ARCs

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Re: ARCs

Postby wren on May 30th, 2010, 8:53 pm

sherr wrote:Lynsay.....you should really keep her she will mean more to you then to any of us even though as forum members we would adore her....but she is a part of your life that you can pass on.

I agree that we forum members who are so close to Lynsay would adore & treasure the Eshe sculpture, and I believe that is why we all want her to stay with Lynsay. There are so many other wonderful prizes that could be given for a big special contest for all the millions of Sands readers around the world. The one-of-a-kind sculpture of Eshe is such a valuable part of the Argeneau collection, and having been made specifically to Lynsay's ideal, she needs to stay with Lynsay & her family!

I was afraid that bringing up Lynsay keeping Eshe would cause a split among us, so I'm very happy to see that we Immortals stand together on this issue!! I know that Lynsay is taking our feelings about it into consideration...we definitely have the best forum anywhere with our lovely author who cares about us just like we care about her! :)
wren

Postby marebear_2000 on May 30th, 2010, 10:01 pm

sin wrote:Maybe we should ask Terri for a poll?

I second that idea! Let's put it to a vote.

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Keep the Statue, and give a complete set of Signed Argeneau Books Instead!

Another wonderful idea. I definitely think Lynsay should keep the statue. I prefer collectable items in a complete, matched set. That is why I had to wait for the re-issues to make my Argeneau set complete. I wouldn't be satisfied if, by some chance, I won something like Eshe. I would want one of everyone! And of course, that would get extremely expensive :D Keep the statue, Lynsay, & do the complete set of signed books instead. I would display them proudly ;)
marebear_2000

Postby wren on May 31st, 2010, 10:09 am

marebear_2000 wrote:

A poll or voting is unnecessary, especially now that so many of us have spoken up. 8-) It has been important that we tell Lynsay why we feel the way we do regarding a contest for the Eshe sculpture, but ultimately, it is her decision. Even if we had a poll or vote, we would need to explain our reasons, and we've already done that. Lynsay & Terri can also read through and see some of the wonderful alternative ideas given for future big contests.
wren

Postby sin on May 31st, 2010, 10:52 am

I suggested a poll before several among us immortals had spoken up. But yes ultimately it is Lynsay's decision. Which we all would respect. :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Lynsay on May 31st, 2010, 4:42 pm

Yes, I hear you guys. And you are right. As I started thinking about what you were saying, I decided it is probably best to keep her and now I do want more, lol. Terri is checking to see if we have enough copies of each book to give away a set, so that's a possibility. We is thinking.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on May 31st, 2010, 5:16 pm

wren wrote:
marebear_2000 wrote:

A poll or voting is unnecessary, especially now that so many of us have spoken up. 8-) It has been important that we tell Lynsay why we feel the way we do regarding a contest for the Eshe sculpture, but ultimately, it is her decision. Even if we had a poll or vote, we would need to explain our reasons, and we've already done that. Lynsay & Terri can also read through and see some of the wonderful alternative ideas given for future big contests.

sin wrote:I suggested a poll before several among us immortals had spoken up. But yes ultimately it is Lynsay's decision. Which we all would respect. :)

I'm sorry, sin & marebear_2000...I wasn't meaning to suggest that a poll or voting wasn't a good idea. :oops: :cry: When the topic first came up, it would have been an excellent way for Lynsay & Terri to see how everyone felt about the issue, as we could have voted & given our reasons on one thread for them. I should have taken more time with my reply about having a poll/vote at this time. What I meant was that now that so many of us had spoken up in agreement and encouraged Lynsay to think about the Eshe contest first, that the poll/vote wasn't actually necessary now. Please forgive me...I'll try to be more tactful next time! :)
wren

Postby wren on May 31st, 2010, 5:23 pm

Lynsay wrote:Yes, I hear you guys. And you are right. As I started thinking about what you were saying, I decided it is probably best to keep her and now I do want more, lol. Terri is checking to see if we have enough copies of each book to give away a set, so that's a possibility. We is thinking.

Lynsay

Hooray...Thank you, Lynsay!!!! It means so much to us that you were willing to listen to our opinions, even if you had made a different decision about Eshe. We are sure you won't regret keeping her and possibly continuing to make a complete set as time & finances allow. Isn't Harper/Collins releasing the 3 original books again soon? By then, we may be able to get a complete set together, including the original 3 from the first print run by the current publisher. Any of your readers would love to win a complete autographed matching set! All of your Immortals can vouch for that!! ;)

See...sometimes "thinking" isn't so awful and thankfully it doesn't always lead us into trouble... :lol: :D
wren

Postby marebear_2000 on May 31st, 2010, 6:10 pm

wren wrote:I'm sorry, sin & marebear_2000...I wasn't meaning to suggest that a poll or voting wasn't a good idea. :oops: :cry: When the topic first came up, it would have been an excellent way for Lynsay & Terri to see how everyone felt about the issue, as we could have voted & given our reasons on one thread for them. I should have taken more time with my reply about having a poll/vote at this time. What I meant was that now that so many of us had spoken up in agreement and encouraged Lynsay to think about the Eshe contest first, that the poll/vote wasn't actually necessary now. Please forgive me...I'll try to be more tactful next time! :)

no offense taken here.
marebear_2000

Postby sin on May 31st, 2010, 6:50 pm

No problem sis..:) all is right with the universe..

sin

Postby sin on May 31st, 2010, 6:53 pm

Lynsay wrote:Yes, I hear you guys. And you are right. As I started thinking about what you were saying, I decided it is probably best to keep her and now I do want more, lol. Terri is checking to see if we have enough copies of each book to give away a set, so that's a possibility. We is thinking.

Lynsay

Woohoo 3 Cheers for Lynsay.. Glad to hear you decided to keep her and any others you get made. You also may choose a set of mugs or shirts..Anything you choose will be fine by us:)

sin

PreviousNext

Return to Questions For Terri