LUCERN

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: LUCERN

Postby GiGi3 on October 23rd, 2008, 5:04 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
sin wrote:life was simpler back then. not to mention gas cheaper. lol

Every time people get nostalgic for the past I'm always reminded of the 'Four Yorkshire Men' sketch from Monty Python - particularly apt, considering Yorkshire is my home county.

I love MONTY PYTHON..silly walker and such, but I don't remember the "FOUR YORKSHIRE MEN" can you jag my memory!
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby GiGi3 on October 23rd, 2008, 5:05 pm

sin wrote:
Rockie....love THE BREAKFAST CLUB, 16 CANDLES, PRETTY IN PINK.........and of course, the movie instrumental in my persuit of the mythilogical! "LEGEND" (anyone remeber that one? and who starred in it??)

Was a great movie. and the actor. oh yeah...

no on believes me, but it was a really REALLY young TOM CRUISE!!
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby jill on October 24th, 2008, 6:12 am

I believe you Gigi because I remember the movie. And it was not a bad movie. Kinda strange but pretty decent. Wow now I am going back back back to the 80s. Love all those John Hughes movies...

I was so totally in love with Judd Nelson lol. Hehe Kimberly doesn't that remind you of Pysch and Shawn.

And of course so that I wont be going totally of topic ........I HEART LUCERN
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby rockie on October 24th, 2008, 2:38 pm

jill wrote:And of course so that I wont be going totally of topic ........I HEART LUCERN

I fully agree with you on that I heart Lucern! mahahaha!
rockie, who had to put her two cents in! and who is listening to"Hicktown" by: Jason Aldean!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby jill on October 24th, 2008, 7:03 pm

Gasp Rockie you too heart Lucern. Okay fellow forum members not that I am keeping track (but because I am keeping track) another one come over to the Lucern side. hehe sorry couldn't resist. :twisted:
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby rockie on October 27th, 2008, 8:36 am

Yeppers Jill its true I heart Lucern!!
He is my number one! :lol:
rockie, who is going to class.. ugh! *sigh*
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby wren on October 27th, 2008, 1:39 pm

rockie wrote:Yeppers Jill its true I heart Lucern!!
He is my number one! :lol:
rockie, who is going to class.. ugh! *sigh*

rockie, your dear Lucern would approve of you going to class...after all, he first started out his published writing career with history texts for college classes! LOL

And...another one falls for the charm of Lucern! ;) (for some reason I want to insert the music of Queen here...la-la-la lalalala la la la! :lol: )

Jill, I will admit...if the choice was only between L, L, V...Lucern is the man on my top five list, sweet sis! He is my grumpy old vamp...besides I read SWV first and it has always been special! :D
wren

Postby rockie on October 27th, 2008, 3:40 pm

wren wrote:rockie, your dear Lucern would approve of you going to class...after all, he first started out his published writing career with history texts for college classes! LOL

And...another one falls for the charm of Lucern! ;) (for some reason I want to insert the music of Queen here...la-la-la lalalala la la la! :lol: )

Jill, I will admit...if the choice was only between L, L, V...Lucern is the man on my top five list, sweet sis! He is my grumpy old vamp...besides I read SWV first and it has always been special! :D

I so went to class! well not all of them! I went to all but one..
Well I only have three today! which is awesome! But yeah I only went to 2 of them! What can you say! Im a lazy college kid!!! :lol:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby wren on December 14th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Hello & Welcome YellowEyedVamp to the greatest forum anywhere. :D Hmmm...yellow eyes...you wouldn't be related to Z & Phury, would you? :lol: Oh wait, that's the BDB series! LOL Much darker paranormal vampires books than Lynsay's Argeneau Immortals, but some of us do enjoy it and for others it's just not their cup of tea.

We have a fantastic time here and are always ready to meet new friends and have them become part of the forum friends, also know as the SASSy ARGENEAUTS. SASSy stands for Sands and Spice Society, and Argeneuts speaks for itself! ;) Lynsay does pop in to post when she can between writing the books, so you will see her. Also, Mr. Spice, her in real life husband, Dave, is our forum moderator, so he pops in to tease us about upcoming books and just chat here & there. They are both wonderful people!

I've been on the forum awhile now, and so far I don't know of any movie in the works. Mr. Spice will be able to tell us more. Several of us have wished for it, and feel the same way you do. Lynsay is a fabulous writer, but very modest about her work. She is uncomfortable promoting herself or being the center of attention in a group. She prefers to write, and then spend time with her family, including her cyber-family here on the forum...so I have doubts that she would ever approach anyone about the series being made into movies herself. Have you read any of the other books yet? You will love them all, and will read them over & over. Lynsay makes each character come to life, and each book is unique! You will have your favourites...Lucern has his own fan club, as do many other main characters...and a few secondary characters. We are all waiting eagerly for Decker's book which will be released in March '09. If you started with Single White Vampire like I did, then go back and begin with Lissianna's book, A Quick Bite. It was published out of order, as Lynsay's previous publisher wanted to do the three brothers stories first, but it's actually book one in the series! It won't mess you up at all to have started with SWV...many of us have and only A Quick Bite and Love Bites come before it. After that, the series begins to build on itself a little. Each book does stand alone, but there are those little details that you appreciate more when you read a series in order. On the website, you can see a list of all of the books in reading order. Love Bites (Etienne's story) and Tall, Dark & Hungry (Bastien's story) are also being rereleased with the new matching covers to the rest of the series, so you may want to borrow them from a library until they come out. Or, if you have become an avid (or is that rabid ;) ) collector like some of us, now is the time to get the original cartoon covers while you can! :lol:

If you like historicals, you will enjoy Lynsay's. We affectionally call them the hysterical historicals.
The next one, Devil Of The Highlands, comes out in January and will be the first since her move to Avon/Harper Collins.

So 'happy reading' in your spare time to get ready for book 11, the story of Decker Argeneau Pimms, and 'happy writing' on your stories. There are a few other writers among our happy forum also. Oh, just one thing...we are allowed to play games on the general section that are related to the books or just for fun, and have several that you may want to "join", but no fan fiction or personal written works can be put on the forum...it would violate Lynsay's contract so we just don't do it.

So glad you are here...jump in wherever! The forum has been a little quiet lately, with all the holidays and such. But with January and the new books, it will get very active again!! :)
wren

Postby Mr Spice on December 14th, 2008, 11:40 pm

GiGi3 wrote:I love MONTY PYTHON..silly walker and such, but I don't remember the "FOUR YORKSHIRE MEN" can you jag my memory!

There's a stage version here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters