A Bite To Remember (Vincent’s story)
20%
Bite Me If You Can (Lucian’s story)
20%
The Accidental Vampire (Victor’s story)
No votes
Vampires Are Forever (Thomas’s story)
No votes
Vampire, Interrupted (Marguerite’s story)
No votes
The Rogue Hunter (Garret Mortimer’s story)
No votes
The Immortal Hunter (Decker Argeneau Pimms’ story)
No votes
The Renegade Hunter - October 2009
20%

Total votes : 5

Re: Poll on Argeneau Audiobooks

Postby MaceyHdez on June 12th, 2012, 9:53 pm

I have only just today checked out an Argeneau Audiobook, The Immortal Hunter from my library. Having recently gone back to school, I don't have time to sit and read, and now I listen to audiobooks on my way to and from work/home/school. I love Lynsay Sands' books and was thrilled to find some in audio. And I have to say I was absolutely bored with Victoria McGee, after about 15 minutes. Her voice is pleasant but her cadence is the same, despite the accents she puts on, despite the tone of the character, her cadence never changes and the pitch of her voice drops at the end of every other sentence. I won't be checking out any more books that she reads.
Also, she pronounces Lucien's name like Lu-CHEN...The way she says it sounds like an asian name. And for some reason that completely irritated me.

But none of that has any bearing on the fact that I love the book The Immortal Hunter. I just will have to wait until my next break from school to read it.
MaceyHdez

Postby terri on July 5th, 2012, 7:59 am

Hi MaceyHdez,

Sorry about the Audio version of Immortal Hunter. Unfortunately Victoria McGee did the first few (Accidental Vamp, A Quick Bite, Vampire Interrupted, A Bite To Remember and Immortal Hunter) but we did a poll and readers disliked her so we told her publisher not to use Victoria anymore. When we chose Victoria for one book there wasn't much choice in readers. And then they just kept using her.

It's good that you're letting us know though.

:-)
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby Friebel on September 13th, 2012, 9:34 am

Thanks in advance and good luck, www.lynsaysands.net ! :) Best regards!
Friebel

Postby Denise on October 7th, 2012, 12:26 am

An audiobook reader that I absolutely LOVE is Laural Merlington . She is the reader for most of Johanna Lindsey's books and I thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. She is excellent.
Denise

Postby lindithium on December 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm

I just finished reading the Highlander series, and loved them, so I got the audiobooks from Audible. I'm not loving the reader, she reads kinda slow, and deadpan, but she's better than that breathy Mcgee anyday. I've already listened to Taming the Highland Bride twice just because I loved the story so much.
No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit-Hellen Keller
lindithium

Postby Denise on March 30th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Have been listening to many audiobooks lately and just have to say, if I didn't have the 2x speed to listen on my ipod, Victoria McGee would have driven me totally insane. Such a shame that she was the reader for my favorites of the books. :( I got these from the library. If they could be re-issued with a different reader, I'd be sorely tempted to buy them, but not with VM. Ugh.

Actually, I pretty much listen to all audio books on 2x speed. The regular speed just seems soooooooooo ssslllllooooooooww. I guess that might mean I talk fast, too, so prefer to listen to the faster speed. Also helps the book go much faster.
Denise

Previous

Return to Argeneau Audiobooks