Contest #7 - Something old, something blue...

These are the contests specifically targeted toward frequent forum users.

Contest #7 - Something old, something blue...

Postby terri on May 31st, 2011, 9:52 am

As many of you know, a few of Lynsay old titles were reissued on April 26th. The Brat, The Chase, The Perfect Wife and What She Wants. Also the ebook version of The Loving Daylights.

So we are offering up a signed copy of What She Wants with the old cover. All we'd like you to do is tell us about something you just couldn't part with that was pretty old, maybe a little ratty and worn but you or someone you know just couldn't let it go. Short but sweet is best but if you have a long tale then that's good too.

Please post your entries on the forum under this topic by Jun 13th at midnight. (I'd prefer NOT to get email entries).

Good luck and we look forward to reading them!

:-)
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Re: Contest #7 - Something old, something blue...

Postby Denise on May 31st, 2011, 5:03 pm

I have a little brown Teddy Bear that has a jingle bell sewn into his ear. I've had him since i was bout 4 (I'm 44, now). The day I received him is actually one of my earliest memories. I was over at my mom's best friend's house and had just helped her make her son's bed. Evelyn had three children, all boys. She took me aside and pulled out this little bear that she'd had when she was a girl. Said she wanted to give it to me since I was probably the only daughter she'd ever have. She also handmade a little quilt to go on my doll bed, which I also still have sitting in my bedroom to this day.

Evelyn died before I was 10. She developed lung cancer from second-hand smoke (her husband was a chain smoker who paid a deep emotional toll when she died). Her death was the first that I can remember that impacted my life. When it comes time to clear out the stuffed animal collection, this little bear and his bed and blanket get pulled aside every time as "keepers". I'll never let them go.
Denise

Postby ElectricFedora on May 31st, 2011, 10:43 pm

My plushly, It was my first real pillow..My uncle Sam gave it to me. He means a lot, he was like a father to me because my dad wasn't around much when i was younger. My uncle as very sick and died when I was seven. This pillow is very old, so old its shrunk a ton and we've had to tie it up in a pillow case and keep it there cuz its kind of ruined but I refuse to get rid of it. It's one of the few things I have left of my uncle that isn't tainted by his sickness which i found out about later as well as how he died.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby sin on June 2nd, 2011, 10:27 pm

I still have in my possession a Snoopy bank. It is a tall plastic one. The bottom was cut and duct tape put across it to keep it closed and has since been coloured with magic markers to keep the: eyes, nose, mouth and scarf in detail. My Uncle (who passed away 2 years ago) braved a blizzard to get to my grandparents one year for Christmas. He surprised us when he got leave from the Army. This was in 1966.

Yes I am a pack rat as some would say. *grin**

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby terri on June 7th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Great entries everyone! :-)
terri
Site Admin

Postby terri on July 13th, 2011, 3:49 pm

And again hard to choose this winner but we did and the winner is... Denise! Whoop!

Thank-you to all who entered.

Terri-nator
terri
Site Admin

Postby MysticFan on July 14th, 2011, 4:12 am

Congrats, Denise! :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby sin on July 14th, 2011, 8:22 am

Congrats, Denise!

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Kath on July 14th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Congratulations Denise!! :D
Kath

Postby TomEC on July 14th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Way to go Denise!
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Next

Return to Forum Contests