Victor's 1st Wife

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Victor's 1st Wife

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 6:12 am

lisa, it could be a double-name...common here in the deep south USA also! :lol:
wren

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 6:19 am

Its common in TN also, but I just think of Armand as being french ( we dont get too many Armands around here)
lisa

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 6:25 am

lisa wrote:Its common in TN also, but I just think of Armand as being french ( we dont get too many Armands around here)

Well...you have to think of when he was born (1100 BC) and that it is French meaning "Army Man, soldier, strong."
From what I've read while looking up names, it is growing in popularity again! :) Remember, Armand is the brother who had the three wives (Susanna, Althea, and Rosamund) but not all were life mates.

Victor is the one who was married to Marion Sarrah, his first true life mate.
wren

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 6:29 am

Says alot about the world we live in now, doesnt it, that a mother and father would look at a tiny baby and think "army man " :cry:
lisa

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 6:34 am

Thanks again Wren for straightening me out. I need to put a copy of a family tree next to computer. You think maybe lynsay has a wall completely devoted to family trees at her house? Think i saw a crossword puzzle like that in a catalog that was wallpaper that was a HUGE crossword with a little book asking all the questions!
lisa

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 6:42 am

lisa wrote:Says alot about the world we live in now, doesnt it, that a mother and father would look at a tiny baby and think "army man " :cry:

Alas...but that has been the way of the world since the "Fall of Eden!" :cry:
Since then, in general, we have needed those "army men" to protect the rights and freedoms that we cherish...and we have respected and cared for those who do that which is good, rather than evil, with that calling. {sigh}
wren

Postby love2read on October 6th, 2008, 1:00 am

I have been reading the thread and think that now is a good time to jump in and say I definalty feel that there is more going on here than meets the eye when it comes to the frist wives of Victor and Armand. I wonder what Lynsay has hidden up her sleeve? I cannot wait to find out!!! :D
love2read

Postby Mr Spice on October 6th, 2008, 12:39 pm

lisa wrote:Says alot about the world we live in now, doesnt it, that a mother and father would look at a tiny baby and think "army man " :cry:

In certain earlier time periods it wasn't at all unusual for children to have their life roles allocated to them at a very early age - often before birth. Children would be destined - and educated for - a life in the forces, or the priesthood, or the law or medicine as decided by the social practices of the day . And for girls it could be even more restrictive as they could often be seen as nothing more than promissory offerings in marriage to other powerful families in order to cement alliances or shore up difficult relationships during turbulent times.

I think we often forget that what we, today, accept as our social and familial norms, wasn't always the case and that, in the past, what was considered normal could be very different from what is now viewed as being acceptable.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby jill on October 12th, 2008, 7:34 am

That is very true Mr. Spice as history has proven the case. Times change and what is the norm changes.

On a different note...Victors 1st Wife...the way she was killed I assumed she was done and out of picture...but do we have theories now that this wasn't the case? Am I missing something.....
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Mr Spice on October 12th, 2008, 10:10 am

Who can say quite what may be cooking in that bubbling cauldron inside Lynsay's head?
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters