Armand

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Armand

Postby jess4269034 on September 21st, 2009, 3:52 pm

I looked up Armand's name meaning and it says that its Latin and means "of the army". Just thought I'd share that little tidbit.
jess4269034
 
Posts: 20
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 4:31 pm


Re: Armand

Postby Epona on October 16th, 2009, 5:12 pm

I think having three lifemates die on you does put a damper on things. But I think it could also be a flaw in the rule about turning. You may only turn one other, and most save that for their lifemate. But what about Victor, if he had had to turn Marion, she died but through no fault of hers or his, but it would mean that he would have had to rely on another turning Elvi. (another did, but more by, in his case, good luck than good management) it's not like he'd be going around randomly turning people.

But getting back to Armand, I'd like to see what has happened to him, those siblings have had to remove one of their number, he has a son and a daughter anyone would be proud of, maybe even if he doesn't find another mate, perhaps getting involved in Jeanne Louise's story?
Epona
 
Posts: 3
Joined: October 16th, 2009, 5:00 pm


Re: Armand

Postby sin on October 19th, 2009, 12:00 am

Epona wrote:But getting back to Armand, I'd like to see what has happened to him, those siblings have had to remove one of their number, he has a son and a daughter anyone would be proud of, maybe even if he doesn't find another mate, perhaps getting involved in Jeanne Louise's story?


We will find out more about Armand & his relationship with his 3 childern in his story next September..Only 1 (Nicholas's mother Susanna) was Armands LIFEMATE..Althea ( Thomas's mother) & Rosamund ( Jeanne Louise's mother) were wives..Armand has met his new LIFEMATE & we get the rest of Nicholas's story at that time...
Image

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
User avatar
sin
 
Posts: 4637
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 6:55 pm
Location: Georgia


Re: Armand

Postby wren on October 19th, 2009, 12:29 am

Epona wrote:I think having three lifemates die on you does put a damper on things. But I think it could also be a flaw in the rule about turning. You may only turn one other, and most save that for their lifemate. But what about Victor, if he had had to turn Marion, she died but through no fault of hers or his, but it would mean that he would have had to rely on another turning Elvi. (another did, but more by, in his case, good luck than good management) it's not like he'd be going around randomly turning people.

But getting back to Armand, I'd like to see what has happened to him, those siblings have had to remove one of their number, he has a son and a daughter anyone would be proud of, maybe even if he doesn't find another mate, perhaps getting involved in Jeanne Louise's story?


Armand did not have three life mates...he had three wives. Immortals do not have to be lifemates to marry. Only his first wife, Susanna, was his lifemate. I will have to reread to see if she was turned or born immortal, or if we have been told. Althea & Rosamund were born immortals. They were not lifemates, but were marriages of either companionship or convenience. The fact that they were all immortal & all died so young has always been the mystery we have waited to have solved...it was too suspicious, because immortals do not die easily. It seemed a little too much "bad luck" for one Immortal man to have...and then Armand became reclusive & has stayed in seclusion by choice, and Lucian did not push him out like he did Victor after Marion died. Lynsay has explained many times about the one-turn law. Regardless of what happens, if it was not such a strictly enforced law, many would marry and heads would be rolling just because they had found a true lifemate later. The laws are designed to protect both Immortals & mortals. They aren't meant to be cruel. We will find out more about Armand's mystery in his book, and hopefully have the answers to a lot of other unsolved questions! :)
Image
User avatar
wren
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 4:55 am
Location: Mississippi USA


Re: Armand

Postby wren on October 19th, 2009, 12:34 am

jess4269034 wrote:I looked up Armand's name meaning and it says that its Latin and means "of the army". Just thought I'd share that little tidbit.



Hi Jess...I have a fascination with names & meanings and often post about them. sin bumped the thread up for us, so newbies and those who have been around awhile will have it for reference or to add information. Just wanted to let you know!

On all of the sections of the forum, there are several pages for each...sometimes we have to look through them to see if there are similar topics, or we have a search option at the top of the forum to hunt for information we are interested in knowing more about. Glad you have joined in...laters, wren :)
Image
User avatar
wren
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 4:55 am
Location: Mississippi USA


Re: Armand

Postby susan60625 on October 19th, 2009, 12:48 am

wren wrote:Armand did not have three life mates...he had three wives. Immortals do not have to be lifemates to marry. Only his first wife, Susanna, was his lifemate. I will have to reread to see if she was turned or born immortal, or if we have been told. Althea & Rosamund were born immortals. They were not lifemates, but were marriages of either companionship or convenience. The fact that they were all immortal & all died so young has always been the mystery we have waited to have solved...it was too suspicious, because immortals do not die easily. It seemed a little too much "bad luck" for one Immortal man to have...and then Armand became reclusive & has stayed in seclusion by choice, and Lucian did not push him out like he did Victor after Marion died. Lynsay has explained many times about the one-turn law. Regardless of what happens, if it was not such a strictly enforced law, many would marry and heads would be rolling just because they had found a true lifemate later. The laws are designed to protect both Immortals & mortals. They aren't meant to be cruel. We will find out more about Armand's mystery in his book, and hopefully have the answers to a lot of other unsolved questions! :)


I had the book handy, Wren. According to Marguerite, Armand did turn Susana. This presents an interesting situation. We still don't know who will turn out to be his lifemate. But she will either have to be already an immortal, or someone else will have to turn her for him.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
User avatar
susan60625
 
Posts: 5704
Joined: April 8th, 2009, 10:33 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois


Re: Armand

Postby Shienara on October 19th, 2009, 1:39 am

Perhaps it will be Mirabeau, another colourful character I'd like to see again! :) Just speculation on my part though, absolutely no hints or evidence to back it up. Wow, I can't believe we have to wait so long for his story...We should be allowed to petition the publishers and get them to release it earlier! lol
Shienara
 
Posts: 8
Joined: October 15th, 2009, 10:39 pm


Re: Armand

Postby susan60625 on October 19th, 2009, 11:23 am

While I like Mirabeau, I'm kind of hoping for a new character. I am leaning toward one of Justin's sisters. There has to be a reason Lynsay had him mention them. I can see one or more of them coming to visit Justin and getting tangled up with Armand. I think it might be very funny for an immortal woman with Justin's sense of humor to come onto the scene. Can you imagine how flustered Justin would get while trying to protect his sister and, in the process, getting a taste of his own medicine when she teases him. I can picture the amusement of Mortimer, Decker and Anders when they watch him have to deal with someone like himself! :twisted:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
User avatar
susan60625
 
Posts: 5704
Joined: April 8th, 2009, 10:33 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois


Re: Armand

Postby Shienara on October 20th, 2009, 1:20 am

LOL!! That's a great idea, it would be fun to watch Justin squirm...I can picture it now!
Shienara
 
Posts: 8
Joined: October 15th, 2009, 10:39 pm


Re: Armand

Postby Denise on October 22nd, 2009, 10:58 pm

What if it's Dani's sister, Stephanie? How old was she? OOOOO! Just a thought. We had speculated at one point that Nicholas was hiding something, so maybe another immortal was working with him. Remember, he was evasive when Decker was asking something like "How'd you know he took the girls if you were waiting on us at the restaurant?" And Nicholas completely ignored answering that one. In fact, he interrupted Decker and got him off that topic fast. Found my old post...
Denise wrote:There was a question unanswered about how Nicholas knew about the two girls if he was at the restaurant, well away from the grocery store. Could he have been in on planning their capture? Could it be a trap that he has planned all along? That's the direction I'm leaning right now. Can't wait to see how wrong or right this theory is.


Now I'm thinking what if Armand was working with him? And Armand recognized Steph as a potential lifemate? And she's already been changed for him, now, so now trouble with the "Only one turn" rule. AHHHHH! I can't wait until the sneak peeks, now! MUST KNOW WHO HIS LIFEMATE IS!
Image
User avatar
Denise
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 9:06 am
Location: Oklahoma

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron