What Comes Next Game...

This is where the fun stuff lives

Re: What Comes Next Game...

Postby wren on October 29th, 2011, 2:28 am

susan60625 wrote:"I am not doing it."

SWV, Chapter Seven: Opening scene between Lucern, Marguerite, and Bastien

p. 123 "I am not doing it" Lucern announced, fury underlying his calm proclamation.
"Yes, you are." Marguerite Argeneau filled in another word in her daily crossword puzzle. She been working on the darn thing since he'd arrived. (continues with description of Marguerite's home, etc.)

pp. 124-125 (short summary) Lucern continues to argue with Marguerite over his going to the RT conference, insisting she tricked him, with Bastien observing and asking their mother if she knew it was a conference. Bastien tells Lucern it's not a problem, and that he can ship blood to him in the United States.

Back to quoting passage - p. 125 "I may have given my word, but I didn't sign a contract or anything. I am not going." Marguerite jerked upright as if he had slapped her. Her words were slow and cold. "A man's word used to be his bond." Lucern flinched, but he growled, "It used to be. Times have changed. In this world, a man doesn't have to do anything unless it is in writing."
"In this day and age, that's true," she allowed, eyes narrowing on him "But that isn't how you were raised, Lucern Argeneau. Are you no longer a man of your word?" Luc gritted his teeth, his fury and helplessness combining. His mother was pulling out the big guns, questioning his honor and using his full name to show her shame that he would even suggest going back on his word. Could he really disappoint her? (End of passage)

* Marguerite wins...in the next passage, Lucern goes to the RT conference! :lol:

What comes next? :D

"You had fantasies about Jessica Rabbit? A cartoon rabbit?"
wren

Postby susan60625 on October 29th, 2011, 12:09 pm

I know it, but I gave the quote before this one, so I will give others a chance.

BTW - for the record, Wren you're correct!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on November 1st, 2011, 3:22 pm

It's in "Hungry for You" when Mortimer was trying to convince Sam that she really is the woman he wants, even though she's nothing like what he pictured when he though about his lifemate. Bricker and Cale, observing from the sidelines, watch as Mortimer digs himself in deeper and deeper. Bricker finally has to step in.

“Jessica Rabbit?” Sam echoed with disbelief. “You had fantasies about Jessica Rabbit? A cartoon rabbit?”

Cale’s eyebrows rose at that. He’d been alive a long time and had fantasized about a lot of things, but never a cartoon rabbit.

“Well not as a rabbit,” Mortimer muttered, sounding a bit chagrined. “And not as a cartoon character. I wasn’t really—I mean, I didn’t want to hook up with her or anything. She was just a representation of the type of woman I thought I might end up with.”

“Voluptuous and sexy,” Sam suggested.

“Exactly,” Mortimer said, sounding relieved.

Cale didn’t need Bricker’s groan to tell him that was possibly the stupidest thing the man could say. Dark hair, huge eyes, and a stick figure didn’t suggest voluptuous and sexy to him.

“Mortimer,” Sam said, her voice hard, “I’m neither voluptuous nor sexy. If that’s what you want, why spend eternity with me?”

“Honey, you are sexy. You’re smart, and brains are really sexy as hell.”

“Right,” Sam snapped, obviously not buying that line.

“Gad!” Bricker barked.

When the younger immortal leapt off his stool and hurried toward the dining-room door, Cale followed. He entered the room on the other man’s heels, his eyes moving with interest over the couple peering toward them with surprise.

Bricker’s description of dark hair, big eyes, and spindly as a stick figure fit Sam, Cale decided. It was probably also the most unattractive way to put it. The woman did have dark hair, but only in that it wasn’t blond. There were tints of light brown and even red in her hair that made for a lush, almost auburn. As for her eyes, Cale had always found large eyes an attractive feature, but they did tend to dominate this woman’s thin face. He suspected they would be lovely if she had a little more meat on her to round her cheeks out a bit. Actually, the woman could have done with a little more rounding everywhere. Her body was on the point of being emaciated. It made him wonder if she didn’t have some ailment of the thyroid or something.

He shifted his gaze to Garrett Mortimer then, but barely got an impression of fair hair and a muscular body before Bricker paused before the couple, and snapped, “For cripes sake, you two! What are you doing? Sam, you love Mortimer, and he loves you, and that’s what he’s trying to tell you, he’s just too stupid to get it out right. But he loves and wants you just the way you are.” He shook his head with disgust. “You should be secure in that knowledge by now for God’s sake. The two of you have been going at it like a pair of bunnies for months, with no sign of letting up.”

What comes next....

"Some men, smart men, recognize the value of a good life mate. A partner to share life's sorrows and joys with."
Denise

Postby susan60625 on November 16th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Denise, I think we need a clue. Help!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on December 7th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Denise wrote:What comes next....

"Some men, smart men, recognize the value of a good life mate. A partner to share life's sorrows and joys with."

That wold be Tall, Dark & Hungry
Vincent said to Terri,

"I don't know," Vincent said as Terri laughed. "Some men, smart men, recognize the value of a good life mate. A partner to share life's sorrows and joys with."
"Why, Vincent," she said with surprise. "You almost sound like a romantic."
The actor recoiled. "Well, I wouldn't go that far."

be back in a few with the next one :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby sin on December 7th, 2011, 11:19 pm

“Are you sure I can’t just tell him?"

sin

Postby wren on January 5th, 2012, 4:45 pm

sin wrote:“Are you sure I can’t just tell him?"

sis, I believe this is Katricia to Marguerite in TBBC - The Gift (Teddy's story) about being his life mate. If this is correct, I'll have to get back to you on the "what comes next" part. That book is on the nook, which is currently being charged since I've been reading a lot! :) One of the few negatives of eReaders is having to charge them back up! :roll: :(
wren

Postby sin on January 6th, 2012, 1:13 am

You are correct dear sister. Anytime you you are ready to post we will be glad. :)

sin

Postby sin on January 17th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Bumping for wren

sin

Postby wren on January 18th, 2012, 10:54 am

Uh-Oh! Okay...I have a doc's appt., so I'll complete it after that! :o :oops: :)
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Quizzes, Fun Stuff