What Comes Next Game...

This is where the fun stuff lives

Re: What Comes Next Game...

Postby sin on May 1st, 2010, 2:36 pm

Ok Terri..One quick question..Is the book published yet??lol.. I found a reference to grandmother, but not that line..

New Line... "You don’t look like my great grandmother"

Peeshaw... now see if you get that one!

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on May 1st, 2010, 8:36 pm

I thought I found it, but it wasn't the right one...
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on May 13th, 2010, 11:40 am

Hey, Terri! I think we need a hint! I can't find it anywhere!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on May 21st, 2010, 1:49 am

I know, 'cause this was in the Who said game. That one was in the excerpt that was posted for VI. Tiny said it. But in the discussion on the other post we figured out that it had been edited out of the final print. Several of us had remembered reading it (because we read the excerpt multiple times) but couldn't find it in our book. What comes next is:
“You don’t look like my great grandmother,” Tiny muttered as he closed the door.

Marguerite didn’t respond. Instead she simply settled herself in the large bed in his room, then slipped into his thoughts and soothed his worries and discomfort and directed him into the bed beside her. She stayed in his thoughts long enough to ease him into an untroubled sleep, then slipped free with a little sigh, turned out the bedside lamp and scooted under the blankets to sleep.

Next: “I can tell you’re thrilled by this assignment.”
Denise

Postby wren on May 21st, 2010, 9:57 am

Denise wrote:I know, 'cause this was in the Who said game. That one was in the excerpt that was posted for VI. Tiny said it. But in the discussion on the other post we figured out that it had been edited out of the final print. Several of us had remembered reading it (because we read the excerpt multiple times) but couldn't find it in our book. What comes next is:
“You don’t look like my great grandmother,” Tiny muttered as he closed the door.

Marguerite didn’t respond. Instead she simply settled herself in the large bed in his room, then slipped into his thoughts and soothed his worries and discomfort and directed him into the bed beside her. She stayed in his thoughts long enough to ease him into an untroubled sleep, then slipped free with a little sigh, turned out the bedside lamp and scooted under the blankets to sleep.

That's why I couldn't find it, even though I knew it was Tiny talking about Marguerite. Glad you remembered! :)

Very sneaky, Terri! ;) Well done!! :lol:

wren

Postby sin on May 21st, 2010, 10:16 am

I remembered that also Denise. We have had a few discussions on that.. Very sneaky Terri...:)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Kath on June 10th, 2010, 8:51 pm

Sigh! I think we need a hint...

Kath

Postby Lynsay on June 12th, 2010, 11:46 am

Denise wrote:I know, 'cause this was in the Who said game. That one was in the excerpt that was posted for VI. Tiny said it. But in the discussion on the other post we figured out that it had been edited out of the final print. Several of us had remembered reading it (because we read the excerpt multiple times) but couldn't find it in our book. What comes next is:

They cut that out of the book because my editor didn't think the grandmother bit was sexy. Was afraid it would make her seem old. Rolling eyes. The woman is hundreds of years old. She's not exactly Granny Smith old though if you know what I mean. But, hey, I save protests for important battles and that one didn't seem that important.

Next: “I can tell you’re thrilled by this assignment."
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby marebear_2000 on June 12th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Kath wrote:]Next: “I can tell you’re thrilled by this assignment.”

Found it...

pg 10 of TRH Mortimer to Bricker, next line is:
"It's cottage country, Mortimer. Cottages are all about sun and sand and fun. We're vampires. We avoid sunlight like the plague. What are we doing here?"

Okay, here's a new one:

"You weren't in the bathroom were you?"
marebear_2000

Postby grlnxtdr29 on July 8th, 2010, 1:41 am

I know what Book it is from, but don't have it infront of me (Listening to the Audio version right now) so can't give the next line. Will try and catch it again and type it out
grlnxtdr29

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Quizzes, Fun Stuff