Holiday Recipe Exchange

This is where the fun stuff lives

Holiday Recipe Exchange

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 11th, 2010, 10:56 pm

I know there is already a recipe thread on here, and I know it is still early for the Holiday Season, but I thought I would start this seperate thread for people to share their favorite Holiday Recipes, as well as Favorite holiday memories and Traditions.

One of my Family Traditions that I am hoping to Continue when we move into a Bigger home and My Kids are a bit older and can help, is Baking Bread and Cinnamon Rolls for the Holidays. We'd make bread for our Christmas Dinner, as well as enough to Share. My Mother grew up on a Fruit Ranch in California, and my Grandfather was the Foreman. My Grandmother and Mother and a few other family members would make Bread for all the Migrant Workers who worked the orchards and fields, and when my Mother grew up, she continued the tradition with my Sister and brothers and me, Making Bread for Family, Friends, and Coworkers. And for Christmas Breakfast, we'd have Fresh, Hot, Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. I'll post my Bread Recipes tomorrow, when I am more awake...
grlnxtdr29

Re: Holiday Recipe Exchange

Postby wren on September 12th, 2010, 9:11 am

gnd, I think this should be on the General Discussion...I started the original recipe thread, but this is a nice idea. It doesn't really fall under this section, and I think more people would participate if you moved it to the General Discussion. Not everyone plays the games, etc. :D
wren

Postby wren on September 14th, 2010, 12:15 am

gnd, do you mind if I move this to the General Discussion, or do you prefer to leave it here. I think it's a really good idea...Holiday Recipe Exchange & Traditions...and this is the perfect time to start sharing! Keep in mind that it can be Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, other holidays that are specific to different forum members...I'm just naming some as I go...and even Birthday traditions... 8-) :D
wren

Postby wren on September 14th, 2010, 12:16 am

uh-oh, double post
Last edited by wren on September 16th, 2010, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
wren

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 14th, 2010, 10:53 am

Sorry, been out of the loop a little the last couple of days. You can move it if you think it would do better in the general Thread. I put it here because I thought it would fall under the Fun Stuff category
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on September 15th, 2010, 4:35 am

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Sorry, been out of the loop a little the last couple of days. You can move it if you think it would do better in the general Thread. I put it here because I thought it would fall under the Fun Stuff category

It is part of the fun stuff, but not everyone plays the games, so may not see it or participate. I saw in one of her posts that Lynsay is going to have Terri move it for us. Hope everything is well & that you have just been busy! :D
wren

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 15th, 2010, 11:29 am

Sigh...I've been sick, and now Both kids are sick too. was just son at first, but now Daughter is coughing and sneezing and needing her nose wiped every 10 seconds. And Hubby is useless when it comes to trying to help with sick kids, too. So I Haven't slept much in the last week and a half. Well, not much for the last Month really. I have this Great recipe for Bread and Cinnamon rolls, but I've been to tired to post it.
grlnxtdr29

Postby Lynsay on September 15th, 2010, 11:29 am

Oh man Wren! Do you know how to move it? Cause I haven't a clue. If you can move it, great. If not Terri will when she gets back...or I could brave a banning and try. Maybe I'll just go look around and see if there's anything that tells me how. Have to check for posts that need approval anyway. Speaking of which, at this rate I'll have to get Terri to move TK to member status when she gets back. Must remember these things.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on September 16th, 2010, 6:20 am

Lynsay wrote:Oh man Wren! Do you know how to move it? Cause I haven't a clue. If you can move it, great. If not Terri will when she gets back...or I could brave a banning and try. Maybe I'll just go look around and see if there's anything that tells me how. Have to check for posts that need approval anyway. Speaking of which, at this rate I'll have to get Terri to move TK to member status when she gets back. Must remember these things.

Lynsay

Lyns, I can move it...I'll just copy gnd's original post and repost it in the General Discussion section, and we'll make a note here so those on the forum know. Then Terri can delete or close this thread topic when she returns. :D

wren

Postby wren on September 16th, 2010, 6:49 am

This topic has been moved to the General Discussion section under the subject "Holiday Recipe Exchange & Holiday Traditions" Please join us there to share your holiday recipes, memories, and traditions. :)
wren

Return to Games, Quizzes, Fun Stuff