Future Book question

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Re: Future Book question

Postby sin on October 19th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Not to sure if this has been addressed before or not. Is there a possibility of some of the books being re-issued as "Unabridged" or "Authors Cut"? I know a few authors do this or even have the edited parts at the end of the book. Personally if they do the latter why cut it in the first place? :D

Also Lynsay have you considered having a "Deleted Scene" section? Just a thought have been having for a few months :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on October 20th, 2012, 6:01 am

sin wrote:Also Lynsay have you considered having a "Deleted Scene" section? Just a thought have been having for a few months :)

sin, this is an AWESOME idea! If I remember correctly, Lynsay said that her publisher made her cut a ton out of UaVM! Would love to read some of what was cut!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on October 20th, 2012, 9:37 am

susan60625 wrote:
sin wrote:Also Lynsay have you considered having a "Deleted Scene" section? Just a thought have been having for a few months :)

sin, this is an AWESOME idea! If I remember correctly, Lynsay said that her publisher made her cut a ton out of UaVM! Would love to read some of what was cut!

I've seen it done on other author's websites, especially when it was a scene they would have really liked to keep but couldn't because of word count, book length, or all that other editing stuff. For Lynsay & Terri, it would probably be finding the time to add it. Of course, sleeping and holidays are overrated! ;)
wren

Postby sin on October 20th, 2012, 9:50 am

so is food. I can really attest to that. sorry sis. {{ducks from wicked cauldron tossed at me head}}}

sin

Postby terri on October 22nd, 2012, 9:13 am

Deleted scenes and extras have never been discussed before by Avon... or us for that matter.

Lynsay and I will likely have a discussion about it... likely after her current deadline.

Chat soon,
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby sin on October 22nd, 2012, 9:47 am

Thanks Terri. It would be awesome to see what was cut out.. And it would just be so Lynsay & You can post in so the scenes do not get lost do to comment. We can make another topic for that. Have a great week..

sin

Postby Lynsay on October 22nd, 2012, 11:42 am

It probably won't happen for past books, Sin. If only because it would mean digging through boxes of printed manuscripts as well as computer files and I don't know where I'd find the time for that. And know I keep Terri too busy to make her do it. But I can try to keep and save any future ones.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on October 22nd, 2012, 11:47 am

Thanks Lynsay. I know how busy you both are and if you both can spare time that would be awesome. You already do a great job filling us in on deleted passages. Anytime we have a question you do your best to fill us in if it does not interfere with a future story ;)

sin

Postby wren on October 24th, 2012, 3:59 pm

If I have to choose between getting deleted scenes on the website or interacting with Lynsay & Terri on the forum, I'll go with the forum! :D Lynsay can always share a scene as a game contest reward or tell us about a passage she would have liked to keep. If time is the main factor, and we can only have one or the other, the forum wins everytime for me! <grin>
wren

Postby terri on October 31st, 2012, 4:06 pm

Wren that's so sweet. :-)

Terror
terri
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Questions For Terri