Victor's 1st Wife

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Victor's 1st Wife

Postby Denise on October 4th, 2008, 1:39 am

Okay, I was browsing through ABTR and came across this. It strikes me as odd every time I read it so I'll put it out there for you guys. This information comes after Jackie asks about immortal funerals, Vincent comments that he's never been to one.
"But surely you've known others who have died?" she asked with amazement. "What about your mother?"
"She was burned at the stake," he reminded her quietly. "There was nothing left to bury. My father searched the ashes, but there was nothing."
Jackie stared at him blankly, finding it impossible to believe that in medieval times they'd managed a fire so hot it had destroyed even the bones. Surely there should have been something left?

Every time I read this it makes me stop and question, too. There should have been something left to bury. So why wasn't there? IIRC, she was also expecting when she was killed. So was Armand's first wife. Just seems more than coincidence to find two immortal women in the same family, supposedly killed when the were expecting. Maybe a secret society is at work. And with the "surprises" revealed in Decker's story, it makes me wonder even more.
Last edited by Denise on October 14th, 2008, 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Denise

Re: Victor's 1st Wife

Postby katbrower on October 4th, 2008, 1:43 am

Oh Conspiracy! Even JC didn't burn up completly and I'm sure the house was much more flamable with liquer and what not. There probally is a centuries old organization dedicated to wiping out "vampires" Maybe my thoughts about Armand being selfish is wrong and he is trying to destroy them from within.
katbrower

Postby Denise on October 4th, 2008, 1:51 am

Well, they say later that they think the nanos feed the fire to make it hotter. But that just doesn't sit right with me.
Last edited by Denise on October 14th, 2008, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise

Postby wren on October 4th, 2008, 9:42 am

Marguerite says that they are very flammable...and Jean Claude would have burned completely had Morgan not pulled him from the fire. Usually, there is nothing left of the immortals...unlike when a mortal burns. I'll have to look for it, but it may be in LB, when they are explaining to Rachel about being an immortal from a "scientific viewpoint." The immortals being so flammable may be one of the things that Bastien has had researched at the Argeneau Labs.

Even in medieval times, they would have been able to make a bonfire...and if the nanos fed the fire to burn the immortals, there wouldn't have been anything left, which would have fed the frenzy of those persecuting anyone they suspected to be a witch or vampire, don't you think? I agree with you though...there is something going on and don't forget that vampire hunters have been around a long time!

This should be a very interesting discussion! :)
wren

Postby Denise on October 4th, 2008, 4:30 pm

Wren, that's what I was talking about. In ABTR after the above mentioned conversation, they say that Bastien says the nanos feed the fire or something. But it still smells fishy to me.
Denise

Postby wren on October 4th, 2008, 11:43 pm

Denise wrote:Wren, that's what I was talking about. In ABTR after the above mentioned conversation, they say that Bastien says the nanos feed the fire or something. But it still smells fishy to me.

Still, the new family tree doesn't show a line for the birth of another possible child for Victor and Marion, so I believe they both perished in the fire. Unless...do you believe she was kidnapped instead, and taken away where her mind was wiped? Now, that could be possible with this Leonius running around. He is more evil and more of a madman than Vita Notte. If he had a particular grudge against the Argeneaus, Marion and Susanna could both be alive...and not know who they are or what happened. Perhaps it's possible that he did kill the mothers after he took the children, and then created his own "family" to grow up and do his bidding!

Both wives had to be born immortals, or neither Victor nor Armand could have turned anyone. We know that Victor was allowed to turn Elvi, so that means he had never had to use his "one turn." We also know that if they were born immortals, then neither Victor nor Armand were their "sires" and so the connection of the nanos that Marguerite speaks of between sires and their turns wouldn't be there. Remember, she could feel through the connection of the nanos when Jean Claude had really died ...and he was almost burned to death, so she could feel the fire, even though Morgan got him out before he died from it. Lucian simply spared her from ever knowing what had taken place at Jean Claude's request, and until it became necessary to reveal it in VI.

It's also interesting that a last name appears on the family tree for Marion. Why? It says Marion Sarrah. It didn't in the books and it doesn't have a last name for Armand's wives. Hmmmm....twilight theme song here..... :twisted:
wren

Postby Denise on October 5th, 2008, 2:08 am

Lots to speculate on, but I'm shot for the day. Will have to think some more tomorrow.
Denise

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 5:09 am

Wren, when i saw that in family tree i thought that was her middle name. Is that a diff spelling for Sara/Sarah?
lisa

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 6:02 am

lisa wrote:Wren, when i saw that in family tree i thought that was her middle name. Is that a diff spelling for Sara/Sarah?

It is a rare variation on Sarah/Sara, and a very rare surname from what I can find. However, none of the others have just a middle name listed on the tree. Usually, when the name is listed like that, it is the last name or maiden name of the life mate. I did think it might be the name of the baby who perished in the fire with her. She and Victor may have had already picked the baby's name?
wren

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 6:05 am

Thanks Wren, I just thought it was one of those french name things like Jeanne Louise.
lisa

Next

Return to Discuss The Characters