The Villains

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: The Villains

Postby GiGi3 on October 21st, 2008, 12:33 pm

Lynsay wrote:Ummm, I think someone turned it on or whatever, because I saw search at the top, typed in the name Ramses and it pulled up 18 entries for me. So it IS working. Guess he just didn't let you know it had been turned on.

Lynsay

Lynsay,

I am not sure if things had changed, I am, not on as much I would like to be, but in the begining when you first switched over to the new forum, Mr. Spice had a lot of fuctions on for us, I used to be able to do a search. But with the few bugs they were playing around trying to fix in the begining he had to turn some functions off. I believe that and an email was shut off, because of bugs and for security reasons. You, Terri, and Mr. Spice will have all the functions on so that you can moderate the forum effectivly. Hopes this helps....gigi!!
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby Mr Spice on October 21st, 2008, 5:11 pm

We found the 'on' switch for the search function a few weeks back - so that is all up and running. The forum private messaging is deliberately turned off - that's a decision we took simply because we don't want host anything on the forum which we cannot moderate.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby GiGi3 on October 21st, 2008, 5:31 pm

Mr Spice wrote:We found the 'on' switch for the search function a few weeks back - so that is all up and running. The forum private messaging is deliberately turned off - that's a decision we took simply because we don't want host anything on the forum which we cannot moderate.

Thank you for that, and I totaly understand about the private messaging. If there is something that warrents being said in private, then they can use their personal email.
Image[/url]

GiGi3

Postby GiGi3 on January 13th, 2009, 10:02 pm

Lindsay wrote:Aww darn my inability to get on the boards in forever! Can we talk about the villains again? I missed it!

anything for you......
What did you have in mind?? I am always game for a good conversation/debate!!
Image[/url]

GiGi3

Postby wren on January 14th, 2009, 1:07 am

GiGi3 wrote:
Lindsay wrote:Aww darn my inability to get on the boards in forever! Can we talk about the villains again? I missed it!

anything for you......
What did you have in mind?? I am always game for a good conversation/debate!!

I am equally available for discussing the villains...or theories, conspiracies, and anything else that might come up in our conversation! ;)
wren

Postby Lynsay on January 29th, 2009, 12:19 pm

Ummm, gees . . . well, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings here, Lindsay, but basically rogues are put down like mad dogs. It's kind of necessary. Immortals don't have prisons, at least nothing more than temporary holding places. Besides, locking them up would be more than inhumane since a lifetime sentence would be . . . well, gees, a really long time.

As for Lily, she was quite damaged by her childhood and she'd killed mortals and immortals both in search of revenge for her abuser. She was quite mad. I felt bad for her too, but what can you do? She was a murderer and fed off the hoof as well, and she wasn't too conerned as to whether her feeding on mortals killed her victims. You didn't really think Lucian and the council would allow her to live, did you? Would you want her living next door to you and your family?

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on January 29th, 2009, 12:26 pm

Lynsay wrote:As for Lily, she was quite damaged by her childhood and she'd killed mortals and immortals both in search of revenge for her abuser. She was quite mad. I felt bad for her too, but what can you do? She was a murderer and fed off the hoof as well, and she wasn't too conerned as to whether her feeding on mortals killed her victims. You didn't really think Lucian and the council would allow her to live, did you? Would you want her living next door to you and your family?

Lynsay

I for one do not wish her or anyone like her living next door. It was really the only thing to do is put her out of her misery. She was unbalanced. I do not think no amount of therapy would have helped her.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Lynsay on January 29th, 2009, 2:31 pm

The real shame is that they weren't able to find and help her back when her sire was captured and put down. They might have been able to help her, maybe repair some of the damage and help her have a more normal life. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on January 29th, 2009, 2:35 pm

Maybe if something like that happens in the future they might be able to get help...

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on January 29th, 2009, 3:11 pm

Maybe the council members will now know to follow someone like Lily if such an incident happens again at the time they terminate the rogue pedophile...we have to remember that psychiatry and psychology and sociology have come a long way since Lily was originally turned...she said to Jackie that she had "suffered for a hundred years over what happened." (ABTR p. 346) Lily's mental health was destroyed. She no longer cared to discern between good & evil or right & wrong, even when she worked around other immortals and had the chance to try to get help. Even in the last 50 years, much has changed in the way people are treated when these kinds of things happen to them, and they no longer have to be institutionalized or incarcerated.

Although she looked only 15yo, Vincent had mentioned to Jackie that she was a lot older. He just didn't talk about it because he thought it was Lily's private business, and had no idea she had such resentment against him or anyone else. Lily had eventually learned to keep her immortal identity hidden with contacts to hide her eyes...and gave the perception that she was a "stable" person. Because she fled, nobody knew that William had kept her so tied to him that she didn't know how to survive after his death. That just further warped her mind over the years, as she believed her "love" had been punished for no reason (that's important in understanding her mind) and she had been left not knowing how to take care of herself. Instead of overcoming, as the years passed, she "chose" to continue to believe William had loved her and plotted revenge and murder. Lily was intelligent, as she survived that long and eventually developed and carried out her warped plans...but she was still 12-15yo in body, mind, & spirit in every other way.

With immortals like Dr. Greg Hewitt's & Lissianna's help, they might could rehabilitate and help a victim of such abuse now, if they were caught while still a child. At the time, the council members who terminated William let Lily go when she ran, but they probably thought she knew how to survive. Also, she was running from them because she thought they were going to terminate her, too. They didn't know the extent of the damage...they believed their job was finished when they "rescued" her from the rogue preying on her, especially when she ran. They turned their attention to the next rogues and council business to be handled. Now, the immotals have doctors and other professionals who could help rehabilitate any children turned and preyed upon. Lily was still young and could have been fed properly and taught to live as an immortal and possibly have overcome what had been done to her by William. She could have learned she was a victim, and possibly matured in body and spirit and learned to live a full life. It is sad...but over a hundred years ago, it's just the way it happened. Knowing as much about mental health issues as I do today, it makes it very believable...a genuine story. If Lily could have been rehabilitated, I don't think she would have come across as such a "real" person to us.

The nanos nor the immortals have the ability to repair this kind of damage unless it is caught quickly, nor can the immortals mind control abilities repair insanity as in Pudge's case in Love Bites. The immortals do everything they can to help those who have been hurt, mortal or immortal, but sometimes it's beyond even their advanced science and extended abilities. In those cases, they have to do what is best overall for their people. :cry:

I don't know if that is how Lynsay intended Lily's story, but that is what I came away with concerning her. A Bite To Remember has always been my favourite book. What a fascinating twist!
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters