Bonus Halloween Contest dealine?

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Bonus Halloween Contest dealine?

Postby wren on October 28th, 2011, 7:04 am

Hi Terri,

From the October newsletter dated October 7: "Lynsay has been debating on having a masquerade party for years. So lets try to motivate her with some good ideas. All you need to do to enter the draw for a signed copy of The Immortal Hunter is tell us what or who you'd come as to a masquerade party. Please put "Bonus Halloween contest" in the subject line and send your entries to admin@lynsaysands.net by midnight on Oct 31st, 2011."

From the November newsletter dated October 26: "And a second Congratulations goes to Jessie J.S, the winner of a signed copy of The Immortal Hunter! Nice costume Jessie. It'll be a hit."

I'm disappointed because I thought we had until midnight on Halloween to submit a costume entry. What happened? Image And, just out of curiosity, what was Jessie's costume? Image

Thanks, wren
wren

Re: Bonus Halloween Contest dealine?

Postby sin on October 28th, 2011, 7:48 am

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for posting wren, as usual you beet me to it :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby terri on November 8th, 2011, 9:46 am

Hi Wren,

You are correct that I should have stated by October 25th. If a newsletter comes out the same month as a book release then we try to put it out the day of a book release so I just didn't think about the fact that the release date and the end of the month were two different dates.

Her costume was a Cinderella (gorgeous btw) but we didn't pick her based on her submission. As long as contestants stuck to the guidelines of the contest, they were all put in a hat and one was drawn from it.

Again my apologies. I'll double check contest dates to book releases.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby terri on November 8th, 2011, 10:08 am

Hi Wren,

You are correct that I should have stated by October 25th. If a newsletter comes out the same month as a book release then we try to put it out the day of a book release so I just didn't think about the fact that the release date and the end of the month were two different dates.

Her costume was a Cinderella (gorgeous btw) but we didn't pick her based on her submission. As long as contestants stuck to the guidelines of the contest, they were all put in a hat and one was drawn from it.

Again my apologies. I'll double check contest dates to book releases.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby wren on November 11th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Thanks, Terri! As it has been so busy for you & Lynsay, it's a simple oversight that the release date & contest date didn't happen to match. It was a great contest idea, and I know you'll have another good holiday contest in the near future! 8-) Hooray for Jessie...at least it was a "princess" who was drawn from the hat! :D
wren

Return to Questions For Terri