Grant

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Grant

Postby Denise on October 5th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Okay, since we are speculating so much about him I thought he deserved his own thread.

************POSSIBLE SPOILERS TRH************

I think Grant is going to play a big part in Decker's story since it starts the next day. I also think his might be the "surprise" story that Lynsay mentioned coming after... was it after Tiny's story (Tiny's is after Decker's isn't it?)? I can't remember. And I think his being out there by himself is a mystery that has to be solved. Okay, face it. I like his character and want to see him get a story.
Denise

Re: Grant

Postby alabaster on October 7th, 2008, 10:04 pm

My thoughts on the elusive Grant.

As I was reading through the Rogue Hunter in about an hour and a half (i must learn to NOT READ SO FAST!) I thought to myself. "self, what if the reason Grant is at the lake, is because of the sisters, that he does so much for." We know that neither Bricker or Pimms are lifemates to the sisters, as they could control them, but what if Grant has done all that he has for the girls, because... wait for it. He felt a connection to the girls as children.

Who knows if he has been there for eons or not? Perhaps he has had the old house for many many years, before it became cottage country. One of the sisters said that Grant had taken over the house after the old caretaker died(well what if the caretaker hadn't died, or moved, just changed names...changed memories. whatever.

They had stated numerous times that it was just a guy that would help out, when they weren't there. what better way to enlist the trust of the mortals (especially if one of the mortals is a potential lifemate) than to squeak in silently just becoming a fixture.

I know I'm grasping at straws, and my self even told me "Look, the sisters might not get the hook up." But I'm on a roll and can't stop thinking. I think that it would be great if Grant did find that one of the remaining sis's were his life mate. that would make the total 2 down one to go.

then of course we have a few others out there that could be a perfect match. I just so want it all to work out alright. :D granted the ending was darn near perfect.

can't wait for the next one, now to nurse the migraine i got going on
alabaster

Postby wren on October 8th, 2008, 4:45 am

Ooooh, Alabaster, I know about migraines. Hope you feel better soon!

Love the theory on Grant. We need to pursue this one more!! :lol:
wren

Postby Denise on October 8th, 2008, 2:12 pm

Alabaster, I think you may have just hit the nail on the head! That makes sense and I hadn't thought of that. Grant would make a perfect lifemate for one of the sisters, maybe Alex since she's always baking him pies. And then that would be two sisters with lake cottages, since Mortimer said he'd be looking for a place close by, leaving Jo to have their cottage. With Decker, Alex, Jo and Sam/Mortimer all having lake cottages, we've got another Immortal vacation spot to go with Port Henry!
Denise

Postby love2read on October 8th, 2008, 11:55 pm

I love that theory on Grant and one of the sisters because I really want them to be immortals with sam. Ok another thoeory what if Jo is life mate to......Donny! (From BMIYC) i mean he used to work in a bar with leigh and maybe he got another job in one and jo and him someday meet? Or am i just grasping at straws? I just really want for Alex and Jo to find someone too! they are great characters!! :P
love2read

Postby Denise on October 9th, 2008, 4:27 am

I was considering Jo and Donny as a possibility, too.
Denise

Postby alabaster on October 9th, 2008, 7:30 am

ahh but what of donny? Jo, who is currently managing a bar, who has plans to go into something else, but for the life of me and 12 hours of nursing home nursing hell, I'm not sure what she was going to school for...

Sam is the lawyer right? So for a lawyer and a 'police' officer/enforcer type to hook up that makes excellent sense. they have something in common, and when she becomes (and i'm a full believer that she WILL become immortal) she can be the common sense of the enforcer crew, the one to sock it to our dear loving 'big bad boss' (who is currently a little less gruff, and a lot more in love.

I think that thought Tiny is not an immortal as of yet, perhaps.. just maybe since he does know of the immortal ways and finds himself perhaps thrust into one of the sisters, that provisions may be made. We know that our dear margeurite has at least one turn (or has she used it already)

and along those lines, if you have turns each has one? is it just the ones born into it, with a turn? Or those who have been turned as well. If that is the case then Rachel may turn one human. And bob the house keeper from 1702 who was accidently turned while mopping up the blood of the french 'la rue' dude. (yes he was made up.. )

See my thing, I love that they can only turn one individual, but that still leaves oodles and boodles of turns, and kate well our dear kate had things work out for her, so perhaps.. our sisters can as well.

At the very least there will be problems and descension in the ranks of the sisters. As the years go on poor Sam will have to make a choice, either lose the boy all together or still lose her sisters. This is a point she has not thought of at length. If she loves Mortimer as much as she thinks she does, then she will not be able to give him up when the years begin to age her.

After fifteen or so years, when morti doesnt age, her sisters will notice, and then the problems begin. Not to mention the "Trio" of minds that will have to meet to demand her silence. I think that with or without her sisters she will come to the decision that perhaps her love is worth the effort.

Oh how much it would have helped to have margeurite to explain how she could keep in contact through email/phone long after the aging would be noticeable, and that would give them time to find their own life mates.

however, that would lead us to a similar situation and our lynsay would never lead us down the same roud thrice.

Back to Grant,

I just really see him and one of the sister's meshin up. For an immortal to stick his neck out like that to help mortals, instead of fading in the background so that he can continue to live there in peace, it seems a bit like he 'needs' to be seen.

Do i think he will be an integral part in the next hunter book? Oh yes, much. I think he may even be a bigger part of the solution than we are giving him credit for. I have a feeling that the enforcers, while most are a tight unit knowing each other, are not always aware of the others in the area. Perhaps he was stationed there eons ago, to watch over the world.

Perhaps not.

Perhaps he got tired of living so far away from all contact, and decided that instead of city life, he'd just choose the quiet life that suddenly became a tourist trap in the summer. Who knows.

All I know for sure, is... if he's eating the pies... that the sister is cooking....

something is up. :D
alabaster

Postby Lynsay on October 9th, 2008, 11:14 am

Grant has been up in cottage country a long time. But he's only been next door to the girls for a couple years at the moment. You know, it's the old have to move every ten years or so thing. So while he's been in cottage country a while, he's only been on that lake the last couple years. You'll see Grant again at the start of The Immortal Hunter

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on October 9th, 2008, 11:16 am

:idea: Wonder if he will become an enforcer? Just thinking out loud..Thank you Lynsay..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby jill on October 12th, 2008, 7:25 am

Thanks Lynsay for the tidbit. So he will show up in the Immortal Hunter? I wonder if he is possibly a lifemate to someone else. Possibly Elspeth Decker's sister. She comes to use Deckers cottage knows of Grant and bam...lifemates. Just a theory of course...
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Next

Return to Discuss The Characters