*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby GiGi3 on September 15th, 2010, 7:43 pm

Lynsay,

I know exactly what you are saying about being wordy!, the irony is I buy & collect another well known ( vampire, writter! ;) ) I love her books, but it takes me for ever to finish one. I read a chapter or 2 & I have to put it down. there is one inparticular, its probly my fav of the collection of works. However, 5 chapters in, & she is still descibing the front of the house & the door. as much as i love the descriptions & it really puts me in the sceen visually, its also the thing I don't like!

I am very confused! :shock: lol
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby jill on September 20th, 2010, 8:46 pm

I start to lose interest if its toooo wordy but no worries Lynsay...your books don't have that problem which is why I am now hoarding them in my room under lock and key so my mom can't steal them. They are a valuable commodity in my house. ;)
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby looking4hrlifemate85 on September 27th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Can someone help me with the name Eshe I am just about to start reading Born To Bite and I have seen that the name is Egyptian in origin. Does it sound like Ee-sheh Ee-shay? can someone help me out? :?:
looking4hrlifemate85

Postby Lynsay on September 29th, 2010, 10:17 am

It's like ess-shee, looking4hrlifemate85. Hope that helps

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on September 29th, 2010, 1:35 pm

looking4hrlifemate85 wrote:Can someone help me with the name Eshe I am just about to start reading Born To Bite and I have seen that the name is Egyptian in origin. Does it sound like Ee-sheh Ee-shay? can someone help me out? :?:

Thanks for the additional info on the Egyptian origin of the name "Eshe," looking4hrlifemate85. Methinks we're gonna need to find you a nickname for your username...that's a long name to type! ;) :lol: I had only found Eshe in Swahili in my sources. I'll look into the Egyptian origin so I can add it to the origin information in the list! If you remember where you found it, will you post the link for me please? Thank you! :)

At the beginning of the thread topic is a long list of names, origins, and meanings from Lynsay's books. I try to keep it updated, and I verify all by at least 3 sources before it goes in the list. Names & meanings are a little hobby of mine. Anytime you find some good info, please bring it and your source to my attention. When we are uncertain, Lynsay will correct our pronunciations any time we ask, and will verify information on the names as long as it isn't a spoiler to an upcoming book. If so, she will always answer after the book is released. 8-)

Welcome to the fabulous fangtastic forum of Lynsay Sands & her SASSy ARGENEAUTS...we are very happy that you have joined us!! :D
wren

Postby Lynsay on September 30th, 2010, 1:20 am

Do you know they've started calling me up from California with each book to get the proper pronunciation of names for making the audio books? Did I mention Kirby is doing Hungry For You right now? They emailed me a list of words and then called and had me read them off while they recorded it. ICK, I hate voice recordings almost as much as pics., but they've done if since....hmmm....just before I moved. At least when Kriby says Cale Valens you'll know he's saying it right.

Now, I really gots to get back to work and stop having fun with you guys. But yay, soon it will be done and I'll have more free time...well, except for Nov 1st's deadline, the vamp antho. It's a good thing I like my job

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on September 30th, 2010, 2:41 am

At least they'll say the names correctly in the audio books, Lyns! I know you hate voice recordings and it's very inconvenient for you, but it's just better if they get it right the first time! Sounds like we have a better "reading team" taking care of the books now! :)
wren

Postby Goober on January 23rd, 2011, 4:03 pm

Not to be a pain but can someone spell out "Lucian" phonetically please. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on the auto-books yet and I'm still sure I'm screwing up the poor guys name.
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby susan60625 on January 23rd, 2011, 5:20 pm

I don't know if I'm right, but I always pronounce it as Loo-shen.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Jewelz on January 26th, 2011, 2:39 am

susan60625 wrote:I don't know if I'm right, but I always pronounce it as Loo-shen.

I've always pronounced Lucian's name like you Sue, but I think Lynsay calls him Loo-chin. I know a few months ago Lynsay had made a voice recording of the names. I can't remember where I downloaded it from. Does anyone remember? :?

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters