Alexandria and Ramses

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Alexandria and Ramses

Postby katbrower on September 12th, 2008, 7:55 am

Okay the general knowledge and belief is that they are dead, but what if they aren't.

Hear me out on this one. It is possible they both died during the eruption of Mt Vesuvius. But could the eruption of put their nano's in a stasis instead. Remember most of the people who were killed in the pyroclastic flow the bodies are still completly intact, and the people who were killed by being buried in ash are also intact as well. It is possible either way for the nanos to be so overworked by trying to repair the damage the ash was doing that is was not possible for Alex and Ramses to escape. Pompeii and Herculian are still being excavated and ruins are still being uncovered. Many of the bodies are being taken to naples and being cleaned up for display, although the ones that were buirred in ash are just casts while the ones killed in the Nude Ardent are the actual bodies. Maybe at some point the nanos are revived and revive Alex and Ramses, or maybe only one of them is brought back.

Just a thought here, what do ya'll think?
katbrower

Re: Alexandria and Ramses

Postby Mr Spice on September 12th, 2008, 9:37 am

You had me right up to the word pyroclastic...
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby katbrower on September 12th, 2008, 10:58 am

Sorry I study natural disasters, as a hobby. But think of how it affected Lucian and JC to not only lose their lifemates in a Volcanic eruption, but later their parents as well.
katbrower

Postby love2read on September 12th, 2008, 4:10 pm

Alexandria and Ramases did not die until much later on after they had thier kids, Lucain, Jean Cluade, Martine, Armand, and Victor. I personally have to thoeris of where they are now. First the most obvious is that they died somehow, and second is that they could not handle such a changing worl around them that they went off somewhere alone and are living thier lives together. Like on an Island or something. that is just what i think.
love2read

Postby wren on September 12th, 2008, 5:33 pm

katbrower & love2read, we know that Lynsay has established that the Immortals are extremely flammable. The Immortals can die three ways: beheading, a stake or other object lodged in the heart that eventually stops it if the object is not removed in time, and by burning. It seems that Alexandria and Ramses would have completely burned up, even more so than a mortal regardless of the nanos, unless they had a lot of blood and someone to help them survive.

Also, we don't know that they died in the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. That has been mentioned as a possiblity on the forum because of the dates of their deaths listed on the family tree in the front of the books. As far as I know, it is not mentioned in any book nor has Lynsay ever posted about it that I can remember, and those are the only things that are "canon." We can come up with our theories, but only what is written or what Lynsay actually tells us counts as "canon." Personally, I do not believe Alexandria and Ramses are still living, because there is an actual date of death on the family tree. Also, as her children's mother, Alexandria is kind of like the "sire" of her children as the nanos pass from mother to child, so they would have felt her death through the connection of the nanos, although that hasn't been mentioned in the books. We do know that Marguerite has a special connection to her children, though, and also that she felt Jean Claude's actual death by fire through the nanos because he was her sire.

Only Lynsay can confirm or deny it for us...if it's time to tell us one way or the other! Bwahahahahahaha! Image Welcome to the fun, kat!! :lol:

wren...who finds these new ideas Image...fascinating, although I did have to look up "pyroclastic."
wren

Postby Denise on September 12th, 2008, 6:08 pm

I'm of the belief that they are dead because of the date listed on the Family Tree. But it would certainly be interesting if they weren't. Maybe there is a yet unknown to the masses place that immortals go when they are tired of life amongst the mortals and they just sort of "retire" there and are listed as dead in records. Hmm.. maybe that is where Armand has disappeared to?
Last edited by Denise on September 13th, 2008, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise

Postby Copper on September 13th, 2008, 4:06 am

if they died in the volcano they wouldnt survive with the heat from the ash would burn them alive if they had survived like the kids then you do wonder where they have been
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Return to Discuss The Characters