Forum Issues - not able to post

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Forum Issues - not able to post

Postby terri on May 17th, 2010, 3:51 pm

I know on Saturday, May 15 from 4:45 pm to 10:00pm there was a duration of time when people couldn't post or find the website. This is an error from our host end, Register.com.

It's a server issue where Register is so busy or at least the server that Lynsay's website is on gets hit by so many requests that the forum and sometimes the website becomes inaccessible. The only thing we can do is note it and if it gets too consistent I'll alert Register. Obviously the number of hits on their server is exceeding their hardware's capability and needs to be noted.

So if it happens in the future please note it here for me. If we can keep each separate issue to one post then that would be ideal so we're not duplicating the same issue.

Thanks all!
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Re: Forum Issues - not able to post

Postby Dusty on May 19th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Terri my problem is some of my posts seems to disappear in cyper space :(
Dusty

Postby grlnxtdr29 on May 20th, 2010, 8:33 pm

Hey Terri, I see lynsay posted on a couple of threads, but it's not showing that there are new Posts. I think the same thing happened with a couple of Sin's Posts as well. The Posts are there, they just aren't marked as having new posts....
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on May 20th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Dusty wrote:Terri my problem is some of my posts seems to disappear in cyper space :(

Dusty, I think your problem is that your not an immortal yet. That means that your posts have to be approved before they appear. Once you reach at least 20 posts, you should be turned immortal and then you will no longer have to wait.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on May 20th, 2010, 10:55 pm

Sue she has been a member for 2 years ..and it always has been this way with her posts disappearing. Long before the 20 post rule came out.

The Queen may be Evil... BUT I am WICKED and Wicked ALWAYS wins.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on May 20th, 2010, 11:02 pm

Oops! Sorry! I just thought that since her name was still green that that was the problem. Dusty -- nevermind!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on May 20th, 2010, 11:09 pm

susan60625 wrote:Oops! Sorry! I just thought that since her name was still green that that was the problem. Dusty -- nevermind!

lol

The Queen may be Evil... BUT I am WICKED and Wicked ALWAYS wins.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby terri on May 27th, 2010, 10:06 am

Hey Terri, I see lynsay posted on a couple of threads, but it's not showing that there are new Posts. I think the same thing happened with a couple of Sin's Posts as well. The Posts are there, they just aren't marked as having new posts....

K... I think I know why this might be happening. I checked all the settings and it's not something I can change according to what I read in administrators panel BUT it might be happening because I have had to manually add a few new forums into the PHPBB3 database and I know the upgrades didn't deal with some of the database differences between versions. So... when I get a chance I will look into that but I do have a fair bit to do right now so don't think this is as much of a priority.

But I do want you to keep letting me know about this as I don't want to see messages missing. I have updated Dusty to Immortal status so hope that will resolve her issues. If it's something to do with your computer settings then I can't do much about that but if it's occurring on our end here on the forum then I really do need to know as we shouldn't have messages disappear.

Thank-you for letting me know!
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on June 7th, 2010, 8:25 pm

Just wanted to let you know that today (June 7th) the website has been slow loading, and a couple times it timed out on me while I was trying to read the posts...
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on June 8th, 2010, 10:32 am

Thanks girl next door!

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Next

Return to Questions For Terri