Contest #8 - Christmas contest

These are the contests specifically targeted toward frequent forum users.

Re: Contest #8 - Christmas contest

Postby susan60625 on January 12th, 2012, 10:41 pm

Terri, I'm like you. Snakes don't really bother me, but spiders and bugs....EEEEWWWWW! Plus, having an allergy to bees keeps me freaked out about them, as well. I have a healthy respect for the poisonous vipers, but other than that, they don't really bother me. I once was visiting a friend of mine who worked at a pet shop and was in charge of the reptile section. When one of them was under the weather, he'd bring them home to take care of. Plus, he had a few pet snakes. One night, we were watching television and I was sitting on the couch with my arm on the armrest. All of a sudden, I felt something on my shoulder. When I looked over, I saw a rather large snake's head. I asked my friend what was happening, and he told me that it was his pet Bermese Python. He said I shouldn't worry, and that it was probably just cold. I was wearing a bulky fisherman's sweater and the snake proceeded to wrap itself around my upper arm, loosely (it took more than five coils to fully wrap itself around me). Aside from it being rather heavy after a while, it didn't bother me. After about half an hour, it proceeded to leave me alone and go about its business. The snake had free-range of his converted garage apartment and kept the place free of mice!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on January 12th, 2012, 10:46 pm

I have a true story to add, but not for entry since I already have one of the books.

I teach 5th/6th grade Sunday School and my parents lived out in the boonies so we'd have a party/wiener roast out there every year. The kids got free roam of the acreage while there and they were always picking up sticks and sword fighting with them. One of the boys spotted a real nice stick laying under one of the trees and went over to pick it up only to drop it real fast when it started moving and trying to get away. The black snake proceeded up the tree and the boy proceeded in the opposite direction very quickly. He never said a word to anyone about it.
Denise

a dental hygienist

Postby WesleyWolt34 on January 15th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Added this to my bookmarks J
WesleyWolt34

Postby terri on January 17th, 2012, 12:29 pm

BTW concerning all these amazing stories told on this contest... Lynsay and I really enjoyed them as well as the different perspectives that were brought to the 'table' here. Thank-you!

And on that note I do believe that the safety of yourself and loved ones should always come first.

So the winner for the Christmas contest is.... drum roll please... GrlNxtDr! Whoop! Amazing story there m'dear. Never been that close to a bear and the visual of your dog playing tag with a mountain lion was sooo cool.

Now we have a few honorable mentions going to...
Susan for her ‘crazy pack of wild dogs’ story (you were very brave Susan);
Sin for her funny possum story (very cute);
Jewelz for her unsavory dog story (very smart reaction as I would have likely tried to run away from the dog at your heels like a ninny and got myself bit);
Wren for her scary cottonmouth story (yikes! Definitely something I wouldn’t want to encounter); and
Rockie for her cute 'tail' about Winnie.

And these stories were a bit late but deserve a mention… Thanks to
Kathleen for her amusing cat ref’ing quarreling squirrels story; and
Denise for your stick turned snake story (LOL, poor kid).

Thank-you for the fantastic tales. I hope to hear many more in the future.

Terri

Btw - Happy anniversary Wren!
terri
Site Admin

Postby sin on January 17th, 2012, 2:20 pm

congrats gnd :)

The Queen may be Evil... BUT I am WICKED and Wicked ALWAYS wins.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby rockie on January 17th, 2012, 3:51 pm

terri wrote:BTW concerning all these amazing stories told on this contest... Lynsay and I really enjoyed them as well as the different perspectives that were brought to the 'table' here. Thank-you!

And on that note I do believe that the safety of yourself and loved ones should always come first.

So the winner for the Christmas contest is.... drum roll please... GrlNxtDr! Whoop! Amazing story there m'dear. Never been that close to a bear and the visual of your dog playing tag with a mountain lion was sooo cool.

Now we have a few honorable mentions going to...
Susan for her ‘crazy pack of wild dogs’ story (you were very brave Susan);
Sin for her funny possum story (very cute);
Jewelz for her unsavory dog story (very smart reaction as I would have likely tried to run away from the dog at your heels like a ninny and got myself bit); and
Wren for her scary cottonmouth story (yikes! Definitely something I wouldn’t want to encounter).

And these stories were a bit late but deserve a mention… Thanks to
Kathleen for her amusing cat ref’ing quarreling squirrels story; and
Denise for your stick turned snake story (LOL, poor kid).

Thank-you for the fantastic tales. I hope to hear many more in the future.

Terri

Btw - Happy anniversary Wren!

Wow I feel left out in this! i entered the contest too! :(
congrats GND
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
SASSy ARGENEAUTS ♥☮☆♪
ImageLive
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 17th, 2012, 4:29 pm

YAY! Thank you! Thank you! I'm So HAPPY! I Actually WON! I loved everyone's stories, and thought they all were Winners! (You too, Rockie :) )
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on January 17th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Wow I feel left out in this! i entered the contest too!
congrats GND

Aw Rockie! That was not intended. It was simply a matter of my last version of the contest reply not being copied from Word properly. Very cute story about Winnie the wiener dog. If she starts feeling badly about herself just tell her it's just "winter weight". (That's what I keep telling myself after gaining 7 or so pounds over the holidays.)

:-)
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby rockie on January 17th, 2012, 6:54 pm

terri wrote:
Wow I feel left out in this! i entered the contest too!
congrats GND

Aw Rockie! That was not intended. It was simply a matter of my last version of the contest reply not being copied from Word properly. Very cute story about Winnie the wiener dog. If she starts feeling badly about herself just tell her it's just "winter weight". (That's what I keep telling myself after gaining 7 or so pounds over the holidays.)

:-)
Terri

LOL Terri,
Its all good! lol i had to say something though!! :D
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
SASSy ARGENEAUTS ♥☮☆♪
ImageLive
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby terri on January 17th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Oh good... glad to hear you weren't upset. You had me going...LOL.

Terr-or
terri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Contests