Confession: Tiny is dead, long live Tiny

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Confession: Tiny is dead, long live Tiny

Postby Lynsay on November 2nd, 2008, 12:48 pm

Okay, before you freak out on me, Tiny is not dead . . . his book is though. After nearly two months of struggling with he and his paramour (unheard of from me. I have never taken two months to write a book) I reconciled myself to the fact that Tiny and his chicky weren't working out. Don't know if there was no chemistry between the pair or what. :?

Actually I do know. There was just too much explanation needed. It kept getting bogged down with explanations of this and that and what happened here or there and so on. AND both characters knew everything (as most of you here would since you've read the earlier stories and know Tiny's history and so on), so to explain things to new readers meant all these convoluted twists and turns of the characters' thinking to try to "explain" what the characters already knew! I mean I could have grit my teeth and plugged away and just written the darn thing and collected the check. It probably would have been "fine." But it was boring to ME, and if it's bloody boring to me, it sure as heck ain't gonna be much better for you so why bother? Sigh.

So about a week ago I finally just said "SNAP! This is a waste of my time. You two are out of here" and despite having it about half written, I dumped it and searched around for something else to write. I really should have done it sooner, I was just so determined to write Tiny. He's such a sweetheart. But I CAN do him later when he's feeling more cooperative and I've either found him another gal or sorted out the hows of explaining stuff we all already know. So don't despair, Tiny will be back.

In the meantime, I've settled on another character to write about, and their story is flowing beautifully, lots of fun, keeping my interest, and I'm enjoying myself so hope you guys will too. Can you guess who? I shall give you a hint. . . let's see. . . She's mortal. He's not. That should make it easy, lol. Anyway, there are loads of things I wanted to explain in this next story, things that finish off past stories, but I'm not going to unless it comes up naturally in the story. (You know, about what happened or is happening with the weddings, Leigh's baby, etc. Those explanations too were bogging down Tiny, so unless it comes up naturally, I'll just have to post it here or something. We'll see)

On another topic, this is Mr. Spice and my anniversary and we planned to go out for dinner, however, then we got a call that someone wants a showing AT SIX THIRTY on a SUNDAY. :o What the hell? That always used to be family meal time when I was growing up, and still is now. Mr. Spice often makes chicken and potatoes and swede and brussel sprouts and gravy on Sundays and last weekend Tori the elf came to enjoy it with us. However, it's our Anniversary and as I say we were going to drive into town to go to a restaurant we like for dinner and still will, but it will be late, probably eight o'clock before we can head in. This showing also means no working for me ALL day because I don't want to mess up the sun room and I have to help clean up and dust and stuff. Sigh. And the new story is going sooooo well I want to be writing right now! Honestly, people can be such a pain!

Well, hope you all had a great Halloween and are enjoying a nice weekend. I need to go clean now. Hugs and ciao all!
Lynsay

Tootles! (or is it toodles? Whatever, you know what I mean : ) :P
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Re: Confession: Tiny is dead, long live Tiny

Postby sin on November 2nd, 2008, 1:38 pm

Hi Lynsay. First off Happy Anniversary to you and Dave. I must admit when I saw the notification in my e-mail I just about had a tizzy. But from your past postings I can understand. Tiny will cooperate some day. It is better that he & his lady get this worked out now instead of later in the story. I personally do not think you could ever write a boring story. But, I do understand that if you are not happy then re-do it. You do know what we like from your Immortals. lol

As to your hint:
I shall give you a hint. . . let's see. . . She's mortal. He's not. That should make it easy, lol.
That could be just about anyone of the Immortal men just waiting to be heard from.. yum, yum. Can we just have another small hint? Maybe the initials? Please *as you can tell I am not above begging. grins*

Have a nice dinner tonight. Hopefully this will be the one to buy your house..good luck

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby lisa on November 2nd, 2008, 4:44 pm

Headline about gave me a heartattack!!! Tiny however needs to find a forever kinda gal, so i guess the engagement is over??? I think i would like Tiny to be turned and think he would be out there forever, but if it doesnt work, forever would be terrible, so he needs just the right gal, immortal or not. Besides this way he can live in dread of Marguerite's matchmaking skills and she can just have the right kind of gal just sneak up on him when he has lowered his guard a little. She is a little busy right now and might not get it right if she was distracted with her new life and motherhood ( new bambinos and Christian included). Maybe as the series continues the right gal will show up for him. There are always weddings, family gatherings with the Argeneaus-Notte clan, and work. He may meet her at just the right time, without all those pesky details ( of who -knows- what ) getting in the way of a great storyline. Because he is such a great guy, without all those hangups and attitude problems that some of the others had (Mr Grumpy-Fangs for example ) it was probably hard to write about him. After all, who wouldnt want a giant gentle teddybear that can cook and still look great in his silk boxers ! (He probably has women coming out of the woodwork,circling his house to catch his attention anyway, although he doesnt seem conceited.) I think he is one of those people that you want just the right present for at Christmas and although he would like alot of what you would pick, you want it to be the most special gift of all time. I think that is why his story wouldnt flow just right for you. Im sure Tiny's day will come and it will be great. Happy Anniversary and Happy House selling ! :D ( P.S. Please keep Tiny safe ,or at least not hurt too badly. I did have a few spots flash in front of my eyes on seeing topic heading )
lisa

Postby Copper on November 2nd, 2008, 6:01 pm

Lynsay wrote: I shall give you a hint. . . let's see. . . She's mortal. He's not. That should make it easy,

any one els think mort and sam makes sence that they should be tied to leigh and the baby and all that jazz who els do we know that are that arange ment maby this means one of her sisters it an good Argeneaus match ye
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby Mr Spice on November 2nd, 2008, 10:01 pm

lisa wrote:Mr Grumpy-Fangs for example

Leave me out of this.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Denise on November 2nd, 2008, 10:31 pm

I shall give you a hint. . . let's see. . . She's mortal. He's not. That should make it easy...

Got to be one of Sam's sisters and Grant! Hmm... or "Turner" and his girl that will make a difficult story if Turner knows he accidentally turned someone... or Christian and someone, or Marcus, or one of the Nottes, or Valerian, or Bricker or.... Yeah right, that's SURE easy!
Denise

Postby sin on November 2nd, 2008, 10:44 pm

I would like to think that Stephano has stopped his whining and is ready to talk.
We need a Notte story. More of that side and those handsome Italian men.!!!

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby love2read on November 3rd, 2008, 1:36 am

Lynsay, frist of all Happy aniversrey, and secondly, dont feel bad, your the expert here and if the story is not flowing then that is fine, i cant tell you how many times i have read a book and said, what was the point of them even publishing it? I have resinged myself to wait for Tiny's story to come up later. Have fun writing!!!
Also i wanted to say this to Tiny, Bad Tiny, Bad! (i hope that you will stop giving Lynsay a hard time time she comes to write your book) ;)
(L2R who is finshed rereading The Relucant Reformer, and is pateintly awaiting TDOTH to come out...)
love2read

Postby wren on November 3rd, 2008, 4:12 am

Lynsay wrote: I shall give you a hint. . . let's see. . . She's mortal. He's not.

Hugs and ciao all!
Lynsay

Tootles! (or is it toodles? Whatever, you know what I mean : ) :P
Lynsay

Hmmm...ciao, could that be a hint? Is one of our beloved Italian Nottes going to step forward, perhaps Marcus? Ohhhhh, Please, Please, Please let it be Marcus...he is the first ancient immortal
(you know, BC old :lol: ) that I've soooo wanted to know more about! Please, Lynsay and Mr. Grumpy Fangs that likes to sink his fangs in Cherry Cheesecake...please tell us who we are waiting for now!! :D

We understand about Tiny...better the book you want than a forced book that you aren't happy with, Lynsay! He and his true beloved will come around when the time is right, and writing the books can't be fun if you get all stressed about it! I can't even list all of the immortals stories we want to hear anyway, so when you have to change direction, it just means that it's meant to be so that the series flows!

Have a Wonderful and Very Happy Anniversary!! Image May the house showing go well for you!

toodles, wren Image(pretend you see my "royal wave" ~ I promise that I'm not truly delusional...it's just that the fantastic feline Image and I live with all guys and it was American football Image on tv yesterday and it's real basketball Image practice again today! :roll: But at the games I'll be there cheering for them! :) )
wren

Postby lisa on November 3rd, 2008, 6:03 am

Could also be one of the Notte twins, or even Christian? (if ciao was a hint, that may be a red herring comment)
lisa

Next

Return to Discuss The Characters