Justin Bricker

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Justin Bricker

Postby susan60625 on September 26th, 2010, 10:39 am

deadwoodpecker wrote:First of all, I am SO sorry for my absence in the last few weeks. I've had some personal issues, and haven't been online.

1) I'm new here, and I don't have the benefit of knowing the board dynamics, I suppose. I'm glad Lynsay gave me the benefit of the doubt and posted my comment anyway. I honestly didn't mean to be inflammatory.

2) I do have an explanation for why I think JB might be a traitor.
a) He's been around for nearly everything that's gone wonky in the Rogue Hunters series. For example, in The Immortal Hunter, wasn't he the one who lost Stephanie at the airport? Also... he was alone with the van (with the staked bad guys), and could have helped one of them. And wasn't he one of the guys who was supposed to keep watch over Jo while she was at her apartment? She ended up being attacked instead of protected.
b) If I were the bad guys, I would want someone on the inside. Someone who could feed information to me about the Rogue Hunters and Argeneaus.

Okay deadwoodpecker. I'm glad that you had put some thought into this and didn't just toss a bomb like that! Don't worry about stepping on toes. We've all done it once or twice!

Now, as for your points against our beloved, Justin. 1. Yes, he was at the airport when Stephanie was lost, but he AND Decker arrived after Leonius's son had left with her. I, also, don't think that Decker would have allowed him to interfere and prevent a recovery of Dani's sister. Also, Justin was driving so fast to try to capture the rogue that they almost crashed, so I don't think he was delaying to let him get away. 2. I don't think he had anything to do with Leonius II getting away in the clearing. When Leonius had Dani in the cellar of the Parker's place and was bragging about how he got away, he had no idea that she would be able to get away. Why wouldn't he also brag about having an informant amongst the enforcers? 3. Yes, Justin was watching over Jo at her apartment. BUT, once again, he wasn't alone. Now, we don't know that much about Anders yet, except that he has been Decker's partner for a long time and he seems to be a very serious person. I can't see him being influenced by Justin. 4. Yes, it would be smart to have an informant amongst the enforcers, but I just don't think Leonius II is that smart! He's a deranged no-fanger and I just can't see why he wouldn't have confessed it to Dani. Now, Basha, on the other hand might, but we don't know enough about her yet. And, since, Lynsay has said that it might be a while before Leonius and Basha might make an appearance again, why would Bricker be trying to sabotage things now? I'm convinced that there is a secret regarding Justin, but I'm sure it has something to do with Rosamund and that even he doesn't know about it!

BTW, this is all my opinion and my interpretation of what we've read so far. I could be very wrong, but only Lynsay knows for sure! And, not surprisingly (*snicker*), Lynsay is being mysterious about it! We'll all try to pry more little tidbits out of her, but she can be very good about keeping some things secret! :(
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on September 26th, 2010, 2:33 pm

susan60625 wrote:BTW, this is all my opinion and my interpretation of what we've read so far. I could be very wrong, but only Lynsay knows for sure! And, not surprisingly (*snicker*), Lynsay is being mysterious about it! We'll all try to pry more little tidbits out of her, but she can be very good about keeping some things secret! :(

*giggle* especially when Lynsay "accidentally" keeps a secret...mostly because when she gets really busy writing, she doesn't remember she never even dropped a hint for us :lol: But, in spite of claiming she can't keep secrets, when it comes to her books, she is very good at it...or giving us only enough info to go in circles ;) Oh, but that's all part of the fun on the forum! :D
wren

Postby deadwoodpecker on September 26th, 2010, 3:03 pm

I also wanted to say that if it weren't for Lynsay's story-telling abilities, I wouldn't even have these types of questions. With a lot of other authors, what you see is what you get. If someone is a traitor, they definitely have a flashing neon sign over their heads that say "TRAITOR!" in big letters. But - whether JB is a traitor or not - Lynsay's already pulled the wool over our eyes with wicked subtlety in this series, and I'll bet she's planning to do it again. That's why I like her books so much!

About Leonius. Personally, I think he's a deranged no-fanger with limited intelligence. However, Lucian believes (I think he said it in Born to Bite) that someone is helping him. I think that someone would be smart enough to place someone behind enemy lines. Basha is smart enough, I assume.

I also need to do a reread. Before the accident, I was all raring to go with wild theories (most of which were shot down in another thread, lol) and tilting magnificently at windmills, but now I've pretty much forgotten most of my points!

deadwoodpecker
deadwoodpecker

Postby wren on September 26th, 2010, 3:58 pm

susan60625 wrote:
deadwoodpecker wrote:First of all, I am SO sorry for my absence in the last few weeks. I've had some personal issues, and haven't been online.

1) I'm new here, and I don't have the benefit of knowing the board dynamics, I suppose. I'm glad Lynsay gave me the benefit of the doubt and posted my comment anyway. I honestly didn't mean to be inflammatory.

Okay deadwoodpecker. I'm glad that you had put some thought into this and didn't just toss a bomb like that! Don't worry about stepping on toes. We've all done it once or twice!

deadwoodpecker, We truly are glad you returned and that we hadn't caused you to back away from our wonderful forum with our chorus of objections about our beloved JB. Hon, I've been on the forum for 3 years & I've made plenty of comments that have accidentally stepped on toes. You happen to have a theory that goes against the general flow, but it's all good as that helps the discussions to get wound up in a good way! :) As we all get to know each other better, you'll find that we are actually a warm & welcoming group who loves having new friends join us. Don't forget to do our Getting To Know You quiz and Quirky Questions...fun & easy ways to see what we all have in common and they only take a few minutes!

As for Justin Bricker, is he or is he not the Immortal we believe we know? To be or not to be a...traitor? Image Or an Immortal hero with a different kind of secret? Image Bwahahahaha...That, my friends, is the Question of the Day!! ♫ Please insert "The Twilight Zone" theme music here! ♫ Oh great, now I'll have it stuck in my head all day! Image

The search is on for every clue! Image Form an orderly queue & get your t-shirts right here..."Team Traitor With a Secret" or "Team Hero With a Secret" or for Sherr, "Team I ♥ Justin Bricker 4ever!" Image FYI, sherr has a bit of a "possessive streak" when it comes to her fave Immortal...and if he is rogue or even thought to be rogue as was Nicholas, we can prepare to send enforcers because sherr will be with JB! *grin*

See, deadwoodpecker, a little unintentional shaking-up didn't hurt us a bit, but actually gave us something to think about in a new way. Image That is, once we got over the shocking suggestion! Image Image Don't think it is just because you are a newbie...we firmly believe in having our newbies go through the "turn" (it's painless on the forum) to become full-time Immortals and active members on this cozy & crazy forum as quickly as possible! When you're posting & active as is possible on the forum, and are totally committed to "turning" mortals to all books by Lynsay Sands (the Immortal laws exempt us from "one turn only" regarding the books)...oh, and when Terri-fic ever gets back from vacation & catches up on all her work...then your name will become Immortal navy blue & you are an "oldie" with all the privileges granted for having the Immortal status! Cool, huh? 8-)

After all...it's never, ever wise for us to assume that we know what the characters are telling Lynsay or which twists & turns the book series will take! Image
wren

Postby sin on September 26th, 2010, 5:49 pm

I have been here as long as wren and to say you gave us the immortal equivalent of a heart attack is to say the least. We all have "stepped on toes". But I still have to disagree with your points and back Sue. To a point. As I DO believe that he (and out sweet Lynsay) are the only ones who know what his connection to Rosamund is.

But maybe we can sweet talk our wonderful, favorite author into revealing just a tidbit for us. *bats eyes**

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Denise on September 26th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Great points, deadwoodpecker (BTW, what's the story behind that name?).

As for Justin, one other point that would make it highly unlikely for him to be a plant in the enforcers is his age. Since he's younger than all of them, they should all be able to read him. But, now that I think about that, have we ever seen evidence of that? Can anyone think of a time when he's been read by the older ones?
Denise

Postby susan60625 on September 27th, 2010, 1:39 am

No, Denise, I cannot think of an occasion where we read about Justin being read. However, that brings up an interesting point. Until very recently, Lucian was in charge of the enforcers and he has never made a secret of the fact that he reads everyone! He has said that there are a few family members that he cannot read, but he has not said that about non-family members. So, since Lucian reads everyone, I would think that he would have ferreted out any plants among the enforcers a long time ago.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sherr on September 27th, 2010, 8:51 am

First off- Deadwoodpecker that is really an interesting thought about Justin and I'm glad you explained it....it actually had me thinking.

Second- Sue thank you for defending my JB's reputation and yes I too believe he has something hidden that he hasn't even told me (can you imagine)

Third - Wren I'm not possessive....he's mine and that's....that. Although I do let others have the delusion that they can borrow him but he is my lifemate and he is MINE.

Fourth- to everyone I miss thanks for posting because it bumped JB up to the top of the list ;)
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby jill on September 29th, 2010, 9:04 pm

sherr wrote:Third - Wren I'm not possessive....he's mine and that's....that. Although I do let others have the delusion that they can borrow him but he is my lifemate and he is MINE.

no not possesive in the least lol...but don't worry all will be revealed by Lynsay :mrgreen:
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Lynsay on September 30th, 2010, 1:15 am

What's this about an accident deadwoodpecker? I hope you're okay.

And Sin sweetie, are you sucking up to me? LOL. Thank you for the sweet and wonderful. I love you guys too.

Oooo, Wren, half the time I don't know what they're going to tell me. Or I start out with one thing and end up with another. For instance, this book. I was at 52,000 words and had to go back and SCRAP all the way to 12,000 words and start over from there. And my GOD, it made a total difference. But it also took an entirely different turn than I expected. Christian was keeping secrets. He didn't want me to know what Gia had done and it was hampering me. Gosh, but I think I've fallen in love with the guy though. Marguerite has another good son there. And it's so nice to see them getting closer.

Well, I need to go shift the changes to the computer and see how many more words I added while supposedly cutting. (Rolling eyes) Honestly! I did try. And I did cut, but there were things that needed explaining that I'd missed and....Oh, dear. If they try to cut too much I might have to refuse to let them pub it and write another one. I really don't want this one ruined. Or maybe I should tell my agent to wait until we see what happens with this on editing before we sign anything on the new contract. I can't believe I'm even saying that. I usually just say, "C'est la vie" but I like these two a lot.

All right, I'm out of here.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters