Lucian

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Lucian

Postby MysticFan on January 16th, 2010, 3:42 am

LOL Omgosh that is toooo funny!! See I saw the L and my mind automatically thought it was Lucern.. the bad thing is that I even typed the wrong name..LOL That is exactly who I was talking about though. Thanks so much for pointing that out to me.. mannn, I feel stupid :D ! But that just goes to show u how those guys can make ur mind do crazy things...LOL Now I definitely can't wait to read the rest of the books to find out more about this Lucian :lol: Thanks again Hun!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby wren on January 16th, 2010, 10:12 am

susan60625 wrote:
MysticFan wrote:I'm new to the Argeneau series... I have read Single White Vampire and Tall Dark and Hungry.. Buttt those 2 books were all it took for me to get HOOKED..lol I am now in the process of getting every book. I wish in the worst way that these books could be made into movies.. that would be so amazing ;) Maybe Jonathan Rhys Meyers could portray the character of Lucian :P

MysticFan, First let me welcome you to the wonderful world of the Argeneaus. You'll find as you read the rest of the books that your addiction only gets worse!

One itsy bitsy problem with your post. You listed the two books you read and you then mentioned Lucian. The problem is that Lucian isn't in either of those two books. You probably meant Lucern. Lucian is Lucern's and Bastien's uncle and he is one of the original immortals from Atlantis. He is, at least, mentioned in most of the other books so you will meet him soon. He also has ice blond hair, so Jonathan Rhys Meyers wouldn't cut it for him.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the books. They are all wonderful.

MysticFan, I join Sue in welcoming you to our wonderful forum! We are a close, happy group who love newbies to join us...but you don't get to stay a newbie around here. We want you to be involved, so jump in anywhere! :D Registered members who get involved and become trusted active members of the forum are promoted to Immortal status by Mr Spice, our moderator & Lynsay's in real life hubby. Mr Spice, Lynsay, and her assistant, our forum admin House-Elf Tori (Terri, who also happens to be Lynsay's sister) post and answer our questions and keep our forum warm & cozy. You'll find that it's a great place to enjoy spending time with other fans of Lynsay's work. Yes, when it says Lynsay, it is really her posting...I have seen no other forum where an author and her family take care of their fans in such a great way. This is Lynsay's official forum, so if they say something here, you know you have the latest news! :)

Hope you will go answer the "Getting To Know You" questions on the General Discussion sections sub-forum. It's a way for us to all get to know one another better & see what we have in common...very general & safe questions as Lynsay & Mr Spice are very careful about internet safety for us...there is also a Quirky Questions quiz that is a lot of fun. It's a great place to start. They only take a few minutes. You can read ours while you are there! ;)

Jonathan Rhys Meyers might be great for Lucern, who does have dark hair...or he might use a blond wig if he were to be cast as Lucian. (Jason Issacs looks superb in that ice blond wig in the Harry Potter movies Image...and he is very easy on the eyes in his normal dark hair, also! Image Some actors/actresses will bleach/dye their hair for a role.) Either way, if you think Lucern is grumpy, wait until you meet our beloved Lucian! No more to be said, as I don't want to spoil it for you! Btw, you get your first glimpses of Lucian in A Quick Bite, Lissianna's story, which is book 1 (the first four books were published out of order) and Love Bites, Etienne's story, which is book 2. (You have just finished Books 3 & 4) It's not uncommon for Lucian's & Lucern's names to be confused at first, but there should be a thread for Lucern so you can enjoy discussing his antics. *giggle* You can now pick up books 1 & 2 and you'll be caught up on reading order. The books all stand alone, but you will enjoy the details in future books by reading in them in order.

I hope you enjoy all of the books like we do, and get involved here on the best forum anywhere. We love making new friends, and discussing the books, playing games, and just having fun together. Be sure to sign up for Lynsay's newsletter. You can do that on the website home page. Oh, the joys of being new to the wonderful Immortals of the Argeneau series...Happy Reading, new friend!! Image

You may enjoy our participating in our "Casting the Characters" thread on the "Discuss the Series" Argeneau section of the forum. That is where we fantasize about which actors we would love to see play our beloved Immortals. The ideal actors are in the eyes of the beholder. I cast Alan Rickman for almost any immortal in any of the books and I'm always told "he's too old" but it doesn't deter me...just ask my sweet forum sisters and our dear Mr Spice! ( :lol: I'm laughing with them at myself, now.) Hmmm, It's time to go look up a recent photo of Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

the always 'chatty' wren Image
wren

Postby wren on January 16th, 2010, 10:28 am

MysticFan wrote:LOL Omgosh that is toooo funny!! See I saw the L and my mind automatically thought it was Lucern.. the bad thing is that I even typed the wrong name..LOL That is exactly who I was talking about though. Thanks so much for pointing that out to me.. mannn, I feel stupid :D ! But that just goes to show u how those guys can make ur mind do crazy things...LOL Now I definitely can't wait to read the rest of the books to find out more about this Lucian :lol: Thanks again Hun!

We even have a thread on the general discussion about how the Argeneaus affect our lives. :lol: Also, there is a thread where you can tell us about your avatar/signature...it's always interesting to learn about what someone has chosen, even if you change them from time to time.

Don't feel stupid or silly...we all do these crazy things here, and we are all addicts on this forum. ImageI can tell you are meant to be a SASSy ARGENEAUT...our unofficial "official forum" name for ourselves as a group. It stands for Sands And Spice Society, and the ARGENEAUT is from the Argeneaus, of course. *grin* The SASSy part includes all of Lynsay's readers of both genders, who like the paranormal series & Lynsay's other work. She also writes the "hysterical historicals" as we affectionately call them and many anthologies.

I'm waiting to see if you love the Young Yummy Immortals, the Grumpy Old Vamps, or a combo of The Young & The Grumpy the best...you'll see more about each group as you read through the forum. ;)

Since this is his thread, just for our GOV leaders sin & Copper & their fan group....LUCIAN!

{{hugs}} wren
wren

Postby Denise on January 16th, 2010, 1:48 pm

MysticFan wrote:I wish in the worst way that these books could be made into movies.. that would be so amazing ;)

It would be great. But whether they could cast it to make us happy would be a different story. But I'd be happy to see them at least attempt it.
Denise

Postby ThePuppy on January 22nd, 2010, 3:16 pm

:D I was so happy to see that Lucian is finally going to get a baby. I think he would be an adorable father even if he as a grump some times.
ThePuppy

Postby MysticFan on January 23rd, 2010, 1:34 pm

I just finished "A Quick Bite" and that was the first time I was introduced to Lucian. Now as I get on here and read the post and see all this about him becoming a father I am sooo excited to get to his book and find out what is going on..lol He seems to be so manly and yummy ;)

MysticFan

Postby sin on January 23rd, 2010, 9:10 pm

MysticFan wrote:He seems to be so manly and yummy ;)

Oh he most certainly is..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby lynnzerben on January 28th, 2010, 6:50 pm

MysticFan wrote:I just finished "A Quick Bite" and that was the first time I was introduced to Lucian. Now as I get on here and read the post and see all this about him becoming a father I am sooo excited to get to his book and find out what is going on..lol He seems to be so manly and yummy ;)

We love Lucian :D
If you were wondering his book is Bite Me if You Can.
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

Postby MysticFan on January 29th, 2010, 1:09 pm

So I just finished Bite Me If You Can at 4am this morning. I LOVED the book and let me just say that I am now the newest fan of Lucian. . . He's amazing :P

MysticFan

Postby lynnzerben on January 29th, 2010, 11:47 pm

Welcome to the club. I think we need T-shirts or something.
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters