The Villains

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: The Villains

Postby Viv0323 on September 18th, 2008, 6:58 pm

Leonius Livius are Roman names...bluish lion??? :?
Vivian
Viv0323

Postby wren on September 19th, 2008, 6:18 am

Viv0323 wrote:Leonius Livius are Roman names...bluish lion??? :?

Yes, very old Roman names! Also notice that in the definition for Livius, it has "to envy" or "envious." Remember that envy was one of Vita's biggest problems!

I also found variations of Leonius derived for modern times, mostly from Leo, Leon, or Leonard with these meanings: lion-like & fierce, lion-strength, tenacious, heart of a lion, lion in the wood. Hmmm...Image

LEONIUS
Usage: Ancient Roman
Roman family name which was derived from Latin leo "lion".

LIVIUS
Usage: Ancient Roman
Roman family name which may be related to either Latin liveo "to envy" or lividus "blue, envious". Titus Livius, also known as Livy, was a Roman historian who wrote a history of the city of Rome.

Source: Behind The Name: Roman Names

Could Leonius go back to the Roman times, which would make him very old and strong? Also, What about bluish eyes or lion-like hair? Often family names came from a distinctive characteristic...such as Argeneau for "silver" or Notte for "dark or black."
wren

Postby KimberlyK on October 4th, 2008, 5:56 pm

From Wikipedia:

Leonius may refer to:

Leoninus (fl. 1150s — d. ? 1201), the first known significant composer of polyphonic organum;

the author of a versified Historia Sacra found in a manuscript of the Bibliothèque Nationale in Paris (see Leonine verse);

the probably apocryphal inventor of Leonine verse, if different from either or both of the preceding two persons.

The best explanation I could find of polyphonic organum can be found here:

http://paxdiero.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_archive.html

Scroll down until you reach "CD 4 - The Birth of Polyphony"

As for leonine verse, go here:

http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/lit_terms_L.html

and scroll down until you reach it.

Okay, guys. What can we deduce from this information? *grin* Have at it!
KimberlyK

Postby wren on October 4th, 2008, 11:24 pm

Kimberly, this is the connection! We now know from the family tree that Alexandria and Ramses did die when Mt. Vesuvius erupted. Acal had a post one time when we were discussing them and the date of their deaths, and said that two people perished...and one was a poet. So, poetry and verse somehow fit here.

I believe that Leonius was a peer of Alexandria and Ramses...much older than Vita Notte as she was born the same year as Lucian and Jean Claude. Lynsay also posted something that implied that Leonius had something to do with Alexandria and Ramses having the twins later...I just don't know how these three things are connected...verse, Alex & Ramses & Leonius, and the birth of the twins. I do have some ideas, but I need to think it through a little more! Also, my computer keeps having glitches, and I don't want to lose the post again! ;)

I'll have to hunt for those two posts. Lynsay's was recent, but Acal's was awhile back and I don't remember which thread. Oh, Mr. Spice, we sooooo need that search button...please!!!!

Hey Denise, we may have to email Acal again and tell him to stop by sometime! He was one of our best trivia experts! :D
wren

Postby Denise on October 5th, 2008, 2:10 am

OT: Yeah, I've contacted him a few times but he must be really busy.
Denise

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 6:15 am

Denise wrote:OT: Yeah, I've contacted him a few times but he must be really busy.

Denise, do you remember the post I'm talking about? When we were discussing when the fall of Atlantis occurred and looking at the death dates for Alexandria and Ramses, Acal brought up about Mt. Vesuvius...and he mentioned something about two people who died and who they were...and all I can remember was that one was a poet. You were a part of this discussion that I remember, but I don't know which topic we were in at the time! :? :?: I can't connect it to this topic about Leonius without seeing what we said at the time! {grrr}
wren

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 3:57 pm

You guys just keep hitting on these things, lol. The timeline for when the nanos were created is easier to work out from The Immortal Hunter. At least I think it's TIH. . . .hmm. . . yes, I'm pretty sure it's when Decker's explaining about Leonius and his origins. I think it explains how Alex and Ramses got together and how much later Lucian and Jean Claude were born.

Lynsay

Okay, I found this one just when I was reading on another thread! Now we need to find Acal's posts from that long ago discussion...and see if we can make any connections! sin is back, checking in, and she can find anything!! 8-)
wren

Postby sin on October 5th, 2008, 4:30 pm

wren.I could be wrong but, I believe what you seek was on the "old" forum.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 4:39 pm

sin wrote:wren.I could be wrong but, I believe what you seek was on the "old" forum.

Hmmm...very possible! I'll have to think about it and see what I come up with! Thanks, sis. :)
wren

Postby sin on October 5th, 2008, 4:46 pm

call me found it!!!

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters