Would you Rather...

This is where the fun stuff lives

Re: Would you Rather...

Postby ElectricFedora on February 16th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Wren- I Don't think I was initiated back then *sigh* I'm still a youngling, No one reads what I read and I think I'm the youngest here. On the plus side I got a bunch of books in the mail including The Countess!
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby TomEC on February 16th, 2011, 4:59 pm

wren wrote:Now Thomas, didn't I already tell you that Theresa was welcome to have dinner with you & Lynsay??!! Image

So now...Image congratulations my dear Thomas, your first little cauldron has just been respectfully tossed at you. Uh-huh, and you thought you were a truly turned immortal before? hee-hee...you have just been initiated into the next level of forum fun & a bit of ongoing naughtiness! Image You are still growing and completing your training, young Padawan Immortal! Image You need to know that 'cauldron-tossing' is a year-round event here and has nothing to do with the yearly snowball *splat* fun! They're often tossed at a fellow forum friend in fun and are then followed by razzy-neener smilies back & forth between said forum friends with other forum friends getting involved! (Watch out...sin is as direct with cauldron-tossing as she is with posting & is really good at those neeners! <grin>) You might talk to Sue about cauldron tossing as she was initiated not so long ago and tossed one down the mighty Mississippi River at me with very good aim just last summer, IIRC! Oh, and please ask her where she got her 'invisibility cloak' while you're at it. So far, she's not confessing. sin & I own the original cloak. It was mine, but I gave her 'half' for her special birthday party last year...but Sue was cloaked in one last night after attempting to splosh me with a big snowball which made it where I couldn't splosh her. :o All of my snow has melted now, so it leaves me without any retaliation *splats* but it means Spring is almost here, so that is okay with me! However, Sue still has plenty of snow hanging around her part of the world. I'd better keep my cloak handy.

For our newer Immortals...I'd hang on to any little cauldrons tossed at you or flying by you toward a fellow forum friend, because now you'll know to run & duck & then wind up to throw a few back...don't forget the razzing! Oh yes, the time will come when you need to throw little cauldrons at fellow forum friends...definitely me & sin & our fellow conspirators gigi3 & jill when they show up :roll: (well, our jillybean should have internet back soon after her move, but we may need to have an 'intervention' with sis G3...she's probably having to work a lot...that's restaurant business for you :cry: )...highly likely rockie & MsKitty & Sue (who would have guessed when she first joined the forum that Sue would turn out so delightfully naughty? She was quite prim & proper & full of forum decorum until she was "turned" & then the real Sue was revealed...isn't that right, Cara? 8-) ) Others you ask? Maybe Copper or Stauri when they drop in...possibly even Jewelz...very seldom Denise, but it does happen. Our Denise gets a little naughty mood that pops out once in a blue moon. :) I see ever so much potential naughty forum fun just waiting to be brilliantly unleashed in our many new turns. :twisted: We never throw little cauldrons at Lynsay or Terri, though. That would be like tossing them at 'head of the council Lucian' or 'go-to-man-Bastien' kwim? Not the best forum decorum & could be considered 'rogue behavior' & might require a 'stake & bake' ...Messy business, indeed! It's best not to be too naughty toward the Immortal that writes the books & the Immortal that takes care of all that other author stuff so the first Immortal can write said books! Just saying...Image Yet, they've been quite agreeable to many of our antics in the past...even willing to be cheerleaders at some events. Why, bless their hearts...we had a couple of gals ready to go in the ring to do battle over their favoured character...shhh, they prefer to call them their life mate! Yep, Lynsay & Terri were willing to pull up chairs, get out some pom-poms to wave, bring in a good bottle of wine & some yummy treats, and make it a party! 8-) Absolutely delightful!! :lol:

Well! Lots seems to have happened while I was gone! Image

I think I'm going to need to watch my back until I figure out how this cauldron toss thing works. :? Okay let's see, I guess I'll need some ammunition...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

...will that be enough? Hmmm... now exactly how does this work? I think I'll need a tutorial or something like that. I wouldn't want to do anything bad. Image

wren wrote:Back on topic: Thomas, Lynsay would much rather have dinner with you & your true life mate together! First, she's just romantical that-a-way! *giggle* Second, I believe she is as curious about those loved ones that we talk about on her forum (that she begins to feel like she knows through us...like my frog prince & your Theresa) as we are about her real life family & friends! Hey, along with her imagination & humour, being curious is another part of her charm! It's how she 'sees the world' and how characters speak to her in odd ways. They whisper "What if...?" and next thing you know, she has another bestselling book with her name on it and we're all happily reading or listening to it! Image

Yeah I suppose we're all curious about one another. Though I think I fair better here online than I would in real life but with Theresa along, I could truly relax in any situation. Actually if you check out my blog on my website, (www.tccreative.ca) the pictures on the post titled "A Long Day" make it pretty obvious who's the grown-up in our family.

I can certainly identify with that whole dynamic of Lynsay creating characters real life. It's the way I think too. Also, I guess I really couldn't object to a get-together evolving different ones on this forum. Many of you (you know who you are) would clearly make for a very interesting evening. :D

ElectricFedora wrote:Ah, Congrats on being initiated Tom. XD I hope one day when I get older that I can be initiated also.

hmm, for Wrens WYR I'm going to choose Disney, I would feel very bad if I got to meet Lynsay by myself and no one else did. That and well, I would love to meet all the people here, I feel lots of amazing conversations would happen.

NEW WYR: Would you rather have Lucien as your father or Marguerite as your mother?

Thanks Kaela. I guess I'll eventually figure out exactly what being initiated means. It sounds a bit scary. :shock:
As to the question: this is a no-brainer for me though I really like Lucien, and would feel very safe with him as a Dad, I've already gone on record as wishing that Marguerite would adopt me and I stand by that! Lucien is my favorite male character, but Marguerite is my favorite character overall.
Oh and by the way, I don't consider that in any way a slight on my real Mom. She may not be perfect, but she's my Mom and always will be.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby sin on February 16th, 2011, 6:54 pm

There really is not tutorial for said cauldron tossing. Wren, myself and the absent Jill & Gena got together for our love for Charmed and are basically accordingly on here. The P names are from there so we use our forum names with 1-4 behind then.

Also sometimes we do a little trouble. bauhahahah... That makes Lynsay our L'der (instead of Leader or Elder) Ther is a thread explain it very well. ;)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on February 16th, 2011, 8:47 pm

ElectricFedora wrote:Wren- I Don't think I was initiated back then *sigh* I'm still a youngling, No one reads what I read and I think I'm the youngest here. On the plus side I got a bunch of books in the mail including The Countess!

Actually, dear youngling, when on the 'old forum' and aka 'puppylover' at age 12yo, some of us who are most ancient now were watching over you due to your tender age, so it's nice to have you back. We do have some other 15-16yo members, but few that are active right now. Many that are now in their early 20s have been on the forum since their last high school years, too...such as Shaa. She just has to use her phone for internet at the moment, and it's very hard to post on forums that way. You may be a youngling, but I hearby elevate you to Padawan status because you've been reading the books so long, and because you got smart about taking school seriously. Definitely showing a lot of maturity and we're proud of you for it!

Hmmm...methinks let's go ahead and TOSS Image...congrats, ElectricFedora...you have just been whacked by your first cauldron! Image It was much easier tossing it almost straight up to initiate you! I had to toss all the way across the USA to Thomas' side of Canada to whack him with his cauldron. Thomas...I tossed the cauldron at you for not listening to me the first time I told you that Theresa would be welcome to join you at dinner with Lynsay! Image ♫ Trust in me...always in me ♫ Image Now you know... :twisted:

It's like this...I'm always Wright,so it is impossible for me to be wrong. I suppose it is possible that I can be mistaken occasionally, but wrong...uh-uh! No way! Besides, would I mislead you on Lynsay's forum? :shock: That just ain't fittin' & true Southern Belles don't do things that ain't fittin' cause that means it's not right! In my case, that would be a big no-no, because I can't be wrong, I can only be Wright, so I must be fittin' at all times!!!! Hope you figured that out the first go 'round. I'm not going to explain again cause it even made me dizzy! Image

ElectricFedora, I tossed a cauldron at you because due to you prior experience on the 'old forum' you're past the true youngling stage! Due to your unique circumstances, and the need to maintain order and proper procedure, etc., etc., etc.,...well, it was a matter of general purposes! ImageWe must have been 'light' on you in the past due to your tender age at the time, but you're three years older & we read what you read so you need & the rules are...you get hit with a little cauldron if your playing with the big cats. If you're gonna hang with the big dogs & cats, you can't just sit on the porch, hon! It just ain't fittin' to let you go without a smack upside the head with a little cauldron, and we already had the above discussion about when things ain't fittin'... Image Now, I'd take a tip from Thomas & stock up on ammunition! Trust me...the day is coming when you will need it, hon! Image

Let's see if I can find that reference sin mentioned for any new friends on the forum & so y'all will know a little about the way our brains work. (Don't let it scare you away...you already know that we're mostly harmless <grin>) Keep in mind it was written quite awhile back & hasn't been updated, but it'll give you both some clues about how the AE4 & AEA & our antics came about. Go look on the general section here:

Re: What Is....? Post by wren on Tue May 27, 2008 12:24 am

I was replying to Copper's question about the AE4 and it's much too long to move here and there is more than one post regarding the topic on that thread so just scroll down, as it also explains about how the 'corners' came about...and now that you've been initiated, my magic paint brush has painted your name on a 'corner' in your fave colour. It's magically automatic & we never run out of corners! I'll have to hunt up how the 'little cauldrons' came about, but I know it has a lot to do with our being naughty while playing our game & the overuse of smilies on the old forum. We've continued because it's now tradition! :)

Oh, & ElectricFedora, you were there when we began our Charmed role-play game between books on the old forum...seems like you may have joined around that time. The 2 behind my initial means I'm in the middle sister role...Phoebe, who was played by Alyssa Milano on the series...with the powers of premonition & empathy & levitation as well as some martial arts ability...and no, I'm not a witch in real life, though some are...I'm a Christian (Baptist) & witchcraft is one of those things we don't do. :) I do have some martial arts training, but not as much as sherr, who does happen to be Wiccan. I don't know if that makes her a witch, because I get the Wicca, witchcraft, and pagan stuff all confused because I don't know that much about them except that there are some similarities and many differences. Image (No disrespect intended to anyone on the forum.) However, the series Charmedwas all about sisterhood & family & good friends & 'good fighting evil' (not unlike the Harry Potter books) and I'm fairly good at make believe & play-acting. It's a shame I'm so bashful! :P :lol:

TomEC wrote:Yeah I suppose we're all curious about one another. Though I think I fair better here online than I would in real life but with Theresa along, I could truly relax in any situation. Actually if you check out my blog on my website, (www.tccreative.ca) the pictures on the post titled "A Long Day" make it pretty obvious who's the grown-up in our family.

I can certainly identify with that whole dynamic of Lynsay creating characters real life. It's the way I think too. Also, I guess I really couldn't object to a get-together evolving different ones on this forum. Many of you (you know who you are) would clearly make for a very interesting evening. :D

Thomas, you would fair fine with us & you fit so well in our group, & you would be very comfortable in person, especially with your sweet Theresa along! If anything, I'm too outspoken & don't give a hoot what people think of me or my friends, as long as no one is mean or disrespectful...I'm not talking PC, because politically correct is one of those other things that I just don't do. :o Yet, if anyone was mean to any of my forum friends, I would turn into 'reasonable woman-terminator mode' and they would not last long! :evil: It's not something most people want to happen. I learned from the best how to be a 'reasonable woman' (which sin says is an oxymoron, but she & her grumpy whitelighter hubby love it)...my mother taught me well...and we both do it with grace & Marguerite-style! Sometimes it's good that I don't have nanos, but that's all I'll say about that! :lol:

My dear frog prince is home, so I'm off the forum to spend some time with him now....g'nite peeps! Image

♫ Ohhhhh....Trust In Meeeeeee!!!! ♫ (I love Disney's The Jungle Book...Kaa is one of the few snakes of which I'm not phobic...yes, I am capable of of cartoon snake phobia...and now I'll have Kaa's song stuck in my head all night! :D )

NEW WYR: Would you rather have Lucien as your father or Marguerite as your mother?
wren

Postby sin on February 16th, 2011, 11:35 pm

rought oh..wren in 'reasonable woman-terminator mode'..scary..very scary..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Jewelz on February 26th, 2011, 10:19 pm

sin wrote:rought oh..wren in 'reasonable woman-terminator mode'..scary..very scary..

Excellent question sin! I'd love to have Marguerite as my mother. She's so sweet, and I'd enjoy some girly mother-daughter time with her. Its something I truly lack in my life. Lucian would be an awesome lifemate. I just can't imagine him as my father.

WYR: Would you rather have Lucian as your father or Marguerite as your mother?

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby ElectricFedora on March 2nd, 2011, 5:59 am

Lol, Jewelz It wasn't Sin who gave the Question but me 8-)

To answear it myself I think I would love Lucian as a Dad, I love my mother to bits to ever name someone else my mother even with all her flaws and frankly I feel It would be fun since I still am a teenager to raise a little bit of trouble for my dear old "Dad" Lucian. :twisted:

WYR: Would you rather have Lucian as your father or Marguerite as your mother?

wren wrote:
ElectricFedora wrote:Wren- I Don't think I was initiated back then *sigh* I'm still a youngling, No one reads what I read and I think I'm the youngest here. On the plus side I got a bunch of books in the mail including The Countess!

Actually, dear youngling, when on the 'old forum' and aka 'puppylover' at age 12yo, some of us who are most ancient now were watching over you due to your tender age, so it's nice to have you back. We do have some other 15-16yo members, but few that are active right now. Many that are now in their early 20s have been on the forum since their last high school years, too...such as Shaa. She just has to use her phone for internet at the moment, and it's very hard to post on forums that way. You may be a youngling, but I hearby elevate you to Padawan status because you've been reading the books so long, and because you got smart about taking school seriously. Definitely showing a lot of maturity and we're proud of you for it!

Hmmm...methinks let's go ahead and TOSS Image...congrats, ElectricFedora...you have just been whacked by your first cauldron! Image It was much easier tossing it almost straight up to initiate you! I had to toss all the way across the USA to Thomas' side of Canada to whack him with his cauldron. Thomas...I tossed the cauldron at you for not listening to me the first time I told you that Theresa would be welcome to join you at dinner with Lynsay! Image ♫ Trust in me...always in me ♫ Image Now you know... :twisted:

It's like this...I'm always Wright,so it is impossible for me to be wrong. I suppose it is possible that I can be mistaken occasionally, but wrong...uh-uh! No way! Besides, would I mislead you on Lynsay's forum? :shock: That just ain't fittin' & true Southern Belles don't do things that ain't fittin' cause that means it's not right! In my case, that would be a big no-no, because I can't be wrong, I can only be Wright, so I must be fittin' at all times!!!! Hope you figured that out the first go 'round. I'm not going to explain again cause it even made me dizzy! Image

ElectricFedora, I tossed a cauldron at you because due to you prior experience on the 'old forum' you're past the true youngling stage! Due to your unique circumstances, and the need to maintain order and proper procedure, etc., etc., etc.,...well, it was a matter of general purposes! ImageWe must have been 'light' on you in the past due to your tender age at the time, but you're three years older & we read what you read so you need & the rules are...you get hit with a little cauldron if your playing with the big cats. If you're gonna hang with the big dogs & cats, you can't just sit on the porch, hon! It just ain't fittin' to let you go without a smack upside the head with a little cauldron, and we already had the above discussion about when things ain't fittin'... Image Now, I'd take a tip from Thomas & stock up on ammunition! Trust me...the day is coming when you will need it, hon! Image

Let's see if I can find that reference sin mentioned for any new friends on the forum & so y'all will know a little about the way our brains work. (Don't let it scare you away...you already know that we're mostly harmless <grin>) Keep in mind it was written quite awhile back & hasn't been updated, but it'll give you both some clues about how the AE4 & AEA & our antics came about. Go look on the general section here:

Oh, & ElectricFedora, you were there when we began our Charmed role-play game between books on the old forum...seems like you may have joined around that time. The 2 behind my initial means I'm in the middle sister role...Phoebe, who was played by Alyssa Milano on the series...with the powers of premonition & empathy & levitation as well as some martial arts ability...and no, I'm not a witch in real life, though some are...I'm a Christian (Baptist) & witchcraft is one of those things we don't do. :) I do have some martial arts training, but not as much as sherr, who does happen to be Wiccan. I don't know if that makes her a witch, because I get the Wicca, witchcraft, and pagan stuff all confused because I don't know that much about them except that there are some similarities and many differences. Image (No disrespect intended to anyone on the forum.) However, the series Charmedwas all about sisterhood & family & good friends & 'good fighting evil' (not unlike the Harry Potter books) and I'm fairly good at make believe & play-acting. It's a shame I'm so bashful! :P :lol: [/b][/color]

Oh yes I do remember a good deal from the old forum. I have to say back then I had a bit of a big head XD I didn't like (still don't although it doesn't anger me as much) being treated differently because of my age. I remember you guys always being great to me I always emulated you guys and still do. I'm happy my maturation is making you guys proud I do like to consider the forum as another type of family :D so knowing you guys are proud of me is something that swells me up with pride and joy. I will gladly take this first step into adulthood with my first cauldron and I will have much fun getting down and dirty with the big cats! This Cub's got fire in her soul :twisted: Oh yes, I do remember the charmed kick going on, I am a huge fan of the series and remember always pinning and wanting to be a part of the AE3 as it was called back then :oops:
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby wren on October 29th, 2011, 4:34 am

TomEC wrote:
I think I'm going to need to watch my back until I figure out how this cauldron toss thing works. :? Okay let's see, I guess I'll need some ammunition...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

...will that be enough? Hmmm... now exactly how does this work? I think I'll need a tutorial or something like that. I wouldn't want to do anything bad. Image

The first thing you need to know about "cauldron tossing" is that sometimes you gotta be bad! Image

Filling to the brim ...winding up...tossing long range Image...it flies way over Jewelz house...on up into Canada & straight at Thomas...Image Gotcha! :lol:

Happy Halloween from wren! Image
wren

Postby TomEC on October 31st, 2011, 1:51 am

wren wrote:

Filling to the brim ...winding up...tossing long range Image...it flies way over Jewelz house...on up into Canada & straight at Thomas...Image Gotcha! :lol:

Yikes! That's going to leave a stain. I'm not devious enough to be good at this. I'm going to have to think about an appropriate response. Image No, I'm just not devious enough. Image Not a devious bone in my whole body...
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on October 31st, 2011, 9:06 am

TomEC wrote:Yikes! That's going to leave a stain. I'm not devious enough to be good at this. I'm going to have to think about an appropriate response. Image No, I'm just not devious enough. Image Not a devious bone in my whole body...

Hey, 'totally innocent bones' Thomas Image...Now that I'm back, you better find a bit of deviousness somewhere, or what can I say? Lots of 'splats' will be coming your way! :shock: :lol: :D

I only have 'little cauldrons' Image for ammunition...after all, it is Happy Halloween today!

It's chilly but sunny here! Have you got any snow for the upcoming annual forum snowball fight? If so, are you devious enough to use it?! brrruahaha!! Image

Shhh, where's Denise? Image She usually throws the first snowballs, unless we can catch her unaware first! Image

ImageGotcha again, Thomas! :lol: Hmmm, it looks like that last brew turned a bit slimy. I better stock up on ingredients. I probably need more fresh 'innocent bones!' :o :P

Image wren, who is quickly ducking under her invisibility cloak!
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Quizzes, Fun Stuff