*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origins

Postby jill on February 20th, 2011, 11:57 am

I think your thinking maybe "mine" or "dead sexy " ;)
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Re: *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Name Pronunciations/Meanings & Origi

Postby Rawr on March 12th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Lynsay wrote:Nope, I pronounce is Lou-Chee-en which I believe is the french way to say it but could be wrong...never been to France. <grin> Although, they did invite me (my french publisher) They offered to fly me out in March and put me up in a hotel and everything, but sadly, I'll be mid-deadline on Jeanne Louise's book so had to say no. Sigh. No Paris for me in the Springtime.

Lynsay

hello Lynsay I'm back.... I saw that reply I somehow missed. Jeanne Louise's book? So you decided on her life mate hunh? 8D **hope of spoiler springs eternal**
Rawr

Postby looking4hrlifemate85 on June 2nd, 2011, 5:36 am

I can't seem to find that file on the name pronunciations and how would you say the name Drina?
looking4hrlifemate85

Postby Denise on June 3rd, 2011, 1:05 pm

Hmm, that sound file was located in the ex's LiveSpace. Wondering if Terri can get it put on Lynsay's site and provide a new link?
Denise

Postby wren on June 3rd, 2011, 6:21 pm

Denise wrote:Hmm, that sound file was located in the ex's LiveSpace. Wondering if Terri can get it put on Lynsay's site and provide a new link?

Denise, last time we were looking for the file, it wasn't available at that location any longer. LiveSpace has changed formats recently, with the spaces becoming wordpress blogs instead. Hopefully, Lyns & Terri still have the sound file, or perhaps Lynsay will make an updated file.

Hi, looking4hrlifemate85...I pronounce Drina like Dree-na, so that it rhymes with Sheena. 8-) Since Stephanie called her "Dree" in TRV, and Drina said that was what Beth called her too, it seemed to be the most logical way to me. I'm sure Lynsay will let us know if that's correct. :D
wren

Postby MysticFan on June 4th, 2011, 4:30 am

Just read the sneak peek of 'The Gift' & I was wondering how Katricia would be pronounced? I have an idea but just want to make sure I wasn't way off.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby sin on June 4th, 2011, 6:45 am

MysticFan wrote:Just read the sneak peek of 'The Gift' & I was wondering how Katricia would be pronounced? I have an idea but just want to make sure I wasn't way off.

Mystic I pronounce it like Patricia only with a K.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby MysticFan on June 4th, 2011, 7:16 am

sin wrote:
MysticFan wrote:Just read the sneak peek of 'The Gift' & I was wondering how Katricia would be pronounced? I have an idea but just want to make sure I wasn't way off.

Mystic I pronounce it like Patricia only with a K.

Thanks, Sin! That's pretty much how I had it. :) Also, this is just me thinking out loud, Marguerite is her Aunt... I think? I'm curious as to who her parents are. Has this information been told? Am I on the wrong path all together?...lol
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby sin on June 4th, 2011, 7:22 am

Not the wrong path at all. It was not reviled as yet. Which means to me that there is more to her and her parents that meet the eye. Yes Lucian, Margarito et al are Aunts & Uncles. I remember Lyns saying that there were other siblings both male & female of the Argeneau's that we have not met and that also are not longer around.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby ElectricFedora on June 12th, 2011, 12:31 pm

I wish I could see a full family tree with all of the newest and older additions on it.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters