Contest #9 - The Husband Hunt

These are the contests specifically targeted toward frequent forum users.

Contest #9 - The Husband Hunt

Postby terri on February 8th, 2012, 1:48 pm

Ok... this is for a signed copy of Lynsay's final book in the Madison Sisters' series... The Husband Hunt

What would or have you done to get a husband/wife or girlfriend/boyfriend? Have fun and have it in by Feb 21 at midnight plz! (Try to keep it as short and sweet as you can.)

For example in high school my sister started to hang out with a different and older crowd in order to insert herself into her future husband's line of sight on a daily basis. However he still didn't ask her out for a while. Fed up she started dating other boys and after only a couple of dates, he wizened up asked her out. They started dating when she was sixteen/seventeen. They got married by the time she was 22. In a couple of years they will be celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary... Wow.
She knew she'd be marrying him from the first day she saw him. How she knew that I have no idea. Tenacity? A little intuition or foreknowledge perhaps? I have no idea but they are still happily married and going strong!

:-)
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Re: Contest #9 - The Husband Hunt

Postby terri on February 9th, 2012, 11:25 am

People may be scared to enter this contest. Don't be. It can be funny... a little one liner even.

Here's another true story

This was one way a trucker met up with his future wife at a trucking terminal. She was standing in the parking lot talking to other drivers . He saw her and he had to meet her, so he came over on roller blades to make his big impression on her... and promptly ran over her toes. They teamed up a month later and have been together every since.

Your little tall tale doesn't have to be true. Maybe it't something you would do to meet and win over your guy/gal. Like how you'd meet and win over Justin Bricker? <G>

:-)Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 9th, 2012, 12:18 pm

Well, I won the last contest, so I don't think I should really enter this one, but I'll post the story of how my Mother met her first Husband.

It was During the Bay of Pigs invasion. My Mother was a Navel Computer expert. Her job was to sit alone in a room and Monitor a computer screen. At the top of every hour the phone would ring, and she was to give a one word response, Negative or Affirmative, determined on what the computer data told her about ship placements. The person who called her every hour never spoke. She never knew at the time if it was a Man or a woman. Once the All clear was Given and my Mother was allowed to leave the room, she and a friend went out for dinner, in their uniforms. As they returned to base, my mother spotted a man talking and laughing with his friends. They were also in Uniform. My Mother turned to her friend and whispered...See that guy over there? That is the man I am going to Marry. A few weeks later, she was introduced to him. It turns out he was the one who she gave her reports to on the phone. They Married and had two kids, my sister and my Oldest Brother.
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on February 9th, 2012, 12:43 pm

Since I'm not married and have no children, I didn't have any cute stories for this contest. However, since it's opened up a little more, I can relate the story of how my mother caught my fathers eye.

As some of you know, my family's ethnicity is German. In fact, all four of my grandparents were born in Germany and migrated here. My mother's family became very active in the German community here in Chicago. Our German community used to very busy with singing societies recognizing many different areas of Germany. They helped organize an annual parade in downtown Chicago and many Mardi Gras styled balls, starting with an opening ball in November and ending in what we called the Rosa Montag dance just before Fat Tuesday. My grandparents got my mother involved in the Children's choir, which then graduated to the Jugendchor (young people's choir).

While in high school, my father, whose family wasn't involved with the community that much, joined the German Club at his high school. The teacher suggested he check out the Jugendchor. Now, my mother was always very prim and proper in her style of dress. My grandmother thought that she needed to loosen up her style a little and went out and bought her a bright red sweater. What my grandmother didn't realize was that in the fifties, when you bought a sweater, you actually bought them a little big. Since my mother was rather well-endowed, this sweater was rather, um, suggestive? revealing? sexy? Since this was not my mother's usual choice of apparel, she didn't realize that there was anything wrong with the sweater and decided to wear it to the weekly choir rehearsal. Needless to say, my father, who had never met her before, noticed her. Well, after that, sparks flew, and they've been together ever since. In fact, they will be celebrating their 51st wedding anniversary this coming April and all because of a little red sweater!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on February 9th, 2012, 2:32 pm

I got one for yall..
My grandfather had just gotten back from World War 2 and he decided to go up to Michigan and visit one of his Army Buddies.. While he was up there his friend set him up on a blind date, he took my grandmother to see the Battle Creek Central vs. Kalamazoo football game and they were together for 64 years...
I met Mike at Cracker Barrel when we both worked there.
He was super sweet and we started to talk.. I found out he was going to the same University.. We have been together ever since! That was 5 years ago
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
SASSy ARGENEAUTS ♥☮☆♪
ImageLive
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby sin on February 13th, 2012, 2:44 pm

terri wrote:People may be scared to enter this contest. Don't be. It can be funny... a little one liner even.

Threaten bodily harm

The Queen may be Evil... BUT I am WICKED and Wicked ALWAYS wins.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Jewelz on February 16th, 2012, 8:46 am

sin wrote:
terri wrote:People may be scared to enter this contest. Don't be. It can be funny... a little one liner even.

Threaten bodily harm

Short and not so sweet sin, but I like it! LOL... I'm not feeling real creative for this contest. You never know, I may just come up with something by the 21st., or not.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Jewelz on February 16th, 2012, 9:25 am

So my story may not be real romantic, but its how I met my husband. In August of 1999, I used to workout alot. Yeah, and it really showed too! But, at that time in my life, I had actually stopped looking for a man. My best buddy Shawna, would always give me crap about my lack of interest. But her choice in men, was not for me! She was always trying to set me up with a friend of her current boyfriend. :o You know what happens when you stop looking?

One day at the gym, I had notice they offered a Karate class. When I was a little girl, I always had an interest in taking Karate & Dance classes. I had to pay extra to join the class. It was three days a week. Its where I met by husband, but we had fun throwing each other around. Looking back, I think he allowed me to strike him more than I should have been able too. LOL... I made it to purple belt, Marty went on to achieve his Black Belt. After three years, I had to quit. School and work had consumed a lot of my time. Now, I'm just not interested. Its kinda brutal and hard on the body. I've injured myself a few times in class. I'd rather read or exercise. It was fun while it lasted.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Jewelz on February 16th, 2012, 9:36 am

Jewelz wrote:So my story may not be real romantic, but its how I met my husband. In August of 1999, I used to workout alot. Yeah, and it really showed too! But, at that time in my life, I had actually stopped looking for a man. My best buddy Shawna, would always give me crap about my lack of interest. But her choice in men, was not for me! She was always trying to set me up with a friend of her current boyfriend. :o You know what happens when you stop looking?

One day at the gym, I had notice they offered a Karate class. When I was a little girl, I always had an interest in taking Karate & Dance classes. I had to pay extra to join the class. It was three days a week. Its where I met by husband, but we had fun throwing each other around. Looking back, I think he allowed me to strike him more than I should have been able too. LOL... I made it to purple belt, Marty went on to achieve his Black Belt. After three years, I had to quit. School and work had consumed a lot of my time. Now, I'm just not interested. Its kinda brutal and hard on the body. I've injured myself a few times in class. I'd rather read or exercise. It was fun while it lasted.

One time, I sent a dozen roses to myself at work. In order to snag the attention of a man I was attracted to. It did work, but we were not a good match. It didn't last long either.

Jewelz

Postby sin on February 16th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Thanks Jewelz.

The Queen may be Evil... BUT I am WICKED and Wicked ALWAYS wins.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Next

Return to Forum Contests