*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby susan60625 on November 14th, 2009, 3:59 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
susan60625 wrote: I don't have the ability to listen to the link that Mr. Spice posted, so I haven't been able to hear the correct pronunciations.


What is it that stops you from playing the link?


I know I'm behind the times, but I don't have any software that plays MP3 files. I know, I know! My system is old and didn't come with that ability. I don't have an iPod and, therefore, never needed any software to download music. I just listen to the free radio stations on the internet.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
User avatar
susan60625
 
Posts: 4031
Joined: April 8th, 2009, 10:33 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois


Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby Mr Spice on November 14th, 2009, 6:43 pm

susan60625 wrote: I just listen to the free radio stations on the internet.


Which software plays the radio stations? Whichever software plays them will almost certainly play an mp3 file.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
User avatar
Mr Spice
Site Admin
 
Posts: 652
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 4:01 pm
Location: Walking in a winter wonderland


Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby Copper on November 15th, 2009, 5:02 am

Mr Spice wrote:
susan60625 wrote: I just listen to the free radio stations on the internet.


Which software plays the radio stations? Whichever software plays them will almost certainly play an mp3 file.


internet raido is the way forward im working with my university radio right now doing a rock show its great fun to be apart of
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
User avatar
Copper
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 5:29 pm
Location: scotland


Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby marebear_2000 on November 24th, 2009, 6:12 pm

I think everyone is surprised when they hear themselves on a recording. It's weird how that works. I know every time I hear myself, I do a double take. I think I sound like a little kid. Definitely doesn't match my exterior.
marebear_2000
 
Posts: 37
Joined: September 25th, 2009, 3:03 pm


Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby Jewelz on November 25th, 2009, 10:34 am

marebear_2000 wrote:I think everyone is surprised when they hear themselves on a recording. It's weird how that works. I know every time I hear myself, I do a double take. I think I sound like a little kid. Definitely doesn't match my exterior.


I'll have to agree. I can't stand the sound of my own voice. Its so annoying!!! ;)
Image

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
User avatar
Jewelz
 
Posts: 757
Joined: June 10th, 2009, 6:11 am
Location: Boise, Idaho


Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby Copper on November 25th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Jewelz wrote:
marebear_2000 wrote:I think everyone is surprised when they hear themselves on a recording. It's weird how that works. I know every time I hear myself, I do a double take. I think I sound like a little kid. Definitely doesn't match my exterior.


I'll have to agree. I can't stand the sound of my own voice. Its so annoying!!! ;)



i would say i totaly agree but i have now managed to be linked into doing the student raido rock show means im hearing my voice every week and im slowly getting used to it
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
User avatar
Copper
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 5:29 pm
Location: scotland


Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby Jewelz on November 29th, 2009, 10:34 am

susan60625 wrote:
Mr Spice wrote:
susan60625 wrote: I don't have the ability to listen to the link that Mr. Spice posted, so I haven't been able to hear the correct pronunciations.


What is it that stops you from playing the link?


I know I'm behind the times, but I don't have any software that plays MP3 files. I know, I know! My system is old and didn't come with that ability. I don't have an iPod and, therefore, never needed any software to download music. I just listen to the free radio stations on the internet.


Susan, you should try to download apple itunes softwear. Its free. Even if you don't have an ipod, you can still download it. ;)
Image

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
User avatar
Jewelz
 
Posts: 757
Joined: June 10th, 2009, 6:11 am
Location: Boise, Idaho


Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby Denise on November 29th, 2009, 11:43 pm

Susan, Apple's QuickTime Player is also available for free download and is smaller than iTunes. But, when you say your PC is old, how old do you mean? These things require Windows XP or later.
Image
User avatar
Denise
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 9:06 am
Location: Oklahoma


Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby Mr Spice on November 30th, 2009, 1:29 am

Real Player is probably the simplest of all and is often the player of choce for streamed radio. Thios is why I was asking what software plays the stations you already listen to.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
User avatar
Mr Spice
Site Admin
 
Posts: 652
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 4:01 pm
Location: Walking in a winter wonderland


Re: Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby susan60625 on November 30th, 2009, 10:09 am

I appreciate everyone's help, but .....

Dave, I tried using my RealPlayer and it told me that it didn't have software to support that file or even an upgrade to help me play it. :(

Denise, I do have XP and I did download QuickTime, but it, too, said it didn't have the ability to play the file. :(

I must be missing some basic system file that would allow me to play the file. I guess I'll just have to wait until such a time that I can get a new computer and continue to hear the pronunciations that I have in my head! :o

Thanks again everyone!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
User avatar
susan60625
 
Posts: 4031
Joined: April 8th, 2009, 10:33 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron