Account keeps getting deleted. What should I do?

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Account keeps getting deleted. What should I do?

Postby Believe on February 2nd, 2013, 12:22 am

Hay Terri,

I first signed up on this forum in 2010 and have never had any problems with it. But last year after I spent less time logging onto my account and after about a three month break I came back and found my account no longer existed (it must have been deleted) and so I was able to recreate my account with the exact same username etc on the 28th June 2012.

However, again today my account had been deleted and I was able to recreate it (same username etc)

I am wondering if there is something I have to do to stop my account being deleted automatically and if you have anti-spam software which deletes inactive accounts automatically (I can understand my account being deleted the first time after three months of inactivity) but I was on the website as recently as the 15th January 2013 (or thereabouts) and cannot understand how come my account was deleted again after only a couple of weeks of inactivity (meaning I haven’t logged on in a couple of weeks as I usually do not post).

Will posting on the forum stop my account getting deleted?

Thanks for your help,
Believe
Believe

Re: Account keeps getting deleted. What should I do?

Postby terri on February 3rd, 2013, 9:20 pm

Hi Believe,

This last time is my fault. I posted it under announcements. We had thousands of spammers that were creating a lot of unnecessary work here. I went in and intended on deleting all accounts that had never posted anything in the last 6 months but unfortunately due to an error on my part I deleted all accounts that had never posted anything. I am sorry about that. However I am very happy that you've posted.

Just a heads up that if you stick around and post for a bit we can make you an immortal after a bit.

Thanks for the inquiry and I am sorry for the inconvenience Believe.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby susan60625 on February 4th, 2013, 8:52 am

Hey Believe!

I'm so glad you're checking in to the Forum! It's a fun place to be! I've been here for a number of years now, and I've made some really incredible friends! We love to have people who have been lurking for a while join our group! As you seem to have been lurking for quite a while, I'd like to invite you to become a more active member! Just jump in anytime. In fact, with the release of Immortal Ever After coming up, it might just be the best time! When the book is released, we will be opening a thread for discussion, and, as you may have noticed, we all have a great time speculating about the smallest aspects of the stories. And, don't forget the games and the Getting to Know You Questions. None of these are requirements, but it's just a way for everyone to get to know each other!

Since you've been lurking, I will assume you understand the rules (BE NICE and NO FAN FICTION!), so I won't harp on them. As Terri mentioned, if you post approximately 20 times, you will become "immortal" and your posts will show up right away, instead of having to be moderated.

Another benefit of being here on the Forum, is that Lynsay actually participates! She even, sometimes, will drop the occasional clue, hint or morsel exclusively for us! Such as, in this upcoming release, Anders book, Leigh and Lucian are finally having their baby. And Lynsay dropped a clue here a while back that it is actually BABIES!

So welcome to the best Fan Forum anywhere on the internet! Come on in, the water is juuuuust right and there are no sharks here! And besides, we have cookies! (Sorry! Inside joke!) :D :oops: :lol:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Believe on February 13th, 2013, 1:30 am

Thanks Terri, I haven’t gotten around to checking announcements yet since I re-joined. Anyway, just wanted to know how you “cleaned” the website, as I know that spammers are a big problem for forums (I would have just kept re-creating the account anyway but I was curious about how you determined which accounts would be deleted as some forums delete accounts automatically after a certain amount of time and inactivity.)

Hi Susan, as I am a lurker I know that this forum is great especially because Lynsay is such an active member (and everyone is nice on the forum). I’m on many other forums which seem … stagnant/dead … because NOTHING is happening – not even book speculation because there is no author participation or very little. And so far Lynsay is the only author I've come across who will give Tidbits/clues about her books which just adds to the excitement when new books are coming out (which she should sooooo keep doing because she can NEVER give enough hints/tidbits to the fans ;) …)

Thanks for the Welcome Susan.

Believe
Believe

Return to Questions For Terri