point I'm inclined to take it that Lynsay is saying that Martine is the oldest gal still living out of any Argeneau daughters and it includes Martine being older than any nieces, sisters-in-law, daughters-in-law (we don't know if her older three sons are married,) granddaughters-in-law, even of her siblings...and so on. We know she is much older than Margeurite. "Still living" seems to imply that any other Argeneau gals are no longer alive...whatever the reason. In The Rogue Hunter, Mortimer seems to be telling us that Martine is also the eldest Argeneau daughter by birth...even if there were other daughters later who haven't lived as long as Martine.

Also, the Notte family came directly from Atlantis just like the Argeneau family...Nicodemus & Marzzia knew Jean Claude's first wife, Sabia. Vita was born the same year as Lucian & Jean Claude. The families seem to have known each other in Atlantis and then encountered each other throughout the centuries since. It seems that Nicodemus & Marzzia would know of any other living Argeneau family members, especially daughters...even those who came after the fall of Atlantis. Because Lynsay has stated so in the past, we do know that there are other Argeneau siblings that are not on the family tree, but as far as we know, Martine is the only Argeneau daughter that is still living. Just speculating now...but if there is a younger Argeneau daughter still living, I don't think that either family knows that she is alive...and we could get another big surprise twist.:D
wren

Postby MsKitty on May 27th, 2009, 12:48 am

oooooooo! I do enjoy a surprise twist!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby LadyKate on March 7th, 2015, 2:27 pm

The latest published family tree seems to have made Martine two hundred years younger. I've been trying to figure out if she was born in atlantis or not.

Also trying to figure out when the "100 year law" for having children was initiated as the new family tree has Basileio born in 1529 BC Stephano born in 1412BC and Martine born in 1480BC. (if the other family tree I had is correct it was 1280 BC but I am still confused). I have a suspicion from the paragraph in A Quick Bite "“He, his twin brother, and their parents were amongst those who fled Atlantis when it fell. Aunt Martine was born a couple hundred years later.” that the date in my older version of the family tree is correct (1280BC)

It would be interesting to see a timeline with some significant dates on it like approximate date of the fall of Atlantis. Dates of the major battles with rogues and of major immortal laws.
LadyKate

Postby susan60625 on July 18th, 2015, 10:53 am

Lady Kate,

Sorry for the late reply but because you are new to the forum, your postings have to be moderated. The moderators are Lynsay and her assistant/sister, Terri. If they get busy, they don't always get on here to get the new postings approved.

Anyways, regarding your question about Martine's age. All of the family trees that I have seen have shown her birthdate in 1480 B.C., and, yes, she was born after the fall of Atlantis. As far as we know, so far, only Lucian, Jean Claude and Basileios were born in Atlantis.

The "100 year law" was put in place after the battle that killed Leonius's father. That was when they had had enough of his "herds" of mortals and non-stop breeding! I'm not sure when that was, but I need to check Basha & Marcus's book, that was when it was talked about the most.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on July 19th, 2015, 2:49 am

susan60625 wrote:

Lynsay

OK, Sin, thanks!

Sue, Chicago

At the time of Lynsay's quote about Martine, we did not know Basha's actual identity...an Argeneau living granddaughter from the time of the war with Leo I. Everyone had reason to believe her dead, except for possibly Lucien, who she hid from due to the misinformation given to her by Abbadon. Of course, Lynsay already knew, and Basha's description in TIH did make us speculate that she was somehow related to the Argeneau family. There may be more surprises in store for us regarding other possible missing family members too. I hope so! :D
wren

Return to Character Bio's