Armand

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Armand

Postby wren on May 7th, 2008, 6:39 am

Acal, in VAF when Thomas is telling Inez about Atlantis as "a story," he tells her on page 81 that the fall happened around 1500 BC. I was rereading the book last night and came across that tidbit. So, unless there are brothers or sisters between Lucian and JC and Martine, born before 1500 BC, then all of their siblings were born after the fall. Why did Alexandria and Ramses both die in 79 AD, though?

This also helps explain why Darius, Martine's first husband, was beheaded in battle. It didn't make sense for him to die in Atlantis in 260 BC...they isolated themselves from everyone else and were so advanced.

Lucian had two daughters with Luna, his wife in Atlantis. In Atlantis, there were no rules about how many children, etc. It was normal marriages and families, because the nanos didn't need to "evolve" them as they got the additional blood through transfusions. JC was also married. I can't remember her name, but it is in VI. Christian's grandmother tells about her. I wonder if the sons were at their parents or having transfusions when the fall happened. That would explain why their families were not with them when the four of them escaped.

wren :)
wren

Postby sin on May 7th, 2008, 9:55 am

Jean Claude's first wife's name was Sabia

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Denise on May 7th, 2008, 2:22 pm

wren wrote:Acal, in VAF when Thomas is telling Inez about Atlantis as "a story," he tells her on page 81 that the fall happened around 1500 BC.

Thanks for looking that up, Wren. I don't know why I was associating A's & R's deaths with the fall. But now I am curious as to why they both died the same year. I remember vaguely it being mentioned somewhere in one of the books, though.
Denise

Postby jill on May 7th, 2008, 6:35 pm

okay i was reading VAF during lunch and I have a theory for Armand. What if Armand was the Accidental Vampire that sired Elvi? Is that even possible?
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Copper on May 7th, 2008, 8:21 pm

ummmm how were all his wifes do u think hes in hiding coz he change to meany people and thinks his brothers mite find out it just seems a bit strange that hes mentiond but they know on seems to know where he is ????
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby sin on May 7th, 2008, 8:33 pm

Think he is just in seclusion because of the pain of loosing all of his wives.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Denise on May 8th, 2008, 1:52 am

I agree. I think Armand is just bitter because of so many losses and isn't ready to join the world again.
Denise

Postby Denise on May 8th, 2008, 2:22 am

Just reposting Lynsay's comment.
Oh my gosh, poor Armand. Sigh. The man has the worst luck with women, at least wives. He's gone through three of them already, though not all three were lifemates.

Ah well, I'm hoping he finds a new lifemate and sheds this lousy luck, but who knows. It would kind of be like cursing the lifemate since the last three didn't last long.

Lynsay
Denise

Postby Denise on May 8th, 2008, 2:38 am

And some other comments...
Acal says: "He's a recluse but maybe something dire happens that only he can fix!"

Wren says: "Hmmm...that is a good theory. Because it is going to take something to bring big Armand out...and obviously, he wouldn't come out and be an enforcer the way Lucien made Victor do after he lost his lifemate. Interesting...but don't know when Armand might decide to talk to Lynsay...unless his little girl, Jeanne Louise, got in trouble or hurt and he was forced to open up!

And from Jill: "Okay scenario....what if Armand comes out of seclusion for his brother's wedding? I am assuming that Leigh and Lucian will be married before Victor and Elvi, so let's say the Armand makes a guest appearance. And then he sees his son Thomas with Inez. And then he realizes that Thomas has found his lifemate."

Wren again: "I don't think the weddings will bring Armand out of hiding...especially as he is sad and bitter about the loss of his wives/lifemate. Even if it is his brothers getting married...that may just make it harder for him. Also, we don't know where he is, or how quickly he gets the information from the family (he could ignore mail, computers, or phone calls.) He has been in seclusion (Jeanne Louise is 92yo in AQB) a long time, short for an immortal I know, but he doesn't want to be around anyone. I think something dangerous or threatening to his family is going to have to happen to shake Armand out of hiding. I also don't know if he is even talking to Lynsay, or just hanging around watching the others stories being told while he hides.

Add Gena: "I have a strange feeling that not only Lucian but Victor knows how to find him, I have a strange feeling that something really really bad is going to happen to bring him out of hiding!! I know Thomas is his son, but he did drop him and his sister off with Marguerite and then just leave, I don't think him being married will bring him back, just maybe a letter! I think there is going to be a segway to the enforcer books with him....someone they have been after for a long time and who we probably haven't met yet will become a threat to our beloved Arganeau/Notte clan. HHHMMM! or he might be in hiding as part of a plan remember the brothers were aware of what happened to JC, maybe something else went with that..(not that Armand was directly linked, but he might have known and stayed in hiding to not get invovled)."

That's all I'm going to add. We can pick up the thread from there.
Denise

Postby GiGi3 on May 8th, 2008, 9:15 am

jill wrote:okay i was reading VAF during lunch and I have a theory for Armand. What if Armand was the Accidental Vampire that sired Elvi? Is that even possible?

That thought crossed my mind. If he is hiding out in Mexico, then it could work. I am sure he is staying away due to unresolved pain and anger at loosing his wives, but the immoral that sired Elvi was unaware (at least that was the impression) wasn't it mentioned that he was gone when Mabel and he were awake??

OK, how's this for a thought! Sires have a connection by blood with their turns. It has been mentioned...(I THNK??!!....RIGHT?) So what if he stars popping up during Elvi's travels with Victor. Only she is so new she doesnt know it. Something happens and she is the one who can find him! We are all assuming that he is OK, and that the family will call him to them. What if He is in trouble and they have to find him!!!....let me know what you think!!
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Next

Return to Discuss The Characters