Contest # 1 - Love Bites bag

These are the contests specifically targeted toward frequent forum users.

Re: Contest # 1 - Love Bites bag

Postby marebear_2000 on May 27th, 2010, 11:36 pm

sherr wrote:Okay I will change my vote to the actress who plays the new Lt Uhura ......I have to look up her name now but she has grace and strength.
Her name is Zoe Saldana.

Sorry sherr, if it seems like I'm jumping on your bandwagon. But as I was reading the excerpt, Zoe was the image that popped into my head. I have been a fan of her movies for a while now. Here are my reasons for choosing Zoe:

As we saw in Center Stage, she is flexable and graceful. This would be a definite plus for a rogue hunter.
In Drumline, we saw she could play a character that could be both serious and spunky. Eshe definitely has spunk.
My last example is Guess Who. In typical Lynsay fashion, the excerpt leads us to expect comedy while the characters find romance. Zoe's performance in this movie proves that she can accomplish the art of romantic comedy without making it tacky.

Sorry, I'm not really into the sci-fi stuff so I can't reference her performance in Star Trek & Avatar. But I'm sure from past experience, she rocked it.
marebear_2000

Postby Denise on May 28th, 2010, 12:37 am

Well, when I turned in my Armand choice I said I thought Halle Berry would make a great Eshe. She's still my #1 choice, but I'm going to say Salma Hayek would be good, too. She may not have dark enough skin, but she's got the attitude that would work.
Denise

Postby sherr on May 28th, 2010, 4:15 am

Mare....Zoe Saldana is obviously very versitile being in two movies that are different as Star Trek and computer generated Avatar plus she use to be a dancer so that is where flexibility comes in.....I saw her on Regis and Kelly one morning and she seem rather a hard worker too. She did the first part of Avatar and while they were editing did Star Trek and then went back to finish Avatar. Busy.....busy
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby MsKitty on May 28th, 2010, 9:27 am

Well that's easy... ME!!

lmao.. aside form the fact that I'm short, pale & not graceful.. and would look more like a blob than anything remotely sexy!! I can ride a moterbike & do enjoy 'sticking it' to the boss man where I can!! C'moooon Nanos, dark light s & a bit of make-up fixes everything!!

Ok.. If not me then Grace Jones.. she's a tough chick with a fantastic 'apple' butt!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby wren on May 28th, 2010, 10:15 am

I gave it a great deal of thought and my casting choice for Eshe is Tamara Taylor, born September 27, 1970, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (do I get points for casting a Canadian actress, Terri? ;) :lol: ) and who currently stars as Dr. Camille "Cam" Saroyan, head of the Forensic Division, on the television show BONES.

Tamara Taylor is beautiful with a breathtaking smile and eyes that exude charm so that even if she were to downplay who Eshe is as Lucian wishes when she meets Armand for the first time, it would still come through just like in the first chapter of Born To Bite. She has the ability to play a strong but very feminine female character, who is also sassy, spunky, and can deliver a line with just the right hint of sarcasm that hits its mark, which is something I can see Eshe doing with Lucian and any other Immortal...or any rogues she hunted down just before she delivered them to the council. Tamara is also able to deliver a character who can handle an important mission as a tough leader in charge expecting the best from her group, yet who is willing to accept the consequences for what happens to those she is leading or stand up for them when needed. She doesn't let anyone run over her authority and if necessary, she will do things her way, even when it means going to bat with those who would be her own authority. I believe Tamara Taylor could deliver Eshe as a character who walks right on the edge, not exactly going past the rules in her work for the council, but certainly not afraid to push them as far as needed to get the job accomplished. When she portrays Eshe, she will show a bit of a playful, tender quality around those she really cares about, but not in a gushy way, usually keeping her own tears and fears for her private time except possibly with those who are her closest friends...which is a feeling I get from both Eshe and her Enforcer partner Mirabeau. On the other hand, I believe Tamara could easily carry out all those "tough" qualities of an ancient (Eshe is only 100 years younger than Lucian) Immortal enforcer, while still getting across a confused and frustrated Eshe when she meets her life mate...can we say "What color is your hair this week, Eshe?"

Oh, and from photos of Tamara Taylor, although she is slender and only 5 feet, 6 1/2 inches, she looks great in a leather jacket or a skimming black outfit and whether wearing her hair up or down...so hand her a full leather outfit, a helmet & a motorcycle, and send her on to her next assignment! :D
wren

Postby susan60625 on May 28th, 2010, 10:35 am

Ooooo Wren! Another good choice. I had forgotten about her. :o
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on May 28th, 2010, 2:17 pm

susan60625 wrote:Ooooo Wren! Another good choice. I had forgotten about her. :o

Lol Sue! Im with you on that.. I forgot about her to!! :)
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby wren on May 28th, 2010, 5:26 pm

rockie wrote:
susan60625 wrote:Ooooo Wren! Another good choice. I had forgotten about her. :o

Lol Sue! Im with you on that.. I forgot about her to!! :)

Thanks sisters, I think she is perfect for our Eshe! ;)
wren

Postby SquireChriss on June 4th, 2010, 1:52 am

I agree, Zoe would be perfect!
Aren't I clever?
SquireChriss

Postby MsKitty on June 4th, 2010, 5:42 pm

Nooooooo!!!

Me! ME! MEEEEE!

lol... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

:twisted:
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Contests