Justin Bricker

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Justin Bricker

Postby sherr on September 30th, 2010, 7:47 am

Gosh....Lynsay talking about dropping hints and now making me anxious for this story (the complete unedited version) Can I come to your house and hover over your shoulder???
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby jill on September 30th, 2010, 6:26 pm

ooo me too I can be stealthy and quiet...
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Lynsay on October 2nd, 2010, 6:55 am

LOL Sherr. You know Justin used to come over all the time and read while I wrote. I'd have a coffee break with him and chat, then he'd be reading, I'd be writing, and there'd be dead silence except for my occasional chortle and a snort of laughter from him. Usually he would read printed pages of the chapters I was already done, but sometimes he'd catch up and harass me to just print up what I had done of the chapter I was working on. DJ would sometimes come along with him, but when he did we talked more than anything. He didn't come at deadline time.

Ah the good old days. I think my neighbours thought I was having a lot of sex though, and threesomes, cause these guys would show up between 11 and 4 and often not leave until just before dawn, lol. It always makes me laugh when I think how wild my neighbours probably think I am because of the hours I keep and the night visits. Hmmm, that would be a good title for a book Night Visits or Night Visitor...wonder if that's been used...

Anyway, all that died abruptly when I got married. Justin and Deej were made to feel unwelcome in my life at all, day or during night writing. Not by me. I have been informed that they won't stand for that again, that they can't watch my back that way and they're right. They're good friends. Never allow your friends to be pushed from your life. It's bad. Leaves you with no support.

I hope you have friends as good as they are, and totally understand you guys loving Justin's character. He's adorable, love him to bits both in the books and in reality. He's been my best male girlfriend for 17 years. LOL. That sounds awful. And there's absolutely nothing girlish about him. The real Justin is 6'3 or 6'4 with a brush cut, a deep voice and wide shoulders. But while I love him to bits, just not in THAT way. He's more like a brother who harasses the hell out of me and I don't think of him as a guy. It offends him no end when I say that, by the way. LOL. But you guys probably know what I mean.

Well, I'm obviously chatty Cathy after finishing Christian's story. Too long with just me and the puter. Must shut up and get ready for the day. Have a ton of things to do that I've neglected while writing. Wonder if DJ will come to London this weekend. If so, we'll probably all go out for dinner and then talk until 4 or 5 AM. Honestly, when you get the group of us together, time just flies.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on October 2nd, 2010, 1:19 pm

Finally! Lynsay, I can now relax & say I don't think you would name a future lead character after one of your best friends and then make him a traitor...maybe an Immortal who has a difficult secret in his past...one he may or may not know about?? Hmmmm?? You can tell us. We can handle it! Image 8-)

For once my memory failed me (well, it's not like you have posted much about his future yet...not even a hint about his book, either) and I couldn't remember if you had ever mentioned the real Justin on the forum & haven't been on the forum enough the past couple of weeks to search for it. I've been doing good to read all the posts! However, you had mentioned your friends D.J. & Justin and how they were like having brothers in one of your emails back to me when we went on a bunny trail about family. Lynsay & I are both from families of three sisters...btw, I'm not the chatty one of my three except for on the forum & sometimes on facebook...irl, chattiest would be our lovely Gypsy (who is about a month free of seizures, so we hope these meds are working...thank you all for your prayers & positive vibes!) I am the oldest, therefore the bossy princess...although my parents & sisters all call me "baby doll" which came from my Daddy, so it's reserved for them! Image

I wonder if the real Jackie is the bossy princess, too. If so, Jackie & I will determine when "world domination" takes place, and you will all receive the memo of when to be there! lol I guess I'm the second chattiest in my family. Seashell is more reserved around others until we get her wound up, and then she & Gypsy play off each other in such a funny way it will knock you over with laughter! *grin*

So, there I was thinking AAAACK!!!! My #1 reason why Justin isn't a traitor can't be found in the books and I don't know if Lynsay has ever posted that there is a real-life Justin...how can I explain my theories without "canon"? and I didn't want to make anything a spoiler for anyone for the upcoming stories by saying anything about Justin outside of the books or posts on the forum. Lyns, now that you have posted & explained your real-life relationship with both D.J. & Justin, and we know how you & um, Lucern, like to use family & friends names in writing the books...well, peeps, one of Lynsay's longest ever friends as close as a brother is the real life Justin, so I'm not convinced that it makes him rogue traitor material. *giggle* That's my theory & I'm sticking to it! It does sound like the real Justin might find it amusing if Lynsay made him one of the bad guys...but the forum SAs would be heartbroken! Image

Also, the bad guys don't get to be the lead character & have a HEA with a life mate. Image sherr would never recover! Image Does the "real Justin" ever read the forum? Now, that would be funny!! Image :lol: We are not known for being very bashful...so bring on a guest appearance of the real Justin...perhaps with a a few clues about the "character" Justin! ;)

susan60625 wrote:No, Denise, I cannot think of an occasion where we read about Justin being read. However, that brings up an interesting point. Until very recently, Lucian was in charge of the enforcers and he has never made a secret of the fact that he reads everyone! He has said that there are a few family members that he cannot read, but he has not said that about non-family members. So, since Lucian reads everyone, I would think that he would have ferreted out any plants among the enforcers a long time ago.

Interesting point. Justin's first appearance in the series was in BMIYC when he was helping Lucian and Mortimer, who is his partner, hunt Morgan. Lucian reads everyone...so unless he is one of those rare Immortals that he can't read...and I'm not ruling that out at this point after the surprise he gave us in BTB...but if he can read him, Lucian knows everything in Justin's thoughts. Also, Mortimer is 800 years old, and could probably have easily read Justin, even though the Immortals try to be respectful of each others privacy most of the time.

:?: One other thing: Lynsay, is it harder for a younger born Immortal to be read rather than a new turn, since born Immortals are usually trained in the special Immortal powers as they are growing up?
wren

Postby jill on October 4th, 2010, 7:40 pm

Lynsay wrote:LOL Sherr. You know Justin used to come over all the time and read while I wrote. I'd have a coffee break with him and chat, then he'd be reading, I'd be writing, and there'd be dead silence except for my occasional chortle and a snort of laughter from him. Usually he would read printed pages of the chapters I was already done, but sometimes he'd catch up and harass me to just print up what I had done of the chapter I was working on. DJ would sometimes come along with him, but when he did we talked more than anything. He didn't come at deadline time.

Ah the good old days. I think my neighbours thought I was having a lot of sex though, and threesomes, cause these guys would show up between 11 and 4 and often not leave until just before dawn, lol. It always makes me laugh when I think how wild my neighbours probably think I am because of the hours I keep and the night visits. Hmmm, that would be a good title for a book Night Visits or Night Visitor...wonder if that's been used...

Anyway, all that died abruptly when I got married. Justin and Deej were made to feel unwelcome in my life at all, day or during night writing. Not by me. I have been informed that they won't stand for that again, that they can't watch my back that way and they're right. They're good friends. Never allow your friends to be pushed from your life. It's bad. Leaves you with no support.

I hope you have friends as good as they are, and totally understand you guys loving Justin's character. He's adorable, love him to bits both in the books and in reality. He's been my best male girlfriend for 17 years. LOL. That sounds awful. And there's absolutely nothing girlish about him. The real Justin is 6'3 or 6'4 with a brush cut, a deep voice and wide shoulders. But while I love him to bits, just not in THAT way. He's more like a brother who harasses the hell out of me and I don't think of him as a guy. It offends him no end when I say that, by the way. LOL. But you guys probably know what I mean.

Well, I'm obviously chatty Cathy after finishing Christian's story. Too long with just me and the puter. Must shut up and get ready for the day. Have a ton of things to do that I've neglected while writing. Wonder if DJ will come to London this weekend. If so, we'll probably all go out for dinner and then talk until 4 or 5 AM. Honestly, when you get the group of us together, time just flies.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Lynsay

Wow didn't realize they were real!
jill

Postby sherr on October 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm

Thanks for the interesting tidbit on my JB's namesake. :)
sherr

Postby jill on October 5th, 2010, 7:37 pm

are you drooling a little sherr I think I might be and I have a lovely man in my life lol...is that bad?
jill

Postby wren on October 6th, 2010, 12:09 am

jill wrote:Wow didn't realize they were real!

Oh, my dear Jáci...Lynsay has all kinds of secrets, and not ALL of them are kept accidentally secret. :o :shock: Luc Arimault aka Lucern Argeneau aka Lynsay Sands writes biographies based on her real life Immortal family & friends, often in Luc's voice...perhaps as a red herring writer's technique...keeping as many "facts" in the "fiction" as possible, and it's published as paranormal romance novels with a twist & no one is the wiser, except for this unique international immortal undercover group known as the SA. ;) Honey, that's why we are who we are & those others out there in this big ole world are not, and "they" & the nanos (though still in a lot of research stage...lost a lot of the experimental data in the fall, kwim) are so real...at least for those of us in the know! The secret must be kept...except for "turns" to the books, which much be promoted everywhere! Immortals gotta make a living, too...and Immortal Readers gotta be kept happy! 8-)
wren

Postby sherr on October 6th, 2010, 3:56 am

Drooling Jill??....Really.....pass the mop. :?
sherr

Postby jill on October 6th, 2010, 7:29 pm

wren wrote:
jill wrote:Wow didn't realize they were real!

Oh, my dear Jáci...Lynsay has all kinds of secrets, and not ALL of them are kept accidentally secret. :o :shock: Luc Arimault aka Lucern Argeneau aka Lynsay Sands writes biographies based on her real life Immortal family & friends, often in Luc's voice...perhaps as a red herring writer's technique...keeping as many "facts" in the "fiction" as possible, and it's published as paranormal romance novels with a twist & no one is the wiser, except for this unique international immortal undercover group known as the SA. ;) Honey, that's why we are who we are & those others out there in this big ole world are not, and "they" & the nanos (though still in a lot of research stage...lost a lot of the experimental data in the fall, kwim) are so real...at least for those of us in the know! The secret must be kept...except for "turns" to the books, which much be promoted everywhere! Immortals gotta make a living, too...and Immortal Readers gotta be kept happy! 8-)

Hear That Sista!
jill

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters