Contest #4 - copy of Hungry For You

These are the contests specifically targeted toward frequent forum users.

Re: Contest #4 - copy of Hungry For You

Postby susan60625 on November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 pm

I've got a real problem with this one! I've not been lucky enough in the "Love" department to have a recipe for success! Cooking, on the other hand, is easy! I'm not saying that I'm Alex-level, but I have enough skills to keep any Immortal man's newly reawakened taste buds satisfied!!!!!! :twisted:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on November 3rd, 2010, 8:38 pm

My recipe for Love

First you start with a healthy measuring of Communication (Which Hubby is learning)
Add a measure of Respect (Which I am starting to demand)
Throw in some self examination (Both of us need more of this)
Stir in some good Listening skills
Pour in a couple rounds of Forgiveness
Add a bit of distance between yourselves and the naysayers
Sprinkle in a dash of Humor
Mix in a dash of Romance
Mix thoroughly, and spread with a few smiles
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on November 4th, 2010, 8:19 am

Great job GrlNxtDr. That's the spirit! <G>

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby Denise on November 6th, 2010, 1:22 am

Preheat the room to 76 degrees, not too warm, but def. not cold
Prepare the atmosphere by lighting several relaxing scent candles
Dress the participant in minimal attire, preferrably nothing at all
Place participant facedown on a table about hip high
Cover participant with light cloth covering
Lightly grease hands using massage oil
Knead body of participant and rub lingeringly and thoroughly until well relaxed
Turn and repeat as often as necessary

(This recipe is sure to please even the most finicky participant as it requires no effort on their part and is offered from a loving heart intent on making the participant feel loved.)
Denise

Postby sin on November 6th, 2010, 7:01 pm

First and foremost be in a secluded place far away from phones, and any humans who have a knack to interrupt you at any given moment.

Atmosphere

Have 1 Roaring fire in a fireplace.

add several scented candle placed around room

Combine some soft music

a couple bottles of your favorite wine

Mixed with an assortment of tasty strawberries, bananas and of course manna to dip them in, and whipped creme.

Place a very comfortable oversize blanket on floor in front of roaring fire

Add two consenting adults and bring to a low simmer.

**now you can let your imagination go**

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby cgsdesigns on November 6th, 2010, 10:32 pm

Okay I have stayed away while I worked on this so that I wasn't tempted to read any of the other entries and let myself be influenced by anything. I finished this tonight and here I am :mrgreen: As I haven't gone back and read any of the others yet, I do hope this is good enough for a recipe for love! :mrgreen:

A Recipe For Love

Together Pizza

Pizza Dough Ingredients
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs

Directions
Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired.
Bake at 375 degrees C (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.

Pizza Topping Suggestions:
* Ground Beef
* Pork Sausage
* Bacon
* Ham
* Pepperoni
* Green Peppers
* Mushrooms (canned or fresh sliced)
* Green Onions/Onions
* Banana Peppers

It wasn’t supposed to be any special day. Simply a pizza night for my daughter and I. This wasn’t anything unusual for us. Being a chef with a vegetarian want-to-be daughter, finding approved ways of sneaking meat into any meal, this was our answer.

Tonight however, she had invited a friend over to join us after bragging how good our “Together Pizza” was to her. This meant that no ordinary, clean out the refrigerator ingredients would work. Armed with my list of likes and dislikes, food allergies and must haves, I headed to the local grocery store. I much preferred cooking with vegetables which meant that I would also have to make a stop at the Farmer’s Market on Main Street for the farm fresh vegetables. To me, this was more of a pleasure than a chore as many of the vendors were certainly friendly and carried a great variety. Hours could vanish seemingly in an instant if I wasn’t careful.

The Farmer’s Market was busy as usual but this didn’t detour me. I was given a task and a chance to enjoy an evening in the kitchen with good quality time, little was going to upset me. Much to my delight, I was able to find some great toppings for the pizza along with a few fresh fruits for a surprise fruit salad to accompany the pizza. Rushing back to my truck to head home, I found someone had parked their vehicle directly behind mine, blocking me in. Since there is really no way to quickly find the owner of the stray car, I stowed away my finds and prepared to wait out the time. After about a half an hour, my cell phone started to ring. “Mom! Where are you? Did you get lost at the market again?” My daughter knew me well.

“This time isn’t my fault! Someone parked behind me and has me stuck here waiting for them. I’ve only been waiting about 30 minutes for them to return so it shouldn’t be too much longer.” I told my daughter. I knew she didn’t really believe that I would have been back to the house a while ago but there really wasn’t anything I could do about that. She wasn’t upset, she just knew her mother well.

“Tammy is here already, we are going to go out to the barn and find something to do. Just hollar at us when you get home. Hurry home though because we are hungry!” I was just about to hang up on her after telling her the standard “I love you,” when she blurted out real quickly, “By the way Mom, I have a surprise for you when you get here.” I wasn’t sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing. Her surprises could sometimes be a bit on the wild side. “It isn’t another critter is it?” I asked almost dreading the answer. Just as I was known for getting lost at the market, she was known for bringing home stray animals.

“No Mom, no hints! How can I surprise you if you already know what it is?” I could hear the teasing tone to her voice but still, I wondered what type of animal she had out in the barn now. Last month we added a goat to the growing farm we originally bought just so she could finally have a horse. That was 3 years ago when we moved onto the small hobby farm for a fresh start for us both. After her father had died, we both wanted to try to fill our lives with things that made us both happy. For me, it was the custom kitchen. For Renee, it was the barn.

“Okay, I will be home as quickly as I can. Just please, if the surprise is a skunk, I don’t want to know about it. Just let it go in the back of the pasture and just give me a hug instead.”

“Alright Mom. I love you, hurry home!” As we hung up, a well dressed woman walked up to the car parked behind me. Being patient, I watched as she put a fancily wrapped box into the back seat of her Lincoln. When she turned to walk back toward the strip mall which was on the other side of the parking lot, I got out of my truck to stop her.

“Excuse me ma’am. Could you please move your vehicle so that I can get out? You have kind of blocked me in.” The elderly lady seemed honestly surprised that she hadn’t parked in an actual parking spot. On a bad day, this might have irritated me. Today however, there wasn’t much that could rattle me enough to get upset.

Apologizing, the lady unlocked her car and got inside to pull it forward so that I could back out of the spot I was parked in. It was only a ten minute ride home from the market and that time was spent wondering what type of critter would be waiting in the barn now. I couldn’t imagine what other type of surprise Renee would spring on me like this. By the way she was giggling, the skunk seemed like a real possibility.

As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed Renee’s little red Mustang parked in front of the garage with the stall door down. This was puzzling. I had left both doors on the garage open when I headed into town. Curiously I pulled up to my side of the garage and parked the truck inside. Parked in Renee’s spot was a dark blue Yukon I had never seen before. I knew this wasn’t Tammy’s truck, she drove a Mazda sports car.

Before I could grab all of the goodies from the back of my truck, Renee and Tammy came bouncing out of the barn laughing and giggling. “Grab a bag and give me a hand,” I told them before I asked the question I was dying to ask.

“Mom, I know you must be wondering who’s truck that is,” she started, “Well, that’s your surprise!” She was all grins and giggles as she waited for my response.

“How did you get that truck?” Now I was about to be rattled. I could feel my control starting to slide away with the fears that she had gotten herself or me into something we couldn’t handle.

“It’s not mine Mom.” Renee was still smiling but tried to act serious. “I know you love your truck and wouldn’t give it up so don’t have a cow yet.” Tammy and Renee shared one of those looks that said, “you are about to be floored by a secret that we know and you don’t”. Catching that look, I let the irritability slide away and waited for the joke.

“Come on and bring the groceries, we can discuss this while we get everything ready for the pizza.” With that I headed for the door to the kitchen only to be nearly run over by Renee as she raced to stand in front of the door. With a serious look on her face and sounding years older than she was, Renee said, “Mom, look, please don’t get upset with me for this one. I know you try to be happy all the time even when you are lonely.”

I started to open my mouth to explain to her that since her father had died, I hadn’t started even thinking about dating because there really was only one man in the world I would want to spend the rest of my life with but she cut me off. “I know that you and dad weren’t really in love Mom. I know why you married him though, Grandma told me the story.”

Tammy opened the door and headed inside, placing her bag on the counter and headed back for the bags that Renee and I was carrying. “Thank you Tammy” I said. “Renee, come with me for a minute and let’s sit on the back swing and talk for a few minutes. I looked at Tammy and asked, “You don’t mind do you?” “No Ms. Kristi, I don’t mind. I’ll start washing the vegetables for you while I wait!”

I could tell that she knew what was coming and wanted to give us our space for Renee to prepare me for her surprise. “Thank you,” I said then took Renee’s hand and headed for the back door of the garage so we could sit on the swing on the back deck. This was our “special talking” place. We had spent many nights sitting on the swing, watching the stars and just talking. Renee was all smiles as she pulled me along to the swing. I could tell she was excited about something but I had reservations starting to sneak into my thoughts.

“Mom, I was talking to Grandma a while ago, you know, after Dad died.” Renee looked excited and serious at the same time. She sometimes amazed me at how grown up she had become. “I know that you had to move to the city before I was born so that you could take care of Great Grandma Bea when she got sick. Grandma Karen said that you had to give up a lot to go do that including your high school sweetheart. That because you were so far away you lost contact with all of your old friends and spent all of your time caring for Grandma Bea. She always felt bad that you were the one that had to take care of her.”

I wanted to stop Renee right there. The memories of all that I walked away from in order to do what my heart told me was right was something I would rather not think about. “Renee, if I wouldn’t have done that, I wouldn’t have met your Dad and had you. I would do it all the same again today if I had to. I don’t want you or even Grandma Karen to feel bad about that. I AM happy with my life. I have you. I have some wonderful memories that I would have lost out on if I would have chased my own desires.”

“I know that Mom. I’m not upset about it and I told Grandma Karen not to be either. I got to know Great Grandma Bea because of your choices.” Renee sounded far more mature than I liked to give her credit for sometimes. She was only 17 but she sounded like she was turning 30 tomorrow. “This isn’t about anything bad Mom. I don’t want you to feel bad. I want to see you happy. That is what this is about.” Renee looked almost on the edge of tears as she continued, “I know I am leaving next year for college and you won’t take no for an answer on that. I don’t want to leave you here alone.”

Trying to lighten the mood and avoid a flood of tears for us both, jokingly I said, “Well, I am not going to adopt Tammy and keep her here so you can go off to college.” It worked. Renee laughed and gave me a hug. “Don’t be silly Mom. I wouldn’t want you to give my room away! I am still going to use it in the future ya’ know.” I couldn’t help but smile in response.

“Mom, after I talked to Grandma Karen about how you ended up with my Dad, I did some searching.” Renee sat up straight and looked so proud of herself. I couldn’t imagine where she was leading with this or what she could be searching for. She didn’t give me a chance to wonder for long when she stood up abruptly. “Stay right here Mom,” she demanded and headed for the patio door to wave inside. I expected to see Tammy come skipping out of the house at any time.

Renee walked behind me and placed her hands over my eyes. “Renee, you know I don’t like surprises like this.” I didn’t know what else to say or do. She had me at a loss as for what was going on. Suddenly then I was engulfed in a scent I had to inhale deeply. It was the scent of pure masculinity, pure memory. Then before I could say a word, two warm, wet lips met mine.

Renee let go of my eyes but I couldn’t force myself to open them. I was barely aware of hearing her and Tammy laughing as they headed toward the barn. Memories swirled in my mind as two arms wrapped themselves around me. I knew these arms. I knew those lips. My body responded on its own pulling that massive chest closer wrapping around the broad shoulders I knew so well if only by memory.

“Armand” I sighed into his mouth before I kissed him back.
cgsdesigns

Postby rockie on November 6th, 2010, 10:46 pm

Here is my recipe for love!

Start with 4 cups of friendship,
Then add 3 cups of communication,
Then add 1 dinner at the favorite restaurant
Add a stroll in the park under the moonlight
Then go home and cuddle up and watch a movie,
Then have a long kiss
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby cgsdesigns on November 6th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Okay, after going back and reading the others, I guess I kinda went off on a bit of a way different thought on the idea......

But come on, if Lynsay can't write me into 'Armand's life, I can certainly write myself into his! :D And that for sure is a good start on love! :D Or at least a good start at hormonal release. LOL

But by the way......

the Together Pizza is real.

We named it Together Pizza because of the time spent "Together" making it.

I do hope you don't mind my being a bit silly in my recipe though. I didn't plan on going the way I did.... it just kinda happened.
cgsdesigns

Postby rockie on November 6th, 2010, 11:32 pm

Hey CG! I really like your together pizza!! Terri said it could be either a recipe for food or whatever.. so its awesome.. It took me a while to come up with mine.. lol
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby cgsdesigns on November 6th, 2010, 11:35 pm

rockie wrote:Hey CG! I really like your together pizza!! Terri said it could be either a recipe for food or whatever.. so its awesome.. It took me a while to come up with mine.. lol

I guess it is a good thing Terri added the "whatever" to it! LOL

Now I just have to go and alter it a bit to make it work for the newsletter contest.... that one I will stick to reality for! :D
cgsdesigns

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Contests