~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Re: ♫•♥*Argeneau Series Character Of The Week!*♥•♫

Postby wren on January 1st, 2011, 3:27 pm

(¯`v´¯) ~ LISSIANNA ~
`*.¸ .*´ *♥•♫•♥•♫•♥•♫•♥*
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨) ~ ARGENEAU HEWITT~
(¸.•´ (¸ .•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.• ♥•♫•♥•*

In honor of Lynsay who created our favorite books & characters and who loves the color red, and for the many resolutions by the SAs to reread the entire Argeneau series starting with AQB & continuing until the latest book in preparation for the beginning of 2011's new Argeneau releases (that gives you from Jan.-May to read the entire series + the new back-to-back hysterical historicals Image ) ...we take this time to share our thoughts about the first Argeneau daughter we met & by book order, the first heroine in the series. Lissianna arrives at just the right time, since we just shared about her beloved life mate, Dr. Greg! Now let's hear it for the beautiful & brilliant Lissianna...our kitten with claws! Image Happy New Year 2011! Image
wren

Postby susan60625 on January 1st, 2011, 3:45 pm

Lissianna. The vampire who faints at the sight of blood! This was the first book I read and it got me hooked! Just that concept was enough to get me interested, but Lynsay's writing style got me addicted! What I liked the most about Lissi was that she seemed to grow as the book went on. In the beginning, you could see how much her father had damaged her, but by the time she and Greg were kidnapped by Father Joseph and Bob, er....Dwayne, she seemed to find the inner strength necessary to save both herself and Greg.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on January 3rd, 2011, 8:43 pm

Lissi's book was the one that made me want to read more.. I had read the Accidental Vampire 1st! Oh yes Victor made me want to read more too but Lissi is the one who got me hooked! She is awesome. A blood phobic which with her being immortal made me die laughing! lol..
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby TomEC on January 4th, 2011, 12:06 pm

AQB wasn’t the first Argeneau book I read (next time I’ll read them in order) but it really cemented for me that these here not your typical vampire romances. There was Greg tied to a bed and, you would think, in big trouble. Then in sneak Lissianna’s friends and relatives, one after another, to implore him to please cure her because they all love her so much! I’ve read funny vampire books but heartwarming? Here was one of the nicest, closest families I ever encountered in literature. Lissianna’s story is the one that convinced me that the Argeneaus were my favorite fictional family.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on January 12th, 2011, 11:20 am

I think Lissi's was the first one I read. I'm not much for cartoon covers so the first three never caught my eye. Then along came AQB and I had just gotten into reading a few paranormals. The rest is history.
Denise

Postby Goober on January 12th, 2011, 11:30 am

It was the first book I read either, bu it was definitely the first heartwarming book- in general that I've read in a while. I knew that their family cared and loved each other, but it was this book that showed me just how much they love and are willing to do for one another. I also love reading her and her uncle L it's so cute. I'm so happy Thayer she had her baby without any problems.
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Re: ♫•♥*Argeneau Series Featured Character*♥•♫

Postby wren on January 30th, 2011, 5:15 pm

(¯`v´¯) ~ VINCENT ~
`*.¸ .*´ *♥•♫•♥•♫•♥•♫•♥*
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨) ~ ARGENEAU ~
(¸.•´ (¸ .•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.• ♥•♫•♥•*

In honor of moi & my fave male Argeneau, who I believe would love Mardi Gras as much as I do...Let's hear it for the charming Vincent Argeneau! ;)
wren

Re: ♫•♥*Argeneau Series Featured Character*♥•♫

Postby susan60625 on January 30th, 2011, 6:09 pm

Ahhh, Vincent! What can I say about him? I think he'd probably be my favorite of all the immortals, if it weren't for my beloved Christian! :oops: I don't think I have one favorite scene with him. What I like are the glimpses of his personality and character. For instance, his firm belief that "Dracula, The Musical" was good camp and that it would have been a hit! Or, his caring about C.K. even though he really didn't have to. Or, his sitting around with his shirt off because he realized that it was distracting to Jackie. And, last, but not least, his wanting to dress as Elvis and get married in Vegas with his honeymoon at Disneyland, which is so different from the rest of his family who had elaborate weddings. :D
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Quizzes, Fun Stuff