Contest #4 - copy of Hungry For You

These are the contests specifically targeted toward frequent forum users.

Re: Contest #4 - copy of Hungry For You

Postby susan60625 on November 16th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Besides, if you read Lynsay's Facebook posts, you'd know that she hasn't received the ARC's yet! So even if they announced the winners, there would be nothing to send out right away anyway!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Jewelz on November 16th, 2010, 6:16 pm

wren wrote:Having special forum contests is a privilege, and it's best to wait patiently & not keep bringing it up. Lynsay & Terri need time to make a decision and post it at their convenience around their work schedules. If they feel constantly pressured about who won, we may lose having these wonderful contests. When you're feeling out of sorts wanting to know right away, just put it into perspective and remember that they are very busy. If they weren't working, we wouldn't be getting any new books at all! We will know the winners when they're ready to be posted, so enjoy some rereading of any of Lynsay's books in the meantime! :D

So true... LOL... Just be patient and wait. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Lynsay on November 16th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Terri and I got around yesterday to start the winner picking process, but then stopped when it occurred to us we haven't received copies yet and usually did. So we went to look into that and since then have been dealing with the problem.

Turns out they decided they wouldn't bother sending arcs and I would get net galleys (actually they say they sent them but we never received them or we might have realized there was a problem sooner) . Net galleys are basically post cards with the pic on them and an access code to download the story which expires a month or so later, as in it can no longer be read after that and will just "poof" disappear. Terri and I were up in arms. That's like winning a lottery but having to return the money (whether it's ten dollars, a hundred or a million) a month later. That feels nasty to me as a contest win. Besides, not everyone can or wants to read off the internet. So, we were in battle mode and freaking out a bit. Especially since they hadn't forewarned us of this and we'd run contests at facebook, twitter, the newsletter and here. Had I realized they would start with net galleys I would have put in that contract I just signed that I be sent author copies and early enough I can send out copies to contest winners. Anyway, my editor is a pretty good egg and contacted me a few minutes ago to say she's rounded up some copies and is sending them overnight to me so we can get them out to the winners. Thank you Erika!

So, tomorrow Terri and I are going to pick the winners. Not sure how we're suppose to do that yet. She hasn't told me. Sometimes it's the best whatever, and sometimes she puts all the names in a hat and I pull them out. It depends on the contest and I can't recall what they are this time.

Anyway, we shall do it tomorrow. Will hopefully receive the books tomorrow as well and be able to get them out right away. Of course, all those people who whined and chanted who won and such are automatically disqualified for annoying me....Neener neener, scared the crap out of you huh? Bwahahahahaha. I was kidding....mostly (evil grin)

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on November 16th, 2010, 7:26 pm

Thanks for the update Lynsay. Knew it was something like that. I for one do not really mind reading off the net as I have most of the series downloaded and read it via e-reader. That way I can take them with me if I can not pack the books them selves.

Sin who is still giggling :lol: :lol:

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby rockie on November 16th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Lynsay wrote:Terri and I got around yesterday to start the winner picking process, but then stopped when it occurred to us we haven't received copies yet and usually did. So we went to look into that and since then have been dealing with the problem.

Turns out they decided they wouldn't bother sending arcs and I would get net galleys (actually they say they sent them but we never received them or we might have realized there was a problem sooner) . Net galleys are basically post cards with the pic on them and an access code to download the story which expires a month or so later, as in it can no longer be read after that and will just "poof" disappear. Terri and I were up in arms. That's like winning a lottery but having to return the money (whether it's ten dollars, a hundred or a million) a month later. That feels nasty to me as a contest win. Besides, not everyone can or wants to read off the internet. So, we were in battle mode and freaking out a bit. Especially since they hadn't forewarned us of this and we'd run contests at facebook, twitter, the newsletter and here. Had I realized they would start with net galleys I would have put in that contract I just signed that I be sent author copies and early enough I can send out copies to contest winners. Anyway, my editor is a pretty good egg and contacted me a few minutes ago to say she's rounded up some copies and is sending them overnight to me so we can get them out to the winners. Thank you Erika!

So, tomorrow Terri and I are going to pick the winners. Not sure how we're suppose to do that yet. She hasn't told me. Sometimes it's the best whatever, and sometimes she puts all the names in a hat and I pull them out. It depends on the contest and I can't recall what they are this time.

Anyway, we shall do it tomorrow. Will hopefully receive the books tomorrow as well and be able to get them out right away. Of course, all those people who whined and chanted who won and such are automatically disqualified for annoying me....Neener neener, scared the crap out of you huh? Bwahahahahaha. I was kidding....mostly (evil grin)

Lynsay

Ok thanks for the update Lynsay!! :)
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby MsKitty on November 16th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Viv0323 wrote:My Recipe for Love:

A full spoon of respect
A layer of infatuation
Some pounding hearts
A pinch of daily affection
A sprinkle of lust powder
Dash of luck
And top it off with lots of trust

Mix it all up and you got love.

You don't need many things for love. Love doesn't need a reason; love doesn't really need a recipe. Love is just that: love. That's why we love to love whether we admit it or not.

That's really lovely viv0323!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby susan60625 on November 16th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Lynsay, I have experience with those net galleys. I won one on Pamela Palmer's website before her last book release. It also included a net galley for the fourth Jocelynn Drake book, which was released at the same time. Unbeknownst to me, they did disappear after a month. I don't know if Pamela knew that that would happen, but she included a personalized card with the download card. It's not the same as receiving an ARC, but I did get to read the story before most people which is more than I had before the contest. Anything I win in a contest is great! I will never complain about that. We, here on the forum, know that you do things just for us and we appreciate it, so don't feel bad if you can't get us the ARC's. I remember getting that signed bag and signed historical book this summer, basically just for being a member here. It's things like that that endears you to us more than anything! :geek: :D
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on November 17th, 2010, 12:13 am

MsKitty wrote:
Viv0323 wrote:My Recipe for Love:

A full spoon of respect
A layer of infatuation
Some pounding hearts
A pinch of daily affection
A sprinkle of lust powder
Dash of luck
And top it off with lots of trust

Mix it all up and you got love.

You don't need many things for love. Love doesn't need a reason; love doesn't really need a recipe. Love is just that: love. That's why we love to love whether we admit it or not.

That's really lovely viv0323!!

Ditto, MsKitty! It's very pretty, viv! :)
wren

Postby wren on November 17th, 2010, 12:16 am

MsKitty wrote:
rockie wrote:Here is my recipe for love!

Start with 4 cups of friendship,
Then add 3 cups of communication,
Then add 1 dinner at the favorite restaurant
Add a stroll in the park under the moonlight
Then go home and cuddle up and watch a movie,
Then have a long kiss

Awwwwwww ;)

Awww...so very sweet, rockie! I love it! :)
wren

Postby wren on November 17th, 2010, 12:19 am

sin wrote:
First and foremost be in a secluded place far away from phones, and any humans who have a knack to interrupt you at any given moment.

Atmosphere

Have 1 Roaring fire in a fireplace.

add several scented candle placed around room

Combine some soft music

a couple bottles of your favorite wine

Mixed with an assortment of tasty strawberries, bananas and of course manna to dip them in, and whipped creme.

Place a very comfortable oversize blanket on floor in front of roaring fire

Add two consenting adults and bring to a low simmer.

**now you can let your imagination go**

Excellent...and my imagination is roaring just like that fire! Love it, sis! :D
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Contests