The Villains

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

The Villains

Postby love2read on August 22nd, 2008, 2:34 am

Ok Wern mentioned in one of her posts about there being a thread in the old forum about the bad guys, and girls of the series, and i do not want any of the new members who were not there to miss out. :)

So have at it people, let go of all of your pent up emotions about the villians of the series. :twisted:

Rant away my fellow fans. :mrgreen:
love2read

Re: The Villains

Postby love2read on August 22nd, 2008, 2:38 am

To start off... !#SPOILER#!

Vita (VI) is a crazy witch (with a B instead of a W) hehe.... :mrgreen:

The reasons why i do not like her are many, but most of all because she tried to get Marguerite to kill Christen when he was a baby.

Last edited by love2read on August 22nd, 2008, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
love2read

Postby Denise on August 22nd, 2008, 2:40 am

Just don't forget to include a "SPOILERS" label if your rant has spoilers in it. There are always newbies to Lynsay's books on the board that have not had the chance to read all the books, yet.
Denise

Postby wren on September 4th, 2008, 3:56 am

***SPOILERS ~ about villains***

Father Joseph and Mike & Karen were just going on "vamp myths" and were just scared. The "cucumber guy" was just weird and following Father Joseph's lead, if I remember correctly. Also, he probably wanted some revenge on Lissianna because she was a pretty woman he knew he couldn't have.

Lily never grew up or was trained correctly...she was working out of revenge because of what she "thought" she had lost. She had choices, and she made bad ones.
William had warped her mind at such a young age, and she had lived in fear because of it instead of seeking help after he was killed. She thought he "loved" her...that's what pedophiles can do to a young one's mind. So, she had developed psychiatric problems also, but she still knew right from wrong. She didn't want to believe the truth, because that meant accepting that she had been a victim of William instead of his "love." Lily was a criminal, who had been affected by the events in her childhood, but did not have any excuse for her choices. I don't know what happened to her, because I don't know if she could have been rehabilitated. I don't know if we have ever been told if the council terminated her...but it seemed probable at the time.

Pudge was just nuts, in a truly insane way...he was a danger to anyone, even himself, because his beliefs and what he wanted were so far out there. It's why the immortals wanted him in a psychiatric hospital where he truly belonged...they did not really want to have to terminate him, because they knew his mind was fragmented and that they could not help him. Pudge didn't really even know right from wrong anymore. He had serious delusions, and didn't live in "the real world." I believe Lucian would have only ordered him terminated to protect both the immortals and other humans and to protect him from himself. That's why he needed Rachel's co-operation...he didn't want to have to order an insane man killed unless there was no other way.

Morgan's losses of his lifemate and JC drove him rogue and he was a coward, so his attitude was "I'm going to play the big bad vampire myth and take anyone else with me that I can." Seems a lot of those who go rogue that the enforcers must hunt go that way. On another post somewhere, I explained my view that Vita played a role in his and JC's ultimate destruction. The events she put in place and getting them to help her do the three on one led into the events that later destroyed them both. Oh, I know JC and Morgan were not innocent...they brought much of their unhappiness on themselves. However, Vita used them for her own gain, and brought about the final downfall for both of them. The only good that came out of Vita's interference was the births of Jean Claude's & Marguerite's other children.

As for Blondie, he worked for Vita. Maybe he was a mercenary, or maybe just under her control in some way. We know he referred to "the boss." She had to have used her abilities to get him terminated before he could be questioned by the council. He was a villain because he was doing whatever Vita ordered, and he was determined. He kind of reminds me of the guys in the mob movies who are the hitmen. He probably knew he would be killed if he did not succeed. I wouldn't be surprised if Vita didn't have an entire network of her own personal mobsters.

Vita...I don't think she was insane...I think she was pure evil. She knew what she was doing. It's interesting that Blondie referred to her as "the boss." That is exactly who she wanted to be. She knew right from wrong, but wasn't concerned by it. The concept was not important to her. She just wanted what she wanted and she hated her brother out of envy. Envy is different than and much worse than jealousy. With envy, you want what the other person has and you don't want them to have it. When you are jealous, you may want something like the other person has, but you don't necessarily want them to lose what they have. (Like when Lucern and Etienne had found their lifemates...Bastien was happy for them, but could sense a feeling of wanting his lifemate also...not jealous in an ugly sense, and certainly not wanting them to lose the happiness they had found. That is more along the lines of jealousy.)

That's why envy is among the seven deadlys. It wants to take what belongs to another, and it doesn't want another to have what rightfully belongs to them.
Yep, that was Vita...envious of her younger brother and the attention he received from the day he was born and of anything he had...even happiness with Margurite. So envious that she wanted to take his life away, kill his son...but smart enough to know she had to be careful. She knew her father didn't trust her...but she hadn't been caught yet. She had enough on JC and Morgan that they wouldn't ever come out against her...it would endanger themselves because of the things they had done. She simply hid beneath a pleasant facade, and bided her time while the evil inside of her continued to grow.

I wouldn't want to meet up with any of them, but I would rank them in this order as villains:

1. Vita: pure evil

2. Blondie: hitman for Vita, doesn't care who he hurts

3. Lily: allowed her life to turn her into a criminal

4. Morgan: willing to break the law with JC & allowed his losses to turn him rogue and cowardly to hurt others

5. Jean Claude: selfish and spoiled, allowed his losses to turn him to alcohol and to hurt others

6. Pudge: truly insane, delusional...he belonged in a psychiatric hospital because he would hurt others...

7. Father Joseph and Cucumber Guy (Dewayne): the priest was acting on his fears and beliefs about vampire myths... weird cucumber guy followed along and wanted revenge on Lissianna because he felt rejected. The priest was ignorant about the truth of the immortals, and Dewayne was a follower and a very insecure person.

8. Mike & Karen: acting out of fear for their son who they didn't want to become a vampire...going on vamp myths because they didn't know the truth and their son wasn't being truthful with them...but still sad because they should have talked to Elvi and Mabel...that kind of miscommunication can lead to many people getting hurt. Fear and ignorance can do that! Think of the Salem witch hunts, etc.

wren...who brought over this essay from my old forum posts! Imagebwahahahaha!
wren

Postby wren on September 4th, 2008, 4:09 am

Image***SPOILER ALERT***

From Jill: What I find interesting about Lily and Vita is the reasons for what they did.

Take Lilly first. She was abused. She was never able to have healthy relationship and she never would. I think her actions are explainable but not excusable. There are too many people who were in similar heinous situations as her and yet they chose to not do the things she did.

Vita was just a sociapath. She saw what she wanted and she went after it. She knew what she wanted was wrong. She just didn't care. The lengths and her determination that she went too were mind boggling. If she hadn't allow her emotional hatred for Julius to cloud her judgement she probably could have suceeded. Because really no one ever suspected except Julius father. And after a time even he began to believe that what he thought was wrong.

Sorry about the rambling but I find the reasons for peoples actions fascinating Image

From wren: Vita couldn't have a lifemate because she was incapable of LOVE! All she wanted was power...whatever love she may have had was only for herself and the power she could accumulate.

She also would not want to share her power. Loving means being able to give. Even if she met someone like herself, they would have made an evil couple for awhile...but they would have turned against each other in their quest for power.

Yep...Vita=pure evil.

As for Lily, she had so many years to learn the truth and to get help...during the time she was working for Vincent's company she came into contact with all kinds of other immortals. Vincent knew who she was, and was just willing to give her privacy. She could have made different choices, but she was just warped and she rationalized her actions by what had been done to William. She allowed her past circumstances to make her a criminal...and tried to justify it by what had happened in her life. Mentally and emotionally, she could have chosen to find out how to be helped...she wasn't unintelligent. Actually, she was quite clever. Unlike Pudge, she was not insane...being warped and being truly insane are not the same thing. Lots of people have things happen in their lives where they have to get physical or mental health care later, but they are sane. Medically speaking, Lily knew exactly what she was doing and did it out of revenge. She meant to hurt others.

Pudge's mind was truly fragmented...Etienne would have helped him in the beginning so that there would not have been a problem, but there was too much confusion in Pudge's mind for Etienne or any other of the immortals to help him even with the immense mental powers that they have. Medically, Pudge's mind was "broken," and there was no cure.

Analyzing characters...always interesting! Image

Both of these quotes are from the old forum also...I took the liberty of quoting jill! Thanks, J4!

I thought some of the ideas might stimulate others to comment, also! wren...Image
wren

Postby Denise on September 5th, 2008, 12:53 pm

*****VI SPOILERS*****

Vita has to be my most disliked simply because she was just pure evil. There were no other factors in her villainy, just her own jealous envy. I can almost feel sorry for all the others because I can understand their reasons. That doesn't excuse them for making bad choices, but I can understand. Vita, on the other hand, had no other factor other than jealousy.
Last edited by Denise on September 5th, 2008, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise

Postby Lynsay on September 5th, 2008, 1:25 pm

*****Spoiler***** The Immortal HunterWell I think it might be anyway, not sure.

I agree Vita is pretty heinous. She was old and vicious and cold as clams. So far she's probably the worst of them that you guys have met. . . But she'll soon have competition for head of the pack of villains. The villain in The Immortal Hunter is downright scary. Mad as hell (in the insane meaning of the word) and vicious. His name is Leonius Livius. That should tell you he's old. It may even tell you more.

Lynsay, who really wishes that book was coming out right now. Sigh. Honestly, I give away things all the time. Dave's lucky if I can keep his gifts a secret until Christmas day or his birthday. I HATE keeping secrets and am bad at it. Hence the reason I try to stay away from here.
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Denise on September 5th, 2008, 1:30 pm

That's quite alright, Lynsay. We'll happily absorb any secrets you may spill!
Denise

Postby love2read on September 5th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Its ok I don't mind if you want to post the whole book here... I promise not to tell anyone! really... :lol:
Anything you want to tell us is great.
love2read

Postby wren on September 6th, 2008, 11:33 am

Lynsay wrote:*****Spoiler***** The Immortal HunterWell I think it might be anyway, not sure.
I agree Vita is pretty heinous. She was old and vicious and cold as clams. So far she's probably the worst of them that you guys have met. . . But she'll soon have competition for head of the pack of villains. The villain in The Immortal Hunter is downright scary. Mad as hell (in the insane meaning of the word) and vicious. His name is Leonius Livius. That should tell you he's old. It may even tell you more.

Leonius Livius...a new name, but an odd, new, old name of a vicious madman who is worse than the pure evil Vita. I am on cloud nine as a name hunterImage...and Leonius Livius, I am already on to you! Sheesh, are you really that old?? Well, there are older, but perhaps you have let it drive you to insanity!

Oh well, Lynsay did say TIH was going to be darker and give away some new family secrets! Bwahahahahahah...Image
wren

Next

Return to Discuss The Characters