Audio Books - Question Concerning Memberships

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Re: Audio Books - Question Concerning Memberships

Postby Denise on October 17th, 2010, 11:00 pm

cgsdesigns wrote:I like the audible books so much that I recorded a few books in a series that I couldn't get from audible or find anywhere on line.

I have been tempted to do that, myself!
Denise

Re: Audio Books - Question Concerning Memberships

Postby TomEC on December 21st, 2010, 3:06 am

I love Audible. I’ve been a member for years and it’s the place I discovered Lynsay’s books. For a long time they didn’t have The Accidental Vampire so I had to get the Audiobook version from BooksOnBoard. That version was divided into six mp3 files and iTunes insisted on listing it in music instead of in books. This violated my sense of order and so when it finally came out on Audible I bought that version. And that is how I ended up buying two copies of the Audiobook version of The Accidental Vampire. It’s my favorite Argeneau novel so I guess I’m okay with that. Now if only the story in Bitten by Cupid would come out in Audio format. Being a short story, I guess it’s understandable why it didn’t. I simply downloaded it to my Kindle. With books that don’t have that feature deactivated, you can even get the Kindle to read to you. I don’t mind reading the old fashioned way though. Back in the good old days, I read hundreds of books that way. Now I simply don’t have time sit down read the way I used to. I’m not happy about it. I love the look and feel of books and used to spend hours browsing thought the stacks in used book stores. Now I don’t even get to do that very often. Oh well, at least I have Audible.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Previous

Return to Questions For Terri